Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 05-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I wasnt going to post here again as its become a bit of a Quagmire of thoughts/beliefs/emotions with some dark stuff floating around too but my name was mentioned so I will reply even though I know it wont change much here.....This is a place to offload "stuff"and nothing wrong with that ,just I dont have much to offload but here's a bit of "stuff"so while I'm here

Are Buddhists ultimately aiming for something other than bliss or silence?

Yes. I think they are but you cant compare me to a a Buddhist as I am not aiming for anything.I am not searching for an enlightened state or secret knowledge.....I am feeling and living the true love and peace of my being which was brought to my awareness by a Buddhist monk, a Kundalini rising and emotional shamanic exercises.

I am not trying to achieve anything.I dont need anymore than the beauty that I feel within me.
There is also a big difference between compassion and love.
Love is so much more powerful and important for the world we live in so one thing I would say to any enlightened Buddhist (or wannabe)is "Less Compassion! and more LOVE Please!
Its so important but just like Kundalini,Love is hidden away and replaced with something that is controllable.
You cant control love and cant you control Kundalini
You can control compassion and your thoughts.

So is Buddhism about control?....If it is,then its not pure freedom

I admit I may be wrong about Buddhists and Love so please someone enlighten me about Buddhist love(not compassion)

Buddha taught that there are four aspects of love, you might like to read up on it to understand more.

1 Maitri.
2 Karuna.
3 Mudita.
4 Upeksha.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Buddha taught that there are four aspects of love, you might like to read up on it to understand more.

1 Maitri.
2 Karuna.
3 Mudita.
4 Upeksha.

Thank You.I look forward to reading and hope its not too much in the mind
Old 05-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
Thank You.I look forward to reading and hope its not too much in the mind

No it's not to much.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Ascender

I'm not going to comment on the teachings of love but I am going to use this opportunity to post it for all to read again and again and practice and live the teachings especially here in spiritual forums

14.1.1 Loving-Kindness (Maitri)

Kindness, compassion, and equality represent the fundamental concepts in Buddhism. As all sentient beings possess the Buddha nature, therefore, their existence is virtually under the same causal condition - The Twelve Links of Dependent Origination.

Bodhisattvas treat all the sentient beings as their children, by taking care of them, giving them happiness and comfort, and teaching them the ways to attain wisdom and blessings. Bodhisattvas have immeasurable mind of loving-kindness.

14.1.2 Compassion (Karuna)

Similarly, the substance of all sentient beings is the same, therefore Bodhisattvas regard the sufferings of sentient beings as their own. Their mercy extends to all the beings in the Dharma realms without discrimination. Due to the ignorance, the sentient beings act in distorted manner, so that they keep on creating the causes of suffering, and thus living in fear, in depression and in anxiety. Bodhisattvas take every chance to give them the advices and show them the right paths to ultimate liberation. Their mind of compassion is again immeasurable and boundless.

14.1.3 Joy (Mudita)

Bodhisattvas are delighted when they know that the sentient beings are in peace and happiness. They are more delighted when the sentient beings cease to perform evil deeds and cultivate wholesome Karma to enrich their wisdom and blessings.

Bodhisattvas are not jealous of the sentient beings' achievement. They regard the achievement of the sentient beings being the same or even better than that of their own. Bodhisattvas have the immeasurable mind of joy.

14.1.4 Renunciation (Upeksa)

The mind of Bodhisattvas does not attach to any specific being and matter. Understanding the principle of impermanence, principle of not-self, the reality of existence, they realize that every matter does not possess its own nature, and is thus transient and not real, subject to ever-changing conditions. Bodhisattva himself/herself is no exception. Bodhisattvas break up all kinds of greed, hatred and illusion and are never controlled by emotions. Bodhisattvas renunciate all the causes of afflictions/vexations. It is the way of Bodhisattvas to transfer merit, i.e. to give the merits to others with the hope to help them. Good speech and wholesome deed accumulate merits. Bodhisattvas transfer merits with a mind of compassion and generosity. They give the merits away without the thought of getting merits in return. Bodhisattvas, of course, do not attach to the virtues and merits, and to the transference itself. Without any attachment to self (i.e. egocentrism) and Dharma, Bodhisattvas have immeasurable mind of renunciation.

Be The Bodhisattvas now,as you are just now
Old 05-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Buddha Shakyamuni isn't the only Buddha.

New Buddha's gave teachings, those teachings are Dharma.

Tummo is one of those teachings.

You can find the Dharma teachings in the 6 Yogas of Naropa or the true name the 6 Dharmas of Naropa.

"Tilopa briefly described these six practices in a short verse text entitled Instructions on the Six Dharmas. In Tibet these practices became known as the six Dharmas of Nāropa. In English they became known as the six yogas of Nāropa through their being first translated in 1935 by Evans-Wentz in Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines, even though Evans-Wentz only referred to them as "six doctrines," which is the equivalent of six Dharmas. The term yoga (sbyor ba) is never used for this set of practices in Tibetan, and they should not be confused with the Kālacaka tradition's group of six practices that are called yogas."

Also,

As Nāropa is regarded as a Kagyu lineage holder, the six meditative practices are strongly associated with the Kagyu lineages of Vajrayana Buddhism. The teachings of Tilopa (988-1069 CE) are the earliest known work on the six dharmas. Tilopa is said to have received the teachings directly from Cakrasaṃvara. Nāropa learned the techniques from Tilopa. Nāropa's student Marpa taught the Tibetan Milarepa, renowned for his yogic skills. Milarepa in turn taught Gampopa. Gampopa's student, Düsum Khyenpa, 1st Karmapa Lama, attained enlightenment while practicing the six dharmas.[citation needed] The Karmapa, the first figure in Tibetan Buddhism whose reincarnation was officially recognized, has been strongly associated in certain tulkus with particular yogic attributes.

Many Gelugpa practitioners including Dalai Lamas are expert in the six dharmas of Nāropa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Yogas_of_Naropa

So is there dharma teachings on Kundalini..

The answer is very much Yes.

Now if you accept those teachings that is another thing. But the fact is there are kundalini teachings in Buddhism which is what the OP asked about. He did not ask if the Pali Canon teaches anything about kundalini nor did he ask if the Buddha taught about kundalini. He asked if Buddhism taught about kundalini.

Why you want to keep fighting about this is beyond me.

New Buddhas ???????
A Buddha will only appear when the Dharma has been lost.....
Old 05-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Master
Quote:
New Buddhas ???????

That is the new world system Buddha.

Read your Sutras. :)
Old 06-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I can see how enlightenment would be equated with true nature of mind, that makes complete sense, and I can see that it would be sponataneously present if all conditioning was removed. It is this step, removing all conditioning, that would require some form of training.

Yes, it is a good point: 'true nature of mind', which is the present state of mind as it is, with all its conditioning trauma and so forth. As I like to say, 'the true state of consciousness is you, just as you are'.

When we say 'removing conditioning' that alludes to the purification, which is an ongoing process of infusing pure conscious awareness with subtler and subtler reaches of body and mind. This entails being aware of what is going on with oneself without any judgment; not requiring anything to be other than it is. Change is inevitable, and if left to itself, dhamma, or nature, does what it has to do. As one of my teachers put it, 'You just observe. Dhamma does the rest'.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:06 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
New Buddhas ???????
What a sloppy way to run a universe.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
That's not really a accurate way to describe it. Now you could say one is identified with thoughts too much, but the thinking itself is not done by "me." The brain makes thoughts and it is a very mechanical process based on the past and memory and conditioning etc. So thoughts appear to consciousness pretty much on their own and then at that point, when they appear to consciousness, that concepts like too little can apply. Then at this point, it is about self awareness, too little self awareness being present to interrupt the stream from brain to experiential reality and from there projection for others to experience.

Your quote above is more accurately projected as, "I think you think too much." That is closer to some kind of truth or the reality of what is transpiring. Now you could point out that you think others are too identified with their thinking, but then even here it is about you, not them. You are too identified with your thought that they are too identified. Take a deep breath, relax, and let go of what is in your own mind, then you can find peace from these thoughts of yours. It's never about what others relationships are with their thinking as there is no actual way for you to know what this is as experiential reality. The only experiential reality that exists is your relationship with your own thoughts that you conceptually and in a state of delusion imagine to be about others.

im not really interested in going on a circular philosophical debate.

if you wish to theorize about what your thinking, why your thinking, and so on thats fine but nothing really to do with what i have posted on this thread.

you dont have to contemplate the whys or hows of bliss.if it is something you like to do then i think thats great. im just not the one to talk to about it.

in the beginning before it became continuous i also contemplated a lot about it. maybe it helped. i dont know? in any case after it becomes continuous what i found is the mind has nothing to do with it. if it did then it would be able to stop it. it cant. its something that is effortless and goes on with or without thinking. goes on regardless of why or how you think it is. so at some point at least for me i gave up on all that. perhaps some others havent that have come to the experience of continuous bliss. again i dont know? takes all types in this world. each to their own i guess.

so yeah. to me your over thinking it. but who cares what i think. whatever works for you is whats important.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 06-07-2017, 05:24 AM
Master
In terms of the definition I previously gave of enlightenment, I believe that the wisdom/knowledge component must involve verbal knowledge and thoughts, I personally value such things as clear perception and discernment and deep understanding of reality, perhaps this speaks to what might lie beyond silence.

These would be the qualities of the unconditioned mind, conditioned thinking would be silenced, but the unconditioned component of mind would have access to undreamed of knowledge and understanding and realisation.