Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 04-11-2015, 06:58 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
In which case that's exactly what you need to be doing! There's a difference between theory and experience. If you find yourself intimately drawn to something then you need to be moving in that direction. There are likely people that you need to meet among those settings, and aspects within yourself that need expressing. It would seem that you've just answered your own question. :)

Namastey,

Ohh Yeah right. So many things happen in this mind and finally is creates a fuss and you land up into the situation where you feel the right thing also wrong. Thanks everyone for expressing your thoughts. Even If anyone still has suggestions you are welcome and hope that leads to something new.

~Hari Om
Old 04-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Knower
Namastey,

Ohh Yeah right. So many things happen in this mind and finally is creates a fuss and you land up into the situation where you feel the right thing also wrong. Thanks everyone for expressing your thoughts. Even If anyone still has suggestions you are welcome and hope that leads to something new.

~Hari Om
Old 04-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Om
Namastey,

Spirituality is search for sacred. Some chant mantras, Some buy spiritual products and some of themdo online Puja. But the connection of every different mode of worship is Divine God. Even I have seen some people fill themselves with Spiritual malas, Gemstone rings and Rudraksha's. Does all these things work?
Can listening to spiritual music, bhajans and wearing spiritual Japa malas help us to connect to divine?

~Hari Om

Hi Hari Om, sounds like there's already alot of great advise here from other people but I just wanted to add what I've discovered as well. Like you sense I was very young things just happened in my life often spiritual in nature. I lived in a walking state of Om or AUM for six months and before obtaining it I had never heard of anything like it. Nothing is required, is the answer to your question, I think spiritual experiences have to do with who we are. What I have found though, over the years I have become better at sensing things-feeling things that would have gone unnoticed to me earlier in life. I have found that many things that impact how we feel: people, geographic locations, different buildings, the color of your clothing, crystols, natral areas vs man or machine altered areas. These things can have an impact but they do not decide if or when we have spiritual experiences.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 05-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Knower
Old 01-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Suspended
Knower

Spirituality is something that is difficult to define. It's the kind of thing that you feel and understand on a deeper level.
Firstly Spirituality is closely connected to organized religion but now it becomes less about religion and more about personal development and connected to others and finding peace.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Master
A friend of mine used to carry his mala beads (rudraksha) in his pocket at all times. He told me he did it to remind him of his own divinity. He didn`t say it in an arrogant way, he just meant he wanted to remember during the melee of the day that his true nature is one with god. These types of connections are very important, it helps us keep our minds on track. Each time we connect to the divine, through practice or action or just talking, we shrink the gap between our current state and our true state
Old 12-12-2016, 11:08 PM
TheMickMack

Even tho it is stated in the handbook of life, we all die and take nothing with us, so it might be imperative to have nothing pending on an item such as gem rings or however so alike, seen that naked we were born and naked we will die in overall terms of life..

But while we are alive and use such spiritual based items.. one photo can bring back memories of past times, or a scent of a flower, or an angle of an object view color contrast excitement.. etc... all can and do remind us with regards to there descriptive terms like a deja vue would like to do if so found in a person to be found.

So i say use them but do not become overcome ie obsessed with such things, cultivate yourselve rather then be plastic in matters of payment, pay also with cash for your credit can run out and u then will have to pay with what i hope you to have cash with you, else no fare to the aftertimes some call life

Thanks you...

44cents
Old 17-12-2016, 04:17 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Om
Namastey,

Spirituality is search for sacred. Some chant mantras, Some buy spiritual products and some of themdo online Puja. But the connection of every different mode of worship is Divine God. Even I have seen some people fill themselves with Spiritual malas, Gemstone rings and Rudraksha's. Does all these things work?
Can listening to spiritual music, bhajans and wearing spiritual Japa malas help us to connect to divine?

~Hari Om

It depends on the person ...
I carry different types of spiritual/symbolic charms at all times in a pocket or on a keychain ...
Touching them helps my mood & faith ...
Some I use when I'm praying which a good deal of the time ...
A few are for strength - I never know when I'll be tested ...
As reminders of my beliefs b/c I'm always busy w/other stuff ...
I have a few that are just soothing, very calming or make me smile ...
One in particular I carried for 8yrs when I was grieving, an icon of Edvard Munch's "The Scream". I always felt like screaming but since it's unacceptable in public I just grabbed hold of it till the feeling passed ...
For me, they're all magical in keeping me connected ...
Old 17-12-2016, 05:11 AM
Master
They don't really help in connecting to the Divine, they help to remind us that we are already connected - just in case we tend to go off and forget.

It is the reason why married couples seal their covenant with a ring or necklace and why some people carry around a picture of their beloved in their wallet or get a tattoo. It's all about the sanctification of the body to be a temple of the Divine.

I have a rudraksha bracelet that I never take off. It has 12 beads on it (Paancha Mukhi) and I do two rounds of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra on it per day and when I get worried or upset, I touch it to remind myself of Shiva - sometimes works...sometimes does not. lol

Added to this, I have a small tiger eye shiva lingam about the size of a large, tor marble that I carry around with me in my pocket - I'd like to get a natural one from the Narmada River, but why? the significant aspect would be exactly the same - a Lingam is a Lingam after all. lol

I would like to get an astrological necklace though - prayers to Shaniwar (Saturn) sealed with wax inside a silver amulet. I had one of these and lost it. I need another one...it helped the connection, like an aerial...

Anyway, I have another copper bangle with "Aum Namah Shivaya" engraved and a gold "Om" pendant and even natural things like shells, opals, peacock feathers, crystals, dream catchers...anything that is naturally beautiful and fascinating. I find that fossils are like God's little presents to me and I have a nice little collection of them now.

Yeah, all these things are like 'switches' that turn us on to remembering God and our relationship to Him.