Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 29-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Experiencer

Reiki attunement while pregnant?

Where can I find information on this? I have read from a quick google that reiki while pregnant and even attunements are perfectly safe. But I'm aware that many things are said about reiki and not all are necessarily the most cautious or accurate information. Are there counter arguments on this subject? Thanks!
Old 29-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Master

I don't see why there would be any counter arguments. Reiki is perfectly safe.
Old 31-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Experiencer

I am a Midwife and also a Reiki Master.. I have asked questions too about this and have been advised accordinglu.. I was advised not to Reiki a Mother to be umless she was more than 24 weeks gestation...
The reason being that although she may give permission early on in pregnacy, it is not right very early on for her to to consent for the growing fetus...
At 24 weeks gestation the baby is sufficiently developed to be viable.. So in that instance she may recieve Reiki and consent for her unborn child...

It is an ethics issue... There are other ethical time when Reiki is not considered the course of treatment to be carried out, ie for suspected recent fractures or any bone that would require setting, reducing etc.. Fractures can be treated once they had been 'set'. pinned or plastered. Then in that situation, Reiki may be given, as it is to reduce swelling and aid with pain relief and hasten the healing process...

As to Attunements, I have not heard of any adverse reactions or incidents.. But it can be a very strong and emotional time and really you need to concentrate on that experience yourself.. Could you really do this if you had concerns for your growing baby.. also you give consent for an Attunement, the baby cannot consent, so ethically it might not be the appropriate thing to do until after the baby is born...
Old 31-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Guide

the baby is paying attention and can or won't give consent - according to their spiritual development. i find that babies are generally all for it since they're still very much in spiritual form and not born yet.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 01-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Experiencer

The 'Baby is unborn, unable to consent...We are talking ethics here..

I'd be interested to see how you came to your conclusions....
Old 02-01-2015, 03:10 AM
Guide

Whatever is planned in that child's destiny is trumped by any of our 'code of ethics'. I recently took a workshop and a woman was concerned over her unborn child and we (through a 'heart check') were able to experience that child's spiritual growth before and after. It's not the first time we've experienced this. Most unborn babies tend to 'let go' and grow faster spiritually than the mothers who've experienced this difficult human existence. Very amazing stuff. I find that after the child is born, it's different and the spiritual growth is a bit slower. I could be wrong (see below).

Even my family/friends/colleagues grow spiritually, despite not taking workshops and getting attunements or praying with me. Everytime I go for a workshop, my daughter grows spiritually, then her friend grows, then her friend's brother grows. In spirit form, there are no limitations. We are all experiencing it together.

Reiki, I guess it depends on who is the initiator, can go beyond human limitations. I know with my teacher and the program I've been following - Reiki TUMMO - it does.

There are no conclusions. When you have access to your inner heart, you can find out for sure without expecting to hear it from someone else. They always say that the heart knows all the answers and is the way to the truth. Only with our hearts can we know for sure the truth.

;)
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 03-01-2015, 02:52 AM
Experiencer

So what in effect you are saying is, you listened int to the heart rate with a sonicaid before and after, to ? confirm that it was unaffected or what? Many things affect a baby heart rate.. and also that of the mothers heart rate too...The fetal heart rate varies between 120 and 140 ish in a normal situation, ie not in distress.. Males have a higher heart rate than females...

Reiki is cosidered inappropriate at less than 24 weeks gestation... but there will always be people who go against the code of ethics.. But because of my career path as a Midwife, I had to strictly adhere to that code of ethics..
I think it is from the litigation point of view with Complementary therapies over lapping medical protocols.. My reiki teachings are' Usui'...
Old 03-01-2015, 04:56 AM
AnandinBhisajKurma

Very interesting topic!

Personally, I would wait. The attunement process can be exhausting. I've heard the same of pregnancy. Spiritually, I see no issues. Being able to Reiki a newborn to sleep might be worth the trouble though.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Guide

A 'heart check' is when we use our inner heart to feel the differences in the being's spiritual growth.

What is Inner Heart? Deep within our heart chakra lies our True Selves and the Inner Heart. When the inner heart gates (aka -sir) are open, we can get access to many truths. It is a blessing given to us at Inner Heart or Open Heart 6 level. With this, we use this gift to do 'heart checks', to guide us in the right direction if we're undecided, to help us make the right choices in life and many other things. It's a spiritual thing that does not require fetal monitor. We are checking the spiritual growth of the person(s).

Many people who've had some form of reiki have had their hearts open enough to help them also feel with the heart and try the techniques I've learned- but to the extent of one's own spiritual growth and how relaxed they are to feel this. The Inner Heart is another feature that one must be given the blessing to open the Sir (gates).

In the tradition of Reiki TUMMO, I'm feeling that it doesn't matter if the mother is newly pregnant or at the end of the pregnancy. If a mother requests it for her unborn and I'm sure the unborn can also decide for him/herself because it's a spiritual consciousness issue, it can happen. Please remember, this is through Reiki TUMMO I'm aware of. I cannot speak for any other tradition. They might not have the authority to do such things and if you don't have the authority, then you can't do it. In RT, they have the authority to allow this to happen.
Old 13-01-2015, 11:49 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
So what in effect you are saying is, you listened int to the heart rate with a sonicaid before and after, to ? confirm that it was unaffected or what? Many things affect a baby heart rate.. and also that of the mothers heart rate too...The fetal heart rate varies between 120 and 140 ish in a normal situation, ie not in distress.. Males have a higher heart rate than females...

'...

My fetal heart rate was 150 today (about 20 weeks in), which is normal and what they look for. It is a male. My daughter was about 152-153. Females are actually the faster average fetal heart rate. Just had to interject that! :) this is my understanding. Are you talking about a specific time during gestation that is different?