Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 11-06-2015, 01:53 AM
GorillaKing

Frozen when you "wake up"?

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem with lucid dreaming.

I don't lucid dream TOO frequently, but it's usually at least once a week. When I lucid dream, I almost always "wake up" in my bed at home like I usually would, but the lights are on. To tell if I'm dreaming, I count my figures (typically, I can't see my hand, or I have more fingers). When I first started lucid dreaming (a few years ago), I'd be able to get up and move no problem.

Recently, however, I can FEEL myself moving, but my vision remains frozen on where I look when I "opened my eyes" in the dream. My way of getting around this has been to move my body anyway (I've lived in the same house a long time, I know my way around), and get to the nearest window which I then open and jump out (all by feeling my way around!). Once I'm outside, my vision resumes!

Does anyone else have a similar problem, or have any suggestions? Now that I've found a way around it it's not too annoying (I used to have to "throw" myself out of bed and shake myself up), but it would be nice to fix it completely!

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2015, 05:55 AM
Master
Are you sure you are lucid dreaming, not having an OBE? The symptoms match what happens when you project but not far enough from your physical body. Both starting in the same place and being partially paralyzed are suggestive of an OBE.

For me each dream is specific but in general I am fully functional. I never notice any change in overall functionality due to movement. As most dreams are different, I pretty much never start a lucid dream in the same place as before. There are reoccurring dreams that I recognize which triggers me to become lucid. However, its not in exactly the same spot each time.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:03 AM
Master
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaKing
I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem with lucid dreaming.

I don't lucid dream TOO frequently, but it's usually at least once a week. When I lucid dream, I almost always "wake up" in my bed at home like I usually would, but the lights are on. To tell if I'm dreaming, I count my figures (typically, I can't see my hand, or I have more fingers). When I first started lucid dreaming (a few years ago), I'd be able to get up and move no problem.

Recently, however, I can FEEL myself moving, but my vision remains frozen on where I look when I "opened my eyes" in the dream. My way of getting around this has been to move my body anyway (I've lived in the same house a long time, I know my way around), and get to the nearest window which I then open and jump out (all by feeling my way around!). Once I'm outside, my vision resumes!

Does anyone else have a similar problem, or have any suggestions? Now that I've found a way around it it's not too annoying (I used to have to "throw" myself out of bed and shake myself up), but it would be nice to fix it completely!

Thanks!

iv wok up confusd i hav did not no if it wz dreamm or it rely hapen i hav

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 11-06-2015, 07:58 PM
GorillaKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Are you sure you are lucid dreaming, not having an OBE? The symptoms match what happens when you project but not far enough from your physical body. Both starting in the same place and being partially paralyzed are suggestive of an OBE.

For me each dream is specific but in general I am fully functional. I never notice any change in overall functionality due to movement. As most dreams are different, I pretty much never start a lucid dream in the same place as before. There are reoccurring dreams that I recognize which triggers me to become lucid. However, its not in exactly the same spot each time.

I don't think it's an OBE because once I get outside of my house the dream is always different (ie. I'm able to go different places than I've gone before). It is possible it's some sort of OBE though, maybe I'll research those a bit more... Because now that you mention it I do sometimes have other lucid dreams that begin in completely different places, so maybe there is a pattern to look at!

Thanks!
Old 16-08-2015, 12:49 AM
tokenspen1

You should take a break from lucid dreaming like find something that can take your mind off dreaming deeply. Or you should seek for some professional advice.