Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 12-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I'm really sorry sky, I thought I have. I am not trying to be rude or side step the issue. What do you think I haven't answered?

You Posted that obstructions can never be removed, and while your in a physical body you will always have obstructions etc :so I asked if you think The Buddha after his Enlightenment had obstructions....

To me it is obvious that He would NOT have any and as we all have Buddha Nature it must be possible while in physical form to remove them....

I was curious as to how you come to the conclusion that they can never be removed but never mind it's not important...
Old 12-10-2019, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You Posted that obstructions can never be removed, and while your in a physical body you will always have obstructions etc :so I asked if you think The Buddha after his Enlightenment had obstructions....

To me it is obvious that He would NOT have any and as we all have Buddha Nature it must be possible while in physical form to remove them....

I was curious as to how you come to the conclusion that they can never be removed but never mind it's not important...

Ahh, I didn’t say they could never be removed. That seems to be the confusion.

I said there are always obstructions while living but a Buddha due to his realization is not caught up and they naturally liberate or are removed.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
There are so many inaccuracies in here I don’t know where to start ...

It seems more likely that you can’t elaborate further. Instead you just like to go around telling everyone they know less than you and are wrong.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Your suggestion that practice is simply continually letting go is misleading, but par for the course. Hence my suggestion to learn from established and genuine Buddhist teachers.

Even online readings of people like Thai Forest teachers is better than this.

Please see my previous post ;)
Old 12-10-2019, 07:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Ahh, I didn’t say they could never be removed. That seems to be the confusion.

I said there are always obstructions while living but a Buddha due to his realization is not caught up and they naturally liberate or are removed.

Quote jonesboy.
' With that being said obstructions truly never end, it is an ongoing thing.'

So if they can be removed they do end.... and are not an ongoing thing. Hence I asked do you think The Buddha after his Enlightenment had obstructions. Obviously a Buddha wouldn't have any even in Physical Form....
Old 12-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Quote jonesboy.
' With that being said obstructions truly never end, it is an ongoing thing.'

So if they can be removed they do end.... and are not an ongoing thing. Hence I asked do you think The Buddha after his Enlightenment had obstructions. Obviously a Buddha wouldn't have any even in Physical Form....

I meant there are always things to clear and work on. Yes obstructions can be removed but there are always more obstructions from kalpas of incarnations.

Maybe it is just a different view. The realization means he is not caught up in an obstruction. That if one arises it is immediately liberated.

You are saying a Buddha is beyond all obstructions.

We are really saying the same thing in a way.

Yet to me there are different Buddha’s. What then makes them different when the realization is the same?
Old 12-10-2019, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
I would disagree on a couple of points.

If you are focusing on dense areas of the body you are not really meditating. Your mind is active, searching, examining and the deeper stages are far off. If you look at the Buddhist jnanas this will only lead to the first jnana.

If an upset arises and you leave it as it is you are caught up in the upset. That is not a Buddhist method.

When meditating on vedana (feelings) you will find there are dense areas and light areas, some areas of discomfort, some areas feel nice. If you came across a denser area, it's simply true 'this is a dense area'. You are aware of it 'as it is'. Same for a light area.

When an emotional storm arises, you know it's true, 'here is emotional storm'. It is probable that in the past the individual would get caught up in the emotional arising. The old sankara arises to conscoious awareness and they react with aversion toward it, but after understanding meditation it can arise just as before, but this time there is no aversion toward it, so no resistance, avoidance, nor other volition. In this way, that old sankara is free to pass in its own time, and no new sankara is generated. Hence, 'the purification of beings'.
Old 13-10-2019, 03:33 AM
janielee

Quote:
I meant there are always things to clear and work on. Yes obstructions can be removed but there are always more obstructions from kalpas of incarnations.

Maybe it is just a different view. The realization means he is not caught up in an obstruction. That if one arises it is immediately liberated.

Yet to me there are different Buddha’s. What then makes them different when the realization is the same?

Many inaccuracies and misleading statements herein. In brief, there aren’t “different types of Buddha’s” that experience Buddhahood differently, and what you describe above is not even stream entry, let alone “Budhhahood”.

It’s like a cow claiming they’re a flying fox.

Jl
Old 13-10-2019, 03:36 AM
janielee

Quote:
It seems more likely that you can’t elaborate further. Instead you just like to go around telling everyone they know less than you and are wrong.

Not so. But your statements are riddled with hubris and misrepresentation. Sorry if it’s offensive to you but yes, people should learn from Buddhist teachers*, as opposed to self declared internet bums.

Try Ajahn Chah, Dalai Lama, Huang Po, Rinzai, Hsu Yun, Sumedho, Dune Atulo, Longchenpa, Milarepa, many others...
Old 13-10-2019, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:

' Yet to me there are different Buddha’s. What then makes them different when the realization is the same? '

Are you referring to,
Pacceka Buddhas,
Samma Sambuddhas, Universal Buddhas.?