Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Humm

Good question, the difference between reality and truth.

I agree there is a difference, but at the same time I see them as two sides of the same coin.

Reality is a bit tough to define, being as we are stuck inside of our own and barely able to see outside unless, as all to often happens, it literally hits us over the head - but then it struck me, could that be the commonality, the 'anchor', to what is real both within and without our consciousness?

So I look to 'reality' as being that which brings consequence. I find this very helpful. Clearly, something with no existence cannot cause consequence, but that which causes consequence must have some reality, otherwise how could it influence anything?

Truth is easy. truth is simply what Is - from which the problem immediately becomes apparent. ;)
Old 19-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Sangress

Quote:
but, can we not look at reality with no filters/perceptions? just like looking at an object or situation as is? without judgement?

I think its more than possible in certain circumstances, although it would he difficult to be sure of a lack of perception because a person would use their perceptions to assess their lack of perception afterward.

I think a good example of seeing things as they are is simply just "being" and existing without actively paying attention to any one thing, but instead being "one" with everything. I suppose nirvana, meditation and things like enlightenment or higher consciousness might be connected to this kind of "real" awareness of things...or not.

I think some people also have a kind of awareness thats very attuned to reality and their instincts, so some people are more involved with their perceptions and truth whilst others autimatically distance themselves from such things.
Old 19-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Humm

Quote:
but, can we not look at reality with no filters/perceptions? just like looking at an object or situation as is? without judgement?

I agree Sangress. The way I look at it is that the very act of perceiving necessitates a point of perception, which is the very definition of a perspective. That said, our powers of perception, especially with specialized training, can be powerfully true.
Old 20-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
How much truth does this statement hold for you? Thoughts?
It is not about the belief. I simply say, there is God, there is not a problem. But when I start to describe characteristics of God and say only I am right, this is a problem. Beliefs cannot reach to the God but belief with love can reach. If we stop believing, it means we have surrender to the truth
Old 20-09-2011, 05:08 AM
angel6m2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
It is not about the belief. I simply say, there is God, there is not a problem. But when I start to describe characteristics of God and say only I am right, this is a problem.

Well said.