Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonR
No idea on the first part, but as to the last sentence, the Earth will be absolutely fine.
Humans, on the other hand, are sensitive; just like all life on this planet that has ever been.

Which brings up another point; is it our place to alter the atmosphere?
We have already established that our knowledge of the atmosphere is painfully inept due to our limited scope of experience with its timeline.

What if the dinosaurs froze the atmosphere in the upper Cretaceous age so they wouldn't die out?
(And somehow also could prevent the giant meteor from hitting Central America and wiping out the remainders from the Paleocene epoch)

Humans (as we are today), in this environment, would not survive.
The CO2 levels were, radically different.
Today's CO2 levels are around 390ppmv (that means for every million molecules in the atmosphere, 390 of them are CO2).

During parts of the Paleocene era, CO2 rates were around 4,500ppmv.
That's around 11 times higher than current levels.

Yet, in this environment, life flourished; not human life, but massively large animal life (most of the dinosaurs were already fading out, but many giant reptiles and mammals were thriving: for instance, the Crocodylomorpha [familial line, ancestor to the crocodile (as well as others)] was around).

Now obviously, the Earth did not stay this way.
It changed over time and we're now at far less CO2 levels than this.

But who's to say that it shouldn't change?
Who on the planet now has the historical, environmental, chemical, and biological experience that spans long enough to fully grasp the trajectory of the Earth's CO2 rates?

Not one person.
We only know the boundaries for the current human model.

Trying to freeze CO2 levels, to me, is akin to trying to freeze the tectonic plates just because the land has looked this way for as long as we have known it.
However, again, it has radically changed over time and will inevitably continue to do so.

At some point, humans will need to come to terms with the limitations and finite position of the species in respect to its place in time on the lifespan of Earth.

Most of the human familial population has already died (and they were mostly not linear relatives, but lateral to our current form; meaning, completely other types of humans).
Our current species form is all that remains.

We've had a very short (considering other species' timeline), but good, run so far (~200,000 years).

So even if some planetary arrangement is altering the CO2 levels of Earth's atmosphere...why should we stop it?
How can we assure that this is the right course of action which does not stop an evolutionary future that is more bountiful than the current H. Sapiens Sapiens environment?

well I will keep hope alive..lol.. when I get a chance I will see if I can get an answer spiritually and if I do I will share it.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
Is spirituality all about one's self? Just developing you? or is it about others and in the process of helping to develop others you are developed?

Higher Self.. getting information from the Higher Self.. Isnt the whole reason for living is so that you can learn life's lessons given to you? So then why arent we getting information from the true source?

For those who demonstrate gifts, are they your gifts or Gods?

Just a couple of questions I had..

All The Glory Belongs to God Forever!

Spirituality is the language of spirits. In it we perceive, distinguish, and discern the movement of 3 spirits. Evil spirits (demons), our own spirit or soul and Divine spirit (sometimes guardian angel sometimes God).

The evil spirits we fight with sacraments, sacramentals, prayer and penance. Our own spirit we fight by mortifying concupiscence and our own self will. In this way the love of God predominates and as a reward for the spiritual athlete (ascetic) God reward the creature with His 7 gifts and His presence.

The Higher self is God; it is His presence in us. In this way the information we are getting comes from the higher source, His 7 gifts. So the fruits of the Holy Spirit are 12 in number. Yet the 7 Gifts are God's and 12 fruits are God's and creature's that has good will. If you see a person who has:

1. Charity - Cause us to perform our actions out of love for God
2. Joy - Keeps us happily aware of God's infinite goodness
3. Peace - Results from joy and renders us tranquil
4. Patience - Resigns us to endure the disagreeable circumstance of life and the
suffering of deaths
5. Goodness - Inclines us to wish to do good to everyone without distinction
6. Benignity - Results from goodness; it is goodness in words and actions
7. Long Suffering - Preserves patience over a long period of time, even though no
encouragement is to be seen
8. Mildness - Restrain our angers
9. Faith - Makes one faithful and upright in dealing with others
10. Modesty - Produces moderation in external actions
11. Continence - Represses the passion
12. Chastity - Helps one guard his/her senses so that they will not cause him/her to sin;
it helps one regard his/her own body and those of others as temple of the Holy Spirit

You can say God is present here.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic Spammos
Spirituality is the language of spirits. In it we perceive, distinguish, and discern the movement of 3 spirits. Evil spirits (demons), our own spirit or soul and Divine spirit (sometimes guardian angel sometimes God).

The evil spirits we fight with sacraments, sacramentals, prayer and penance. Our own spirit we fight by mortifying concupiscence and our own self will. In this way the love of God predominates and as a reward for the spiritual athlete (ascetic) God reward the creature with His 7 gifts and His presence.

The Higher self is God; it is His presence in us. In this way the information we are getting comes from the higher source, His 7 gifts. So the fruits of the Holy Spirit are 12 in number. Yet the 7 Gifts are God's and 12 fruits are God's and creature's that has good will. If you see a person who has:

1. Charity - Cause us to perform our actions out of love for God
2. Joy - Keeps us happily aware of God's infinite goodness
3. Peace - Results from joy and renders us tranquil
4. Patience - Resigns us to endure the disagreeable circumstance of life and the
suffering of deaths
5. Goodness - Inclines us to wish to do good to everyone without distinction
6. Benignity - Results from goodness; it is goodness in words and actions
7. Long Suffering - Preserves patience over a long period of time, even though no
encouragement is to be seen
8. Mildness - Restrain our angers
9. Faith - Makes one faithful and upright in dealing with others
10. Modesty - Produces moderation in external actions
11. Continence - Represses the passion
12. Chastity - Helps one guard his/her senses so that they will not cause him/her to sin;
it helps one regard his/her own body and those of others as temple of the Holy Spirit

You can say God is present here.

Thank you for sharing that information I think it was beautiful. When I think of the spiritual gifts I think of seeing and hearing spiritually, travelling in spirit, discernment etc.. because those gifts are given not for us to play with but, to make a difference on earth with..so I think thats so powerful but, I agree with you those gifts can not flow unless you have the twelve above in you.. I can see how that is necessary in order to be used. Thank you again.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!