Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Knower

My Condolences to your family. So sorry.
Old 16-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Summerlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleigh
My aunt committed suicide in a very violent way yesterday. We are all shocked and in an immense state of grief.

I used to believe that suicide meant you didn't get to be with God.

Now I believe she she is home where she needs to be and is at peace. I pray that for her anyway.

I want to talk and talk and talk. I am in disbelief that this is happening to my family. I am so sad. I have cried all day and am so weak right now.

I cry for my uncle, my two cousins, my mom who has lost her sister.

I cry because I have been there and have been fortunate enough to come through the other side of it.

And I never ever thought I'd be part of the surviving family of a suicide victim.

My stepfather committed suicide too. I started having strange vivid dreams afterwards where he would come to visit me but he looked sad and he had phantom black bags attached to his torso which seemed to weigh him down.

When he was alive he once said to me that if there is an afterlife, he would try to prove it to the living when his time came.

Later, I'd have more dreams and one in particular where he told me that "it is all true". Then, he started coming to me in happier moods and looking younger and more alive. This was before I found out about OOBEs and lucid dreams.

When I decided to visit him for the first time in an OOBE, I seemed to have surprised him in his own world where he was living out some fantasy. Later, he would cry to me and tell me that he regretted what he did. I patted him on the back and told him that everyone makes mistakes and that nobody blamed him. That seemed to cheer him up.

After that, he would surprise me in lucid dreams and once he even asked me how I could visit him. I told him about OOBEs and he seemed interested.

Anyway, as I became more experienced it just seemed to easy to visit him. It made me feel really good and it has been very beneficial for me in terms of getting over his death (whether it was really him or not). He has also told me things that checked out in real life but I can never be sure if it was coincidence or product of the subconscious reservoir.

These days I don't visit him any more but I might again...like seeing an old friend...

I don't think there is any punishment in death. Mistakes can also be beneficial. there is a lesson learned in everything. And let's face it, whether there is an afterlife or not...the deceased are still winning.

Suffering comes from living and, although there are those of us that endure this experience and get the most out of it...others cannot take it any more (or they believe that they can't).
Old 20-09-2011, 05:46 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Heh. I just got done writing a post earlier about how my life has been dogged by suicides. If you want to talk and talk and talk, I am here; just PM me.

I disagree with SteffMarshall but I can also see the point he/she is making. It's a two-sided coin. It's not that your aunt lost faith in God; it's that your aunt was overwhelmed with human existence and wanted nothing more than to go back to God. This does not make one weak or a looser. Isn't it what we all long for? Yet yes, there is that flip side.... why take such a short cut like that? For those left living, that is the very question to ponder.

If you believe in reincarnation then it may console you to consider your aunt chose a very challenging path for this incarnation. She may have chosen to kill herself as a sacrifice for the rest of you that she loved, for lessons you all needed to learn to grow. In other words, she agreed to leave this world when she did, because it was all a part of a grand master plan, for the rest of you who are her One.

Or she simply took on more than she could handle, got overwhelmed, and went back for a rest. To stay on the other side from here on out, learning lessons from afar, watching and learning from afar, from a safer distance, through your lessons instead of experiencing them directly herself.

Just please whatever you believe, know that she is just fine, she may not be here in form, but she IS very much here. In ever breath you take. If you miss her, breath her in from the air. The molecules you breath in may transform their way into tears coursing down your face, and that is all as well... they evaporate, go back into the air, become clouds, rain down, filter through the ground, become the water you drink and a critical part of you.

Hugs and much love. I'm here, if you want to talk. Talk on and on to me all you want. Been there, done that. Over and over...

I could not have said this better myself!
Old 24-09-2011, 04:05 AM
Celeste

So sorry for you and your family.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Master
I am so sorry for your loss and if it brings you any comfort at all to know you are not alone (my grandpa shot himself, and i have had a few close friends commit suicide) I am so sorry for what you are going through. We are here for you, and for those that have experienced similar, we understand. Please take at least a little comfort in this.
If you need to talk, i would be more than happy to just listen.

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 24-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I too, know what it's like to lose a family member to suicide. It kind of sounds like you're still in the state of shock stage. It isn't easy getting through all the different stages of grieving, but things will eventually get better. Hang in there and just try to take it one day at a time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I just wanted to give you a too for what you have been through Trieah

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 24-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89
My condolences, Alleigh...My cousin committed suicide last year after a battle with Alcoholism and it really hurts...I am wishing you and your family well through this hard time.

seeker89

a for you too seeker. sorry for your loss

Old 24-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
My stepfather committed suicide too. I started having strange vivid dreams afterwards where he would come to visit me but he looked sad and he had phantom black bags attached to his torso which seemed to weigh him down.

When he was alive he once said to me that if there is an afterlife, he would try to prove it to the living when his time came.

Later, I'd have more dreams and one in particular where he told me that "it is all true". Then, he started coming to me in happier moods and looking younger and more alive. This was before I found out about OOBEs and lucid dreams.

When I decided to visit him for the first time in an OOBE, I seemed to have surprised him in his own world where he was living out some fantasy. Later, he would cry to me and tell me that he regretted what he did. I patted him on the back and told him that everyone makes mistakes and that nobody blamed him. That seemed to cheer him up.

After that, he would surprise me in lucid dreams and once he even asked me how I could visit him. I told him about OOBEs and he seemed interested.

Anyway, as I became more experienced it just seemed to easy to visit him. It made me feel really good and it has been very beneficial for me in terms of getting over his death (whether it was really him or not). He has also told me things that checked out in real life but I can never be sure if it was coincidence or product of the subconscious reservoir.

These days I don't visit him any more but I might again...like seeing an old friend...

I don't think there is any punishment in death. Mistakes can also be beneficial. there is a lesson learned in everything. And let's face it, whether there is an afterlife or not...the deceased are still winning.

Suffering comes from living and, although there are those of us that endure this experience and get the most out of it...others cannot take it any more (or they believe that they can't).

sorry for your loss too.

Old 24-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Master
I am not crying, just trying to be there for another since i have been through similar... when your grandfather shoots himself, and when your friend jumps infront of a train... it kinda changes your outlook on suicide, karma or not... i am trying to provide comfort to someone who needs it now.. and the hugs i gave were in mutual understanding and connecting as human beings. I always have good intent. I do not believe she or i need any lectures at all, instead understanding, comfort and acceptance.
I am not understanding your lack of compassion.

Old 24-09-2011, 05:46 AM
jturk

sending some love

i wish you the best & i really wish there were something i could say to soothe the pain. much love & hope to you and your family.

(((hug)))