Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What did he tell you ? Or is it a secret
See post #16. It was a direct channel.

Basically...the ocean becomes the drop, the drop doesn't know it's a drop when the ocean becomes it, but after that, the drop becomes the ocean, but it is still a drop.

Long story short, I have been Divinely possessed before...many years ago now and I only lost my identity during the experience (for a few hours) and not after it. The drop was still the drop and the ocean was still the ocean...even if the drop 'lost it' for a while.

Despite what anybody says, one can't remain in samadhi for 24/7...it can last from 5 minutes to 5 days, but eventually, we have to come down to eat, sleep, do what we do and God is still there when we do...God has always been there...it's just our selves we temporarily lose...but the feeling of bliss remains...and all that...
Old 26-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What did he tell you ? Or is it a secret
Oh...what did Barrynu tell me before? That I was loving God at the total expense of God's love for me and God was getting frustrated that He couldn't show me how much because I was giving too much of myself to God and not opening my heart up to God's love enough because I was too busy loving Him...it's complicated. lol
Old 27-06-2017, 04:21 AM
Master
Give me a while to come up with an essay on Achintya Bheda Abheda Tattwa as it applies to Virashaivism Sampradaya. If unsure of any terms, do some homework.
Old 27-06-2017, 05:17 AM
Suspended
Guide

Originally Posted by Baile
And we will realize we are God. And not God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Simultaneously?

Yes. Deep down under all of this "self" or "ego" or "person" we have accumulated is our "true self" which is pure conscious energy. Now this energy that is "me" is like an "atom" in the vast energy field that is "god." The nature of the totality or god or source, whatever one calls it, can be known and felt and experienced by me and you when we know ourselves as we are under all of this other accumulated "dust on the mirror." So that is how we know we are god and at the same time retain our individuality and personal perspective. We experience the source to the degree we purify or experience what we are.

Just think of trillions of atoms that make up an object. Now each of these atoms is conscious and self aware. The totality or object all of these individual atoms of consciousness make up also has a personal perspective and a self aware consciousness. There is a difference though, like the ocean and drop metaphor. The totality, the consciousness and awareness and intelligence of it cannot be comprehended by us at our level, but then like I said, you can "touch it" in a sense and to some degree and experience what it is in your way.
Old 27-06-2017, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
Originally Posted by Baile. And we will realize we are God. And not God.

Yes. Deep down under all of this "self" or "ego" or "person" we have accumulated is our "true self" which is pure conscious energy. Now this energy that is "me" is like an "atom" in the vast energy field that is "god." The nature of the totality or god or source, whatever one calls it, can be known and felt and experienced by me and you when we know ourselves as we are under all of this other accumulated "dust on the mirror." So that is how we know we are god and at the same time retain our individuality and personal perspective. We experience the source to the degree we purify or experience what we are.

Just think of trillions of atoms that make up an object. Now each of these atoms is conscious and self aware. The totality or object all of these individual atoms of consciousness make up also has a personal perspective and a self aware consciousness. There is a difference though, like the ocean and drop metaphor. The totality, the consciousness and awareness and intelligence of it cannot be comprehended by us at our level, but then like I said, you can "touch it" in a sense and to some degree and experience what it is in your way.
Thank you very much and I am starting to reconcile all of this in 'Necro-speak'...so here is that essay I have been working on:

This is called Vishistadvaita or qualified Monism. It is also my path and my truest experience.

To conceive of 'That' or 'Brahman', one must also understand the 'Maya' or that which is not Non-Duality and thus, Non-Duality becomes Duality within itself.

अद्वैतं परमार्थो हि द्वैतं तद्भेद उच्यते ।
तेषाम् उभयथा द्वैतं तेनायं न विरुद्ध्यते ॥ १८ ॥

advaitaṃ paramārtho hi dvaitaṃ tadbheda ucyate |
teṣām ubhayathā dvaitaṃ tenāyaṃ na viruddhyate || 18 ||

As non-duality is the ultimate Reality, therefore duality is said to be its effect (Kārya or Bheda). The dualists perceive duality either way (i.e., both in the Absolute and in the phenomena). Therefore the non-dual position does not conflict with the dualist’s position.

- Mandukya Upanishad 3:18

During my own 'Dark Night of the Soul' in which I tried to reconcile Non-Duality within the whole experience of it, I thought about Adi Shankaracharya - the greatest proponent of Advaita Vedanta (Non-Dualism as the end of all Knowledge) and why was it Adi Shankaracharya could be such a huge Shiva Devotee?...i.e. loving and worshiping a Divine God...in full-on 'Duality mode'...after it was that he expounded the very nature of Non-Duality?...made sense it did NOT!

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/adis...?cb=1239344596

Yet, I also found myself in exactly the same position. I had realised Non-Duality and yet the whole relation between the non-egoic Self and Brahman was still a Dual one - how come was this? I had agonised over it for years...how could a Supreme Consciousness even exist apart from ourselves when we were also that Supreme Consciousness?

I nearly went totally insane (literally) trying to reconcile the Duality within the Non-Duality, in the false thought - as per Advaita, that Non-Duality cancelled out or negated Duality by being Non-Dual...however, Non-Duality fully incorporates Duality in itself so it can BE Non-Dual!

This led me to a philosophy called Achintya bhedabeda tattva which basically means "the inconceivable difference of indifference". It is how people can 'be IT' and still 'Love IT' simultaneously, without Duality NOR Non-Duality even existing, because it just IS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhedabheda

In Hinduism, the saint Ramanuja proposed the whole idea and related it to Brahman (Non-Duality) in the form of Ishwara (Supreme Consciousness) and Chaitanya Mahaprabhu perpetuated it during the 14th Century and related it to the worship of Lord Krishna as an avatar of Lord Vishnu.

I believe I am the only one who is applying it to the Shaivite philosophy when, you see all Shaivites teaching 'Thou art Shiva (Shivoham)' but still have statues of Shiva in their temples and pray to Shiva as the external entity of 'Mahadeva'.

People may split hairs over this one all they like because whatever they say will just be within the framework of Duality or Maya anyway and only go to illustrate what I am saying by direct example.
Old 27-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Master
So as it was, back in the day, I loved God so much and I held nothing back in that love and then yeah, next thing I knew was that I knew not.

I also couldn't control it through my ego or will either and once it started, there was no way I could stop it.

Hearing a certain devotional song, feeling a certain 'vibe' or just being around others with strong energies would have me convulsing in a tidal wave of past-life samskaras on the floor, like a spiritual epileptic.

...and it tended to happen at the most inconvenient of times...inconvenient for others it seemed, but not for Siva.

After it happened a few times the temple Brahmins became grave and concerned...oh the amount of religious conditioning that stood between myself and those trance states...

Priest: "We can't have you doing that here".
Me: "Who said that I was doing it, honestly?"
Priest: "You should focus those energies internally - let them draw you closer towards God".
Me: "How closer can I get, when God fully takes over my soul?"
Priest: "Are you sure it is God and not the Devil?"
Me: "Are you sure you're a Hindu and not a Christian?
Priest: "It is not God who is possessing you".
Me: "What, did He tell you to say that to me?"
Priest: "You need to focus those energies internally so you can attain Samadhi".
Me: "How do you know I haven't already?"
Priest: "I just know it because the scriptures say so"
Me: "How do the writers of those scriptures know it?"
Priest: "Because God told them so".
Me: "Well, maybe they should have stopped listening to God so they can focus their energies internally to get closer to God..."

So yeah...yeah...

In the end, it was fully accepted because there was no way any learned pundit, stuffed full of his own ego could even make a counter argument when I was fully God-intoxicated.
Old 28-06-2017, 03:08 AM
Master
Thank you for all your comments. I especially appreciated others sharing their similar experiences of losing touch with reality (thank you Necro and naturesflow!) This is helping me feel less alone in this experience.

I am feeling a ton of shame, which is interesting to see and shows me how much I have internalized messages from society, and am seeing this as an opportunity to look within more deeply and accept myself more.

It does make sense honestly that I lost it temporarily after having such a profound expansion of my consciousness... I lost all my reference points, realized reality is really not as it seems and just how much is occurring in the mind... honestly any person would get disoriented and act weird after what I experienced.

I was going around telling people "I am you and you are me" basically I lost touch with how I was being perceived by others because I was in samadhi or a state close to it. Oye.

Lesson learned. Have great discernment about who you share your realization with. Protect yourself! And get enough sleep.
Old 28-06-2017, 03:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Thank you for all your comments. I especially appreciated others sharing their similar experiences of losing touch with reality (thank you Necro and naturesflow!) This is helping me feel less alone in this experience.

I am feeling a ton of shame, which is interesting to see and shows me how much I have internalized messages from society, and am seeing this as an opportunity to look within more deeply and accept myself more.

It does make sense honestly that I lost it temporarily after having such a profound expansion of my consciousness... I lost all my reference points, realized reality is really not as it seems and just how much is occurring in the mind... honestly any person would get disoriented and act weird after what I experienced.

I was going around telling people "I am you and you are me" basically I lost touch with how I was being perceived by others because I was in samadhi or a state close to it. Oye.

Lesson learned. Have great discernment about who you share your realization with. Protect yourself! And get enough sleep.
Sometimes we can get totally lost in our own mind and thoughts about who we are and what is happening to us instead of just letting it be. Our ego stops us from just 'letting go' and just being 'in the moment' or losing ourselves in the awareness of what is.

We tend to rationalise things, get lost in our own experiences and then try and pass whatever happens to us through a mental filter before it does, instead of just relaxing into it, going with the flow and just let whatever happens after that, just happen.

I realised this last night...I became so bogged down in what I was experiencing...trying to make some sense of it all, when I just went 'to hell with it' and decided to surf youtube for stuff that touched me deeply, beyond my thoughts and my mind. What happened after that was absolutely incredible!

I've posted this in another thread on here, but I got in touch with my core again last night and fell into trance...I had been putting it off..stopping myself when I felt it...but to dance in bliss and joy again...just indescribable peace and bliss....it reminded me of how it was before, when I was in that state...and attained it again very easily:

Kailash Kher - Bam Lahari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn3fQz9kZzc

Babam Bam Shiva Shankara Shambho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lfprL3OeLI

Om Shivoham Rudra Naatham Bhajeham
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm9kjceWeEc

Shiva Shiva Shankara
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1jBgu_nas

There were quite a few more....but now, I have made the total re-connect and I'm so happy I could just let go and let it all out through dancing around my room with tears just pouring out...so wonderful to feel that everything is Shiva.

Aum Namah Shivay
Old 28-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Ascender

I had a deep experience sunday night.I came close to a divine presence,possibly Shiva as he has been in my words recently.I did not become him or god but then I felt a part of me that started to mock me.....it was saying,you`r a fool to believe what you believe now and that this spirituality and all my experiences,strong love consuming me,syncronicities,kundalini,they are all fantasies in my mind and it was not nice to hear all of this.

I felt this scorn along with the divine presence in the backround trying to break through to me.It confused me for a while until I realised the scorn was the deep roots of my Ego trying to hold on to a part of me from the past.
And the divine presence was watching.
I was blissed out yesterday,not able for society but I can function today ,climbed another step....time to sit down on the step and look at the view

I will not tell this experience to anyone in my physical world as I will come up against disbelief just as I did when ego tried to pull me back down.Ego is just trying to keep me safe so I forgive ego cause "He knows not what he does"
Old 28-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer

I got in touch with my core again last night and fell into trance.

Aum Namah Shivay

Good to hear