Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 13-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
I agree stillness is the way to answers. Though easier said than done and it takes a long time to get to the stillness that makes knowledge possible.
Hi winter light, I hate to make it sound so hard.
Yes, it certainly helps to be still for longer than an hour a week. But, sometimes once open to the limitless possibility
of profound knowledge, a desire is sparked in us...
and just fanning that flame often Grace does speed us along.
I always ask - Is it hard to sit for 2 hours when you are enjoying a movie? No.
Once you love sitting and opening to God ---it's wonderful...hours at a time is something you look fwd to.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-08-2023, 06:25 PM
Guide

A great master was once asked the question by a devotee, of what is the difference master between you and me? The master replied that I AM GOD and
I know I am, and you are GOD but you do not know this, that is the difference
between you and me.

The truth we are all GOD, and we know it not.

blessings michael.
Old 15-08-2023, 03:42 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
... But, sometimes once open to the limitless possibility of profound knowledge, a desire is sparked in us...
and just fanning that flame often Grace does speed us along.
Once you love sitting and opening to God ---it's wonderful...hours at a time is something you look fwd to.
Hi Miss Hepburn, it is me who is making it sound so hard. If anything you make it sound easy. And it can be and I love your reminders of just how available the presence of God is. I guess I'm still feeling a need to acknowledge the times before I was aware of grace. And there was a long time before it became easy. Maybe your message here is telling me that it is time for me to consider whether and how I may be able to move on now.

God died to me when I was a teen with depression and I could not make sense of how bad it felt to be alive. Also I read between the lines of what I was taught and assumed since I was not a saint I would be further punished after death forever for not being good enough. I decided there could not be a God because no one could be that cruel. So instead I had nothing and was just biding my time.

I see things differently now but I know that there are many in the world who have similar patterns so do not want to dismiss those who are still dealing with it and still do not understand. So hope you understand it is not to contradict what you are saying.

The least we can do is consider that God is a responsible adult. And so he does not judge or try to control us based on trivial selfishness. But rather has enough wisdom to know and respect our process. And support our path silently until we are ready.

God listens and waits for us. That is how I think of God now. And so gradually the signs have gotten get stronger and stronger that someone is listening. What amazes me now is how I can know all of this and simultaneously still be in so much anxiety from the day to day stuff.

How I have received the face of God is indirect and more spontaneous. From whomever I have been able to connect with spiritually and whomever shows up in my path on earth, like you for instance. We are all agents of Grace for one another.

Have a great day.
Old 15-08-2023, 06:02 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I think ive stumbled across a thought, has God stopped developing?, has he reached the limit of what a living thing, a conscious thing can be?

In astronomy infinity is highly probable, if that is the case, then god surely has no limits.

That having had a beer, and relaxing, like us, he or she, it, is wondering how to reach the next mountain top.
Old 15-08-2023, 10:02 PM
Master
QUOTE 9 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Be still.
That says it all. Amen.
Old 16-08-2023, 12:22 AM
Hi winter light - I read your post 13.
I must say the mind with it's 'stinkin thinkin' ---remember Stuart Smalley from Sat Night Live - is a burden we all have.
I had to learn the tricks thoughts have and the power of the mind to lead us in the wrong direction.

What worked for me, ref to your day to day anxiety, (which includes fear, worry, fretting, doubting) was simply once and for all saying to myself.
"Either I am going to DO what Jesus and his guys have said to do or I an NOT."

So for a week that turned into 2 ...and then never stopped...I decide to do what Paul said in a letter to the Phillipians, (I do not profess I am Christian -but,
I know good teachers and advice when I read it)...
he said, point blank:
Be anxious for nothing. Jesus said Do not worry.
My mind said, " What? "

So that's what I did for a week...any thought and boy, there were TONS that floated into my mind that was worrisome...I 'caught it' and said, "NO!"
I'm not entertaining that for a second.
The following week ...I had less of those thoughts...and I felt WAY better.
So I kept going - I found that my worry (and I had plenty to worry about in 2006!) did nothing to solve anything...it just spiraled
me into a pit of depression and more worry, (esp about finances), and was a total waste of time making me SO unhappy and hard to be around.

It takes effort, my friend, and resolve to change thought patterns...it was the best thing I ever did.

Focus on what you want - forget about the past!
You want God, you want peace and wisdom...focus on those things every single day.
Period.
And what freedom - I did what Jesus advised ---I gave away my burdens...for me
I gave them to God, my Father, to take care of. I would actually say,
"Lord, You take care of this problem, I give it to you." (with a smile)
And He ALWAYS did.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-08-2023, 03:37 AM
Experiencer

Smile

Hi Miss Hepburn, thanks for sharing your experiences and advice. You are in good company. A few years ago when I connected with Anandamayi Ma she said basically the same thing but I was not ready for any regular practice. The timing feels right now to move forward.

At that time I was thinking about the tensions on this forum when I connected with her and so her response, true to the moment, was also relative to that situation. She said "Do not worry so much. You and the others will be taken care of. Learn to trust." Seems everything worked out. So I guess that was a first step. Will take a few more and see what happens. Thanks very much for your thoughts about this and have a good day.
Old 16-08-2023, 12:09 PM
Funny how I had never heard of Anandamayi Ma, now I know almost everything about her ...and
have heard or read most everything she has said...obviously I resonate with her 'way' of thought!!
My wish is that more people knew her.

Old 23-08-2023, 09:43 PM
Master
QUOTE 18 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Funny how I had never heard of Anandamayi Ma, now I know almost everything about her ...and
have heard or read most everything she has said...obviously I resonate with her 'way' of thought!!
You might recall that my teacher and Anandamayi Ma were soul sisters and spent a lot of time together.
Our ashram in Haridwar (Kunkal) is within walking distance of AnandaMayi's mausoleum, which I was able to visit when I was in Haridwar for the 1998 Kumbha Mela.
I learned about Anandamayi Ma through my teacher's direct personal experiences.

What really stuck in my mind most from Anandamayi
Ma was the words she reportedly spoke when she revealed herself: "I am the all-pervading Reality".

Old 19-04-2024, 05:24 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sea
What or who is it? How did it become to be?
What is God? Who asks the question? Who told you there was a God? How do they know? How do you know they know?
God helps those who help themselves. In which case you don't need God's help.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-04-2024 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences