Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 09-11-2017, 03:49 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Haha. That kind of thing has happened to me too.
A non-dual magical moment with a four legged.

It's funny coming onto forums like this and hearing people have names for it.

Back then, and even now (trying not to get corrupted haha) I try not to label it - things are so much better that way methinks
Old 09-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Master
Looking into the eyes of another, yet seeing yourself (your own awareness) reflected i.e. looking back at yourself in the form of another person, animal even, that is a moment of intimacy when you know exactly what the other is thinking, intending, seeing …

Well, back then they would probably call it: “remembering the time when humans and animals understood each other because they all spoke the same language”.
But that sounds like mental aberrations of some feeble minded natives lost in their own fairy-tales, until you actually have one of those magical nondual/oneness moments with an animal, and then you realize that back then they were right, and they still are.

Also how in that magical moment the Animal was your Guru with the teaching.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Looking into the eyes of another, yet seeing yourself (your own awareness) reflected i.e. looking back at yourself in the form of another person, animal even, that is a moment of intimacy when you know exactly what the other is thinking, intending, seeing …

Well, back then they would probably call it: “remembering the time when humans and animals understood each other because they all spoke the same language”.
But that sounds like mental aberrations of some feeble minded natives lost in their own fairy-tales, until you actually have one of those magical nondual/oneness moments with an animal, and then you realize that back then they were right, and they still are.

Also how in that magical moment the Animal was your Guru with the teaching.

This was a knowing - knowing that the eyes with which s/he looked at me, were the same eyes that I looked at him/her

I don't doubt the magical - I have witnessed much of it in my life and respect the work of the Ancients and those in commune with nature.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:02 AM
Deactivated Account
There is only One, call that non-duality or whatever.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:33 PM
Master
The word “nature” can also just be a word, a concept for a city dweller.
Until you are in nature.
Then you find that your mind stops racing i.e. your brainwaves start to slow down as your thought processes calm down and then at a standstill you start to listen to that silence in nature with your inner silence and stillness as a “sounding board” (maybe one could say).
With reverence and respect you surrender to that inner listening.

Some city dwellers fear that surrender (to lower brainwaves and nature silence) and start to fight against it within and thus becoming claustrophobic feel like the forest is ominously closing in on them.
They don’t trust nature nor the process – there is a fear barrier there because they are not used to it.

Then there are places in nature that can shift you even deeper into realizing totality as oneness as interconnectedness.
Those places in nature are “Gurus” also as they help your awareness to align.
No words, no concepts, no “corruption”.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:06 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Nice. ....
Old 11-11-2017, 04:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
It's also very possible - and evidently, eminently obvious through this post - that some people, in their personal fear of teachers/Gurus, or perhaps preference to be un-validated and self soothing in their own misconception that they "have arrived" (perhaps even preaching from this belief) - that they waste no opportunity to try to scare others from the very real reality of highly Awakened/Enlightened Masters.

In other words, sure some people are fake, but the benefits and advantages - if one is fortunate enough to meet a real teacher - can be invaluable. Although, I've also heard it said, it takes one to know one. Without or with a teacher, spiritual work needs to continue, I guess.

BT

Whenever one has provoked themselves into focussing on the person rather than the issues, its a sure sign that a delicate belief has been threatened.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:51 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Whenever one has provoked themselves into focussing on the person rather than the issues, its a sure sign that a delicate belief has been threatened.

You know you have just committed the same 'sin' right, thus implying you have said issue? Don't worry, this is a forum and comments should rightfully be explored, especially when someone might actually believe what someone [else] is saying. Take care.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
You know you have just committed the same 'sin' right, thus implying you have said issue? Don't worry, this is a forum and comments should rightfully be explored, especially when someone might actually believe what someone [else] is saying. Take care.

Still no attempt by you to focus on the issues. Your insistance to focus on the person has nothing to do with this space as a discussion forum, far from it, but rather the sad usual response of a belief held insecurely requiring the well known tactic you are trying. The best resonse to such is to end the exchange if we dont want this space to turn into a place where people attack each other personally so until you want to discuss the issues raised by this thread we are done.Goodbye and good luck.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:50 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Post 41 is a post responding to the points in your original content; it seem that you don't like challenges to what you say, nor like to have your lone "Guru" pulpit challenged. (something about insecurity and beliefs). The fact is you do not know who is enlightened, but claiming that others can't, or that teachers/Gurus are not real (nor need to be followed) is disingenuous at best, and deceptive at worst. Also continuing to proclaim there is no path in non-duality isn't helpful, and as I said somewhere else, such a mind incessantly will be unable to stand up to challenges. Krishnamurti may have been speaking from a place of Truth, but not everyone who imitates such speech is coming from the same place {of Truth}/

I'd be interested in your thoughts:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...70#post1661970

Thank you.