Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-04-2021, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
I googled what they have in common and this came up: Hinduism and Buddhism both accepted the law of Karma, Dharma, and Moksha and believed in a cycle of rebirth. Hinduism and Buddhism both believe in the existence of several hells and heavens or higher and lower worlds.

Seems like Buddha kept a lot of his Hindu cultural beliefs when he put his own spin on things.

It depends on what you call ' Hinduism '....
Old 08-04-2021, 08:36 AM
Master
we seem to have drifted away from the topic ‘energy’ (in / as in Buddhism or any ism)
Old 08-04-2021, 03:45 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
we seem to have drifted away from the topic ‘energy’ (in / as in Buddhism or any ism)

energy is very important on many levels on the spiritual path. for example, some people are full of negative energy. and it's best to stay away from such energies and people. really that's a main point of spirituality, to no longer associate with the negative energies of our body and of others. the negative energies in our own mind and the negative minds of others.

some may carry the idea a "spiritual person" can and should be around anybody and anything as they imagine a spiritual person as some kind of "super hero" who lets nothing affect them, but this is a myth and a delusional idea. our being is conscious awareness and we experience what we perceive. what we associate with and this includes energies of all kinds potentially. higher energies and lower ones. it's up to us to discern and choose which are a part of our life, thus our experience and perception.

a perfect example of the delusional idea that "spiritual persons" are affected by nothing is wars. because of the love, empathy, and compassion in spiritual persons, wars are devastating for them, they feel the pain and suffering of others.
Old 09-04-2021, 11:33 AM
Master
How about the non-conceptual, perhaps non-scriptural, direct, actual physicality of the entire spinal column pulsating with searing electric current of an unquantifiable high amplitude, with acceptant presence choosing not to resist the sheer awesome power, in time stretched stillness?
Old 09-04-2021, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
How about the non-conceptual, perhaps non-scriptural, direct, actual physicality of the entire spinal column pulsating with searing electric current of an unquantifiable high amplitude, with acceptant presence choosing not to resist the sheer awesome power, in time stretched stillness?

Congrats,

What practices are you doing when that happens and what do you do when that happens?

How are you dealing with it? Any issues from it outside of practice.. i.e. emotional upsets, quick to be upset or overreact?
Old 10-04-2021, 04:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Congrats,

What practices are you doing when that happens and what do you do when that happens?

How are you dealing with it? Any issues from it outside of practice.. i.e. emotional upsets, quick to be upset or overreact?

There is nothing to deal with nor any practice to follow! With an orientation of mindfulness, our emptiness vibrant with pulsating bliss in renewal as an ever present current pervading form (following energy rise, polarity balance, descent to heart, union and ignition magnetising the Sushumna), our vaporised acceptant presence is simply present, cognisant, luminescent, with all fortuitous happenings automatically enabled at the optimal time, without any seeking ... there is no one here, save a conduit of the energy.

There is, of course much more!

As for emotional upsets or reactions you speak of, sure, when we are in stupor, our reflex instinct, our lower mind recalls our past feral nature to the forefront. Perhaps the measure of our awareness, as at this time, is to be divine prioritised, enabling a quicker recovery back to our innate blissful, tranquil state, until the oscillations lessen, the external twists and turns impact us less than they did before. An ongoing process of softening attention and stretching awareness in voidness whilst still functional for performing day to day activities.

Perhaps Legrand can interject with his inputs here as you too can, jonesboy!

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 10-04-2021 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Energy and Awareness are one and the same thing. Hence nonduality :)

Now I am not a Buddhist but the Tara meditation to me is creating a connection to the Divine. Buddhist don't believe that :)

Congrats on feeling energy with the practice, a very good sign.

Those who follow Tara, the connection seems to be with Tara.

..... and then there are the various Taras. I prefer the Green Tara.

As for energy....... playing singing bowls says a lot about the subject and then you can hold something like a Crystal Dorge and feel a completely different energy.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 12-04-2021, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
There is nothing to deal with nor any practice to follow! With an orientation of mindfulness, our emptiness vibrant with pulsating bliss in renewal as an ever present current pervading form (following energy rise, polarity balance, descent to heart, union and ignition magnetising the Sushumna), our vaporised acceptant presence is simply present, cognisant, luminescent, with all fortuitous happenings automatically enabled at the optimal time, without any seeking ... there is no one here, save a conduit of the energy.

There is, of course much more!

As for emotional upsets or reactions you speak of, sure, when we are in stupor, our reflex instinct, our lower mind recalls our past feral nature to the forefront. Perhaps the measure of our awareness, as at this time, is to be divine prioritised, enabling a quicker recovery back to our innate blissful, tranquil state, until the oscillations lessen, the external twists and turns impact us less than they did before. An ongoing process of softening attention and stretching awareness in voidness whilst still functional for performing day to day activities.

Perhaps Legrand can interject with his inputs here as you too can, jonesboy!

What I meant..

The energy in the spine or at the base is normal, happens when most people wake up to energy.

Why is the tantra/energy path considered the fastest means? It's because that energy can be used to clear away obstructions. Now not all obstructions are easy to remove, if they were everyone would be enlightened right :) ?

So, that energy can hit on obstructions, ones that we are holding on to consciously or subconsciously. If we are too much on the energy side of things that energy hitting on issues can cause us mental upsets.

Now Buddhism is different in it's approach to energy work. Hinduism starts right away and you can have more issues where Buddhism really focuses on silence first and then energy, which is why they have less issues.

Now that you are feeling it within you, see if you notice it around you, coming from others, how does it make you feel? Nothing, bad/negative energy feeling or maybe even sexual..

Of course you and the energy are not separate things but with anything it is a process.

Now for those who think they have arrived a simple test.

If you can't by your being alone bring others to greater levels of silence... keep going..
Old 12-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
What I meant..

The energy in the spine or at the base is normal, happens when most people wake up to energy.

Why is the tantra/energy path considered the fastest means? It's because that energy can be used to clear away obstructions. Now not all obstructions are easy to remove, if they were everyone would be enlightened right :) ?

So, that energy can hit on obstructions, ones that we are holding on to consciously or subconsciously. If we are too much on the energy side of things that energy hitting on issues can cause us mental upsets.

Now Buddhism is different in it's approach to energy work. Hinduism starts right away and you can have more issues where Buddhism really focuses on silence first and then energy, which is why they have less issues.

Now that you are feeling it within you, see if you notice it around you, coming from others, how does it make you feel? Nothing, bad/negative energy feeling or maybe even sexual..

Of course you and the energy are not separate things but with anything it is a process.

Now for those who think they have arrived a simple test.

If you can't by your being alone bring others to greater levels of silence... keep going..

Oh! Nothing esoteric like what you say. Personally, I do not follow Hindu, Christian or Buddhist practices or any practice at all, for that matter, even though I was born in a Hindu home, brought up in a Christian school and initially enamoured by Buddhist concepts.

The shifts are within. The external environment, energies of others is irrelevant. If anything, I accept all on an as is where is basis, simply knowing that each acts as of present consciousness coordinate.

It’s not that I haven’t read a bit here and there on Tantra and Buddhism mostly but that’s for quietening the mind, which questions. The energy movements have progressed rapidly and benignly. The current spinal cord experience at body rear has occurred long after the other processes including void, oneness, expansion, ascent, descent, polarity balance, divine union and permanent bliss current, as also palm and feet chakra activation besides several other nodes has been accomplished. It kind of completes the back end of an energy loop vertically dividing form, possibly leading to the Ardhnarishwar completion.

The practice, if you can call it a practice is vaporising lower mind, resting in thought rested stillness, as an ever present orientation. Then there is no doership, since all doership is egoic, there is no thought, as in fragmented thought, since fears, desires and attachments have receded. So what remains? Emptiness, poised in unexpectant quietude, neither resisting nor seeking.

So based upon what you say, it would appear that I have inadvertently adopted a Buddhist stance, whilst tapping into the energy path, as a receptor.

Having said this, the intermediate steps, no matter how wondrous, should not take us away from the singular focus of God realisation. I have been graced here as well, as also in multitude of other subtle enablements, experiences etc. The journey continues!

I do find it strange that many on SF tend to hold back on the manner of their awakening. Truth is, even if we share the words, the knowing is ours alone, in each case, an open secret. :)

Edit: I’ll be happy to go into each nuance of the energy or kundalini as Shakti is called, if you wish to compare notes, for benefit of all concerned, aided by NoOne, Big John, Legrand, yourself and many others on this forum. Where’s Shivani Devi?
Old 12-04-2021, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:

Oh! Nothing esoteric like what you say. Personally, I do not follow Hindu, Christian or Buddhist practices or any practice a5 all, for that matter, even though I was born in a Hindu home, brought up in a Christian school and initially enamoured by Buddhist concepts.

The shifts are within. The external environment, energies of others is irrelevant. If anything, I accept all on an as is where is basis, simply knowing that each acts as of present consciousness coordinate.

It’s not that I haven’t read a bit here and there on Tantra and Buddhism mostly but that’s for quietening the mind, which questions. The energy movements have progressed rapidly and benignly. The current spinal cord experience at body rear has occurred long after the other processes including void, oneness, expansion, ascent, descent, polarity balance, divine union and permanent bliss current, as also palm and feet chakra activation besides several other nodes has been accomplished.

The practice, if you can call it a practice is vaporising lower mind, resting in thought rested stillness, as an ever present orientation. Then there is no doership, since all doership is egoic, there is no thought, as in fragmented thought, since fears, desires and attachments have receded. So what remains? Emptiness, poised in unexpectant quietude, neither resisting nor seeking.

So based upon what you say, it would appear that I have inadvertently adopted a Buddhist stance, whilst tapping into the energy path, as a receptor.

Having said this, the intermediate steps, no matter how wondrous, should not take us away from the singular focus of God realisation. I have been graced here as well, as also in multitude of other subtle enablements, experiences etc. The journey continues!

I do find it strange that many on SF tend to hold back on the manner of their awakening. Truth is, even if we share the words, the knowing is ours alone, in each case, an open secret. :)

Quote, [ I was born in a Hindu home, brought up in a Christian school and initially enamoured by Buddhist concepts. ]

Lucky you