Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 26-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Ascender

Fiction to Astral

... or maybe Astral to Fiction? Here's one of my favorite exchanges about this, from ABC's Once Upon A Time.

Jefferson: Stories. Stories? What's a story? When you were in high school, did you learn about the Civil War?
Emma: Yeah, of course.
Jefferson: How? Did you read about it, perchance, in a book? How is that any less real than any other book?
Emma: History books are based on history.
Jefferson: And storybooks are based on what, imagination? Where's that come from? It has to come from somewhere.
Emma: Here’s the thing, Jefferson. This (gestures around to the room) is it. This is the real world.
Jefferson: How arrogant are you to think that yours is the only one? There are infinite more. We have to open your mind! They touch one another, pressing up in a long line of lands, each just as real as the last.

Let's say that, for the most part, imagination comes from experience and memory of the default world. The author sees a need in the readers, or feels a need in the world, and cobbles together symbols from their own experience in order to tell a story and fulfill that need. Events are symbols, characters are symbols... and the way it all comes together to fulfill that emotional or intellectual need in the reader, is all up to the craftsmanship of the storyteller.

But sometimes, I will read something from fiction that feels real on a paranormal level. Or, I will see something on a paranormal level that too closely resembles something from fiction-- but by now I can tell that it's real as any other spirit or entity.

Have you ever had that happen to you? How do you think that works? I have a couple of guesses, myself, but I want to hear from others.
Old 26-01-2013, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator
Maybe based on thought-forms created by the imagination of the author plus that of readers...? (just posted about this on another thread)
Old 26-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Ascender

That's a good one. I have read something to the extent of, "If the Slenderman didn't exist...well, he does now..." which can be comforting, because that means when we feed our energy into a friendlier form, like Trenderman, then that meets the same given value of "real".
Old 26-01-2013, 03:44 AM
Quagmire

I once read a theory that the big bang was actually a gigantic leap in imagination. In our imagination we can go on the most marvelous adventures in this or other worlds but when do those worlds actually spawn their own consciousness and becomes independent or semi-independent from the consciousness that created it? I have also wondered how complex can you create AI before it become conscious of its own existence? it seems like there is a whole world of creation we have no complete knowledge about.

Yesterday I watched Disney's Enchanted where the Princess lives in a 2d cartoon world and ends up in this kind of physical reality. It made me think of something that happened to me this summer where I one night woke up because something was whispering in my ear. It was some kind of holograph thing that repeated a message into my ear. I was a bit confused as it kept changing images so I looked around my room to see what was going on. Out in my hallway I had a lady standing but she was like taken out of a 2d cartoon world.

I think it goes both ways. That our imagination gives birth to new worlds but most exist on an unconscious level (meaning they only materialize when we are in them on a conscious level). But that sometimes these world's consciousness grows enough consciousness to exist completely on their own. Maybe our world was created this way also once? I think that all worlds affect each other on some level, at least when they touch each other. I have actually theorized that it is quite possible to meet someone who is an incarnation of someone we think of as fictive - maybe some of those fictive worlds existed before the one we are in now and the stories are actually history from those worlds.

Also I love this here quote from the documentary The Fairy Faith: I am wondering if the realm of imagination, the realm in which fairies dwell is in fact a sort of intermediate realm. Neither completely in your head, neither completely in the world but somehow crossing over transcending to, belonging to both and yet belonging to neither.
Old 26-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Ascender

Quote:
I think that all worlds affect each other on some level, at least when they touch each other. I have actually theorized that it is quite possible to meet someone who is an incarnation of someone we think of as fictive - maybe some of those fictive worlds existed before the one we are in now and the stories are actually history from those worlds.

I never thought quite that far, although, I do believe that some fiction writers, while otherwise insensitive to other realms and energies and such, can tune into those (perhaps by accident) through their own creative process. Creativity can sometimes be an altered mind state, after all.

So, as suggested in another thread, it feels to me less that a massive fandom of Harry Potter created dementor entities on an astral plane, and more that they were already there and Rowling gave them names and weaknesses. I think G.K. Chesterton said it best: Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.

I'd never heard of that documentary! I looked it up on YouTube and am watching it now. Thanks!
Old 26-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
I never thought quite that far, although, I do believe that some fiction writers, while otherwise insensitive to other realms and energies and such, can tune into those (perhaps by accident) through their own creative process. Creativity can sometimes be an altered mind state, after all.

So, as suggested in another thread, it feels to me less that a massive fandom of Harry Potter created dementor entities on an astral plane, and more that they were already there and Rowling gave them names and weaknesses. I think G.K. Chesterton said it best: Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.

Sure I think the creative process is like when you do a reading for someone. Here you just tune into the energy of other worlds. Not so long ago I picked up the book "Lord of the Rings" and what took me by surprise was that it starts out saying that it is history. And I agree that it is possible that Dementors already existed and Rowling simply gave them a name and described what they are and gave them a place in "her" world transcending them into our world through her books. Like when a new animal/plant or so is discovered it becomes a conscious part of our world.

The beautiful thing is that anything new starts as a simple thought. Here is a simple example to grasp: Before we had the Television there were only a vision of it. That vision was thought of a possible. Because it was thought of as possible it became possible and slowly transcended from vision to physical part of our reality. Unless of course I misunderstand something vital and it just simply were there one day materialized out of thin air. On a larger scale what goes into creating a new world or a new being? How deep is that thought process. Is the true origin of any world somewhere in the middle and the distant past is simply thought of/made up - imagined? given birth to because we believe the past is there.

Some worlds might be highly sensitive to the thought process not just of its own inhabitants but also those living in other worlds thinking of that world, while dense worlds like this one is far more stable and slow in its transformation. Maybe dense worlds have a great impact on light(er) worlds simply because of the nature of our world we are more grounded. I dismissed a thought long ago from another thread on here which I now think of as possible. It was something about meeting the angels you had created ("given birth to") during a NDE. Maybe our thoughts are the fertile ground of the Cosmos that gives birth (/vibrations) to life on the most subtle of levels then resonating up through the layers taking form and substance?