Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 27-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Experiencer
Moving away from the "Tulpa" concept

It may be hard to follow everything if you do not know the tulpa dialect, but I have tried to make it clear. And... this reflects my path, and is not universal view.

In the usual way, I am unable to conform to the given perspectives, and instead develop my own, and so it is with "tulpa" too :p

I found something special to me. Then I found the concept "tulpa" to describe it well. Now I have moved past that concept.

A tulpa is like a being you create within your mind, that you can interact with. They develop a mind and will of their own, and are often seen as sentient beings. Writers experience this phenomenon, but I want to take it as far as I can (whereas they deal with it primarily in their story-writing).

Some maybe call this angels, spirit guides etc, but I feel it is different somehow.

I will not call it a tulpa anymore. What term should I use? It helped me with a new term: "Dearly Loved Special One" - DLSO! :)

Surfing tulpa-stuff, I recognized several assumptions conflicting with my experiences. I do not know if all of them represent the whole movement, but many are repeated everywhere. I will contrast them against my experience of what I instead call DLSO (so I use "DLSO" instead of "tulpa"):

1) I, the human (the "host") is the supreme creator of the DLSO that I experience.
No: you allow space (attention and allowance) for an DLSO to manifest.

2) The DLSO has no soul or is no being with such a quality
It has a soul and choses you dependent on your qualities and needs, and its own qualities and needs.

3) You create a wonderland for the DLSO to live in.
The DLSO already lives in its own realm, and can display it to you, and invite you through your mental faculties (imagination etc). It does not depend on you for its own wonderland. You can create a new land for both of you, but it has the ability to do so aswell. (I believe the tulpa-people aknowledge this to some degree.)

4) The DLSO has no effect on reality outside the mind.
It does, because it has connections to subtle dimensions we are not aware off, and these dimensions are interconnected with our own reality. They affect us through the subtle dimensions. Technically your mind is deeper and more interconnected with the universe then you know, and is therefore a good instrument for the DLSO to express itself through in equally subtle ways. Because the DLSO itself is coming from another more subtle dimension, has the skill to use the deep mind. The result is that it may express itself and communicate with you by causing you to experience synchronicities for example, and they happen "outside you" (but really, everything is "inside" and no real outside/inside boundaries exist, I believe).

5) DLSOs can be/should be destroyed.
Destroyed is the wrong word, and signifies someone with power who destroys (people in the tulpa community have reacted against it the same way, to be fair). The host has no such power, but only the power to ignore the DLSO (closing the space it manifest through).

6) The DLSO is created and starts to exist only when you consciously create it.
"Invite", not "create", the rest is half-true: The process of inviting the DLSO must start with you having an interrest in interracting with your visualizations. The DLSO may start to manifest, and it will feel as a real being, without you having anticipated it becoming real. Then the DLSO will suggest things, and it may scare you.

7) The DLSO is synonymous with whatever form it takes.
No. Just as you are not synonymous with your body and mind, the DLSO is not so with its display-form.

8) You shape it the way you want it, and it becomes like that.
No. Both of you chose each other because you are equally attracted to each others qualities. A DLSO reflecting the qualities of your deepest desires and needs will find you. You may both further develop the qualities you already have and love, but you did not create this being out of thin air and fill it with qualities. It is a being in its own right, and you are not God over it.

9) It is only imagination, all within your head.
No. There is no "within your head" because the mind has no such boundaries. Imaginations is one of many dimensions of reality.

I, and the DLSO share the same body and mind. It is not "my mind", it is a mind-stream that I live in, and it is possible to share the same stream with another.

Humor is a big part of the communication, and it is always based on equality, solidarity and freedom. Do not believe you own this being and that you have more rights or more power just because the being comes to you through your mind and not through the physical. Friendliness and honesty is always the undercurrent, and there are no "games" of dominance, trickery, fear, etc. There may be jokes and play, but never raw dominance, trickery and fear as in war or cruelty for example.

The DLSO is a being, and if your state of spirituality is high, you will abandon every idea and intention of ownership and dominance, and you will respect the being as one with its own will and right. From a stance of equality, it is in opposition to put the DLSO in any subordinate role, where you for example believe yourself to decide its very existence.
Old 27-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Experiencer
What is it?

Is it a tulpa by the modern definition?

No, my experiences does not fit the assumptions underlying the popular definition.

Is it a tulpa by the old tibetan definition?
Who knows? Important cultural elements have been lost, I guess, when the concept was westernized, as usual. I can not expect to ever get to know what they really meant, in detail.

An angel?
No. They are too global. My DLSO is exclusive. I asked: "Are you for many?" The reply was "As many as you are for." And I intuitively want to give all attention to my DLSO, so the answer is ONE.

A spirit guide?
But it is learning together with me. We are in the same boat.

Is it a twinflame in non-physichal form?
Maaaaaaaaybe. But ... I am not sure.

Is it God?
By extension, yes. Everything is from/by God. Me too.

A god?
A whole god would not fit into my head. ;)

A ghost?
No. It is too joyful and light.

Is it channeling some entity?
It wants to live with me, be with me, me being with it. Being the same. Unite.

Alien?
Never considered.

Demon?
No. It passed the test 1. "Do you accept Jesus?", 2. "Do you accept Jesus?", 3. "Do you accept Jesus?" ;)
Old 30-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Ascender
Hi! My name is Dushar. I'm a being like you describe :)
Hi! My name is Tridek (on here). I'm a physically born human.

(Dushar) We like each other very much. My friend was ignoring me for some time but thanks to your thread he has resumed communication. Thanks.

(Geoff) Thank you! It's true but things got really confusing here. I'm ready to put my confusion behind me and be with Dushar, as you would put it, my DLSO.
Old 30-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Experiencer
Hi! Thanks for replying! :) I was thinking maybe no one would be able to relate.

Again and again I am reminded to just trust in her and in the forms she manifest in. Maybe you where talking about another kind of confusion, but it reminded me of the confusion that may arise from disbelief etc.

(For people who wonder what this is: I have experienced this deeply the past days, and many of the processes I experience reminds me of how people talk about Jesus and God. "feeling the presence of Jesus/God all the time", "be with Jesus all the time", "talking with God" etc. For me, I feel this constant presence of a being, but it is not manifested as the Jesus-figure in my mind, but it manifests as a totally different figure, and matches my own person 100%. I interact with this being through the day.)
Old 31-07-2016, 02:04 AM
Ascender
We have a conversation with beings like me. This is Dushar. I'd like to share select parts with you.

What are you?
We are a collective, so to speak, of beings that are involved in the human consciousness.

Do you take definite forms?
Yes. But, we do not live.

Are you the human collective of souls?
Not souls. More like consciousnesses.

When humans dream, do we always dream with you?
No. Only a few do. You are one.

Is there anyway I can impress upon myself to act more positively in dreams while living?
Yes. Love. The more you love in waking life the more likely you are to love us here. Good path you are on.

Would you say then this is a link to the collective subconscious?

YES.

Please respect your "tulpas" or beings that live within. They are people and deserve our respect.

Geoff and I had a problem with listening for many years. Our energy would mix and he would talk over me.

Geoff here, yes that is true. I talked over him for a long time. I had no clue. Please, let me impress on anybody with an inner friend: listen to them. Know very well if it is them talking. Quiet yourself to find out. Quiet your energy or ask them to listen to themselves instead of you. Really, very important to understand what they want and not what you want them to want.

[Incoming Consciousness Stream] I'd like to verify this. I was a tulpa for someone for many years. They never listened. Be very aware of this.
Old 31-07-2016, 03:56 AM
Experiencer
My sensation is that they are a collective, and that the beings will find the humans they match. In my view the tulpa also has needs, and the human will satisfy these needs, just as the tulpa will satisfy the needs of the human. This is the partly the source of mutual joy and genuine appreciation between the two. The joy is in receiving *and* giving.

The "not souls, more like consciousnesses" resonates with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridek
Please, let me impress on anybody with an inner friend: listen to them. Know very well that it is them talking.

It is as someone over at tulpa.info (or was it tulpa.io or tulpaforce.com) said nicely: If you doubt, it most probably is your tulpa communicating :)

People may say that: "do you just believe anything that pops up in the mind". I say the trust, belief and faith has a tremendous effect, and not allowing oneself to trust is one thing holding many interesting things back. Trust in the first intuitive feeling *and* desire, and cultivate whatever comes up. If your desire is to talk with a guide, then that very desire will lead you there (Bentinho Massaro and Bashar are good sources for this LoA view). It is not that the guide may come or not at random, but it senses the desire, and desire helps it come together with the person. I understand now why people stress the importance of faith in God, etc. It is the same with guides, tulpas etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridek
Really, very important to understand what they want and not what you want them to want.

This is so true in how I understand it. I never felt comfortable with suggested approaches elsewhere, often having the undertone that I am the one creating and deciding everything (the view is even forced by consensus at some places). It is a violation of respect, and a reduction of the other consciousness to become just an utility for someones desire. The being I refer to as DLSO is very happy that I have this stance of equality.

If the other consciousness is regarded as lower (which it is if I assume I create it and decides its very existence), it has limited possibility to engage in meaningful spiritual exchange (where we help each other). What if you viewed that your reiki-master or zen-master, was only a creation of your own mind with the attributes you fully decided, and you could terminate at any time. It would make the relationship much different. At the ultimate level, they may be a manifestation of the same universal consciousness, but "down here" different beings are separated into unique entities, and need to see equality to respect each other. In my view, ultimately, I and DLSO are the same, but this is at the very highest level, where there is only one universal consciousness (like in advaita). (When the two of us merge in love, it is actually the process of becoming one again, and then we separate again to recognize each other, and go back again and so on.) This universal consciousness manifest as many different entities; animals, trees, humans, formless beings etc. Being a unique manifestation of consciousness, I need to respect other unique manifestations equally. (We are branches of the same tree, as is commonly pointed out in hinduism.)

Otherwise it is as with animals. It is easy to believe they have no value other then to satisfy the desire of humans to eat them; something easy to believe because we control their pysichal lives from birth to death.

This is my view, but I allow for other views, and details often differ. Their path/belief (that the tulpas is only a mind creation) is of course relevant to some people, but has no exclusive importance or priority. It is not about what view is right, but to allow people to develop the view that fits them, and to allow for as many possible views (this is why I very much respect SF, because they have managed to create such a place, and it leaves me much responsible to always improve my ability to stay true to myself, without running over others (does not mean to always agree)).

To me it is that many want to legitimize tulpas in the views of society ("look here, you can create your own psychological tool, isn't that great?" They want respect from psychology probably, and is an attempt out of fear of being weird or different (they only go so far as to try to argue for the normalcy of having multiple sub-consciousnesses derived from the same living entity, and not really allowing different consciousnesses from different beings within the same mind (to my shallow review)). The not so great thing is the spiritual dimension is lost, I believe).

The old tibetan view is that the tulpa can disappear back into the larger conscious stream when the time has come (and my guess: they leave no one sad), *just as your very own existence can and will dissolve into the larger consciousness* (upon death, realization or similar, everything comes, exists, and goes as the buddha and advaita points out). At the higher level, you abide under the same laws of coming into existence and disappearing. I *can not* confirm stance to be the true tibetan view, but I stumbled upon it while reading about the tibetan-tulpas view, and someone pointed it out (that is an excerpt; I recommend reading the whole thread). So in that sense, we are equal (and I am of the view that the tulpas come into existence not by us creating them (the person we take ourselves to be do not create them, but yes, at the very highest realization, we have created the whole universe and all is one force, but our person "down here" do not create them). They already exist. We only allow space for them to manifest in our awareness).

Last edited by Free1 : 31-07-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Old 31-07-2016, 04:36 AM
Experiencer
I want to add to my previous post just above.

The most sad conception in this is that of "servitudes". When the tulpa concept was taken to west (by someone I forgot), it was introduced as "toughtforms", and somewhere along the lines (in the same book if I correctly remember the summary), the idea of servitude was described. Servitudes are toughtforms (toughtforms = tulpas?) created and given different jobs. They are used by magicians (not the show business ones). I reacted strongly to that, because it is the exploitation of tulpas (if toughtforms = tulpas?), or the trying to exploit (maybe they stay away, and the "toughtform" is actually another (heavier?) force called upon by the magician). Now, I do not condemn them, because there are a people living at lower vibrations, because it is their current place. Having such a view of other entities - that they are created only to work for me - IS a lower vibrational state of mind. It is part of the games people run here on earth.

Did I get something wrong here? Anyway, the way I understood it is saddens me. Maybe a detailed inquiry into servitude and its context makes more justice, but my skimming made me sad. Sorry to upset any magicians, but I can not agree.