Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Master
Empath??

Is there a section on the forum for Empaths? I want to ask a question but I don't see a section Empathy. I don't even know where to post the question.
Old 26-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Heaven.

I don't think we have that specific subject however, being empathetic is commonly discussed in almost every topic. I moved it over to spiritual development. What's your question, maybe someone can offer advice?
Old 27-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Master
Thank you Clover for answering my question! :) Is a silly question, it has not much importance to it. I been signing in and out of Facebook and I was out for a while cause when I'm in touch with people I know I receive their energy more frequent and is annoying me plus it can be draining. I have taken some people out of my list, specially the ones that send me negative energy but still I wonder how empath people deal with the receiving energy from other people and being able to have a social life online without being affected by it?
Old 27-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Deactivated Account

It's not a silly question at all!

I think nothing get's more to the psych than our focus on something. So if you can find a way to ignore them that is good, and honestly the best thing you did was remove them from your list, that was a very good thing you did.

I do know how you feel, as a moderator I can absorb all sorts of energies too, sometimes I do have to disconnect myself and remove myself from the computer. I think the best thing you can do is ground yourself or meditate.Grounding being the big one. Maybe pick up an affirmation about "release or letting go" while doing it. I would say this is probably the most effective method. If you have pinterest you can find all sorts of cool stuff on these topics..

Everyone has different beliefs, If you believe in the white light bubble technique you can white bubble your computer or even sage your computer from energies. I know it sounds silly but I have read pretty intelligent people do it to their computers and they said it works for them. I'd google on that..

I think that is all I got for now. Anyone else would like to chime in?
Old 27-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Guide

I am somewhat of an empath, and I learned how to pay attention to how I feel. Whenever I start feeling uncomfortable I take a break ... Whenever I feel something starts to be "too much" I do something completely different that grounds me and distracts me. I also kinda turn off that empathy when needed so I take care of myself first.
Old 28-02-2016, 04:24 AM
Experiencer
Please share how you have found a way to turn it "off". I know how to close my chakras except for the one that should stay open. But, sometimes, for those that I care about the most.....it's hard to close it off. I don't understand how an empath can totally turn it off. Now, I have heard those that have the trait/gift of empathy but, use it to only help themselves. I know I have never been able to fully turn mine off. HOW do you do that?
Old 28-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Master
I was going to say, please tell us how you do it Mused! I didn't know you could turn it off. That be sweet!!!

Thanks Clover for your awesome advice! What I been doing is not posting so much but the one that has work the best is when I deactivate the account, and I'm completely disconnected from everyone. Then I don't receive anything. I will definitely look into grounding myself.
Old 28-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Guide

For me personally I set up limits. I learned how to be aware all the time of what I'm feeling, I found this to be super important. So in the moment when something starts to make me feel uncomfortable I notice that and my emotional state, before things get out of hand. And it's basically a conscious decision of "I can't deal with it right now" and I kinda, step out of that zone by paying attention to myself rather than the other person/ event. Like I choose to put myself first kind of thing. Don't know how to explain it better lol
Old 28-02-2016, 03:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mused
For me personally I set up limits. I learned how to be aware all the time of what I'm feeling, I found this to be super important. So in the moment when something starts to make me feel uncomfortable I notice that and my emotional state, before things get out of hand. And it's basically a conscious decision of "I can't deal with it right now" and I kinda, step out of that zone by paying attention to myself rather than the other person/ event. Like I choose to put myself first kind of thing. Don't know how to explain it better lol

I understand what you're saying. But, doesn't that fall in with avoidance of self? If you don't deal with it right then...when will you deal with it? That is my question. I'm totally serious here. I appreciate what you're saying but, I guess different things work for different people.
Old 28-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Guide

I choose not to deal with the other's emotions, the "received" ones I mean. If they are not mine and I feel it's too much for me, I can choose to reject it and shield by shifting the awareness back to myself. If anything, I pay attention more to myself so no avoidance at all there for me. Ofc I'm sure other people have other methods (: