Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 22-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Pathfinder

Someone help me on the basics

Can someone help me get into Raiki? How do I start out?
Old 22-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Knower

Hi there!
You sound exactly the way I did when I wanted to get into Reiki. Since you want to get into it you must know what it is...right?
Well, if that's that case and you've done your research then you need to find a Reiki Master to give you attunements.
Old 30-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Topology

I'm supposedly "Reiki II" attuned. At least I paid for the class and had someone who called themselves a "Reiki Master" perform what were supposed to be attunements.

To be honest, I don't feel like the attunements did anything. I was playing with energy long before I got attuned. The real awareness came through play, experimentation and practice.

I will say that one reason for not feeling the attunements is that my awareness is very focussed and the type of energy I interact with has a specific character. I may not be well suited for Reiki specifically.

If you're wanting to roll your own and skip the game of paying for a ceremony, then buy a few good books which talk about the experience and practice. Get other modalities, such as quantum touch and meridians as well. Fill your brain and then practice, practice practice. Go through the motions, even if you don't feel anything at first. Slow your movement until you do feel something.

The energy really turns on when you're working on something or someone else. It's the giving that performs the magic. Use your intuition above all else.

Look in your local area. See if you can find any Reiki Shares or any other kind of energy share. Go and let yourself be worked on. The more you are around it, the more your system will attune itself to the vibration. The actual ceremonies are unnecessary. It's just an opportunity to sit there and let your system tune into the energy of the "master". But you can do that simply by being around the energy to get exposure.

The master-student paradigm gets perverted in the western culture. We're an egalitarian society and the energy is felt most powerfully when we're giving it as a gift. Involving large sums of money perverts the exchange, so beware of anyone trying to sell you "certification" for thousands of dollars.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:57 PM
AwakeningtoSpirit

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology

The energy really turns on when you're working on something or someone else. It's the giving that performs the magic. Use your intuition above all else.

I totally agree!
Old 15-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Knower
Topology, any books you recommend for beginners?
Old 15-09-2011, 04:41 PM
iolite

Diane Stein's Essential Reiki covers history, attunements, hand positions, symbols.
Old 15-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Knower
Thank you, iolite!
Old 27-09-2011, 05:19 PM
gem_layla16

I am about to take my reiki level one, but you can learn from books, i have a few on it, but i am also looking forward to learning from my healer :)
Old 27-09-2011, 05:49 PM
kislany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
I'm supposedly "Reiki II" attuned. At least I paid for the class and had someone who called themselves a "Reiki Master" perform what were supposed to be attunements.

To be honest, I don't feel like the attunements did anything.

Hah! That's exactly my experience as well, lvl II. At times I'm not even sure I did get an attunement from a real Reiki master. But my certificate hanging on the wall says another story. Oh well...I guess I'll never really know.

Diane Stein's book is really awesome, I learned a lot from it. I have a dozen Reiki books on my shelf but I keep coming back to this one.

There used to be a really good Reiki forum (I think was called Reiki 4 all) back in 2007 when I had my attunements, I was hanging out there a lot and soaking up as much as I could. I tried to find it now but it seems gone...haven't been there in years. It was really an awesome resource only for Reiki. Pity it's gone.
Old 27-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Medium_Laura

I found a master who trained us and did attunements. It was well worth the cost. be careful, you get what you pay for. In person attunements can be pricey, but for me they were exceptional. We even practiced and worked with the energy on each other.

A book can't teach you as well as a master, who is showing you how to feel the energy. At least that's my view. I noticed a big difference when I did mine. I also did energy work before that, but with her attunements, now my hands and feet HUM when I give Reiki. :)

PS my attunements were 175.00 for lvl 1, 250.00 level 2 and 475.00 for master.