Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 06-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Sumo

Reiki & Negative Thinking Patterns

Hello... I am attending the 1st Degree Reiki Course this coming Sunday.

And I am quite excited about it too.

By the way I would like to know whether Reiki is helpful for people to get away from negative thinking patterns that they have been having towards certain problems in order to move on with life.

Blessings!
x
Old 06-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Free_Spirit1983

Hey, great that your taking the first step into the world of reiki.. I've found it a really transformative path and a useful modalite in my personal healing :)

I think that reiki is a great way of bringing balance and harmony so we can step away from negative thought patterns..

Having said that I have met a few reiki masters who are very negative and judgemental (including one reiki master who turned a client away because she was "rotten to the core")..

So from my own experience when I see this in reiki it's usually from those who want to "fix" people, the people who have got into reiki from the position of "rescuer" (see the drama triangle) and on top of that they don't do their personal work and have no interest in healing themselves,

I spoke to someone on my reiki 2 training and they told me that they can't wait until a certain family member dies then the issues between them will go away.. I was absolutely speechless! and she's now working a full time reiki practice! We touched upon ways of dealing with the root issue and she just said no, I don't even want to go there...

The problem is we're like moths, we head straight for the light and completely ignore the shadow we're casting and so it gets bigger and bigger..

but if a person is willing to be authentic and heal themselves, which I feel as a practitioner is the most important and responsible thing you can do then the possibilities are endless and it will be a journey of self healing, self discovery and awe!

I'm hoping bring a new perspective to the people I teach reiki to (when I get to that stage) and incorporate shadow work into the teaching, so that the people I'm training are able to understand how shadow and light work, and hold both so they can take that balance out into the world

:) x
Old 06-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Spirit1983
Hey, great that your taking the first step into the world of reiki.. I've found it a really transformative path and a useful modalite in my personal healing :)

I think that reiki is a great way of bringing balance and harmony so we can step away from negative thought patterns..

Having said that I have met a few reiki masters who are very negative and judgemental (including one reiki master who turned a client away because she was "rotten to the core")..

So from my own experience when I see this in reiki it's usually from those who want to "fix" people, the people who have got into reiki from the position of "rescuer" (see the drama triangle) and on top of that they don't do their personal work and have no interest in healing themselves,

I spoke to someone on my reiki 2 training and they told me that they can't wait until a certain family member dies then the issues between them will go away.. I was absolutely speechless! and she's now working a full time reiki practice! We touched upon ways of dealing with the root issue and she just said no, I don't even want to go there...

The problem is we're like moths, we head straight for the light and completely ignore the shadow we're casting and so it gets bigger and bigger..

but if a person is willing to be authentic and heal themselves, which I feel as a practitioner is the most important and responsible thing you can do then the possibilities are endless and it will be a journey of self healing, self discovery and awe!

I'm hoping bring a new perspective to the people I teach reiki to (when I get to that stage) and incorporate shadow work into the teaching, so that the people I'm training are able to understand how shadow and light work, and hold both so they can take that balance out into the world

Hey Freespirit,

Thank you so very much for your advice and insight.

A voice in my head kept on telling me " Learn Reiki !! Learn Reaiki !! " whilst I was in an emotional roller-coaster. That's why I enrolled in the course. :)

Yes, as you have mentioned here right now I need self-healing more than anything.

From what you have mentioned here, I understand that practicing and teaching Reiki is a personal experience too. ( it depends on the person who does that )

I wish you well and good luck with your healing.

I see that you are a wonderful soul with full of light who understands the balance between SHADOW and LIGHT !!!

:)
x
Old 06-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Guide

from experience, the negativity doesn't go away, but creeps back up. due to this, one must practice being heart-centered so that the love overcomes the negativity that comes up. sure it's still there, but it's in the back burner instead of in the forefront. ;)
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 07-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainamom
from experience, the negativity doesn't go away, but creeps back up. due to this, one must practice being heart-centered so that the love overcomes the negativity that comes up. sure it's still there, but it's in the back burner instead of in the forefront. ;)

Thank you very much for your comment and advice, Tainamom! Yep, I will try my best to keep it in the back burner until it's fully burnt. ;)

Old 07-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Master

Reiki affects people in different ways. For me, it is a beautiful, loving energy and I feel I can send Reiki to animals and other people and it feels very loving.

On the other hand, sometimes Reiki brings up stuff for me to deal with, emotions that I haven't looked at that need to be looked at. Usually happens a day or so later, and then I spend the next few weeks dealing with that issue. I don't know why that is, and it is not a bad thing, but just a warning if you are in a really feel good frame of mind, you may not want to have stuff brought up to deal with.

But then again, in my family anyway, I am in the minority, and this only happens to me for some reason, and doesn't affect the others that way. And the attunement feels amazing.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Sumo

I attended the 1st Degree Reiki Course last Sunday. It was so wonderful and inspiring !!! Attunement was lovely. I saw different colours, an image of a lotus flower and a snake too !!!

I really like my Sensei. She is a wonderful lady who has been practicing Reiki for nearly ten years. She gave us a vegetarian lunch and herbal tea. :) And we were asked to drink a lot water during the session. That's another habit I have to get used to.!!! ;)

She taught us a wonderful technique to slowly move away from our negative thinking patterns. This is how it goes.

1. 'I feel you'- Notice the presence of the negative emotion.
2. 'I accept you' - Allow the emotion to be simply as it is. (with no judgements)
3. 'I embrace you' - Comfort yourself like a mother caring for your hurt child. Take the time to nurture and listen to an important message from a most significant person in your life. Once you finish the steps, let them go. And not be tempted to dwell in the negative emotion.

To me, this method is comforting. I try to practice it as much as I can.

x
Old 10-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Reiki affects people in different ways. For me, it is a beautiful, loving energy and I feel I can send Reiki to animals and other people and it feels very loving.

On the other hand, sometimes Reiki brings up stuff for me to deal with, emotions that I haven't looked at that need to be looked at. Usually happens a day or so later, and then I spend the next few weeks dealing with that issue. I don't know why that is, and it is not a bad thing, but just a warning if you are in a really feel good frame of mind, you may not want to have stuff brought up to deal with.

But then again, in my family anyway, I am in the minority, and this only happens to me for some reason, and doesn't affect the others that way. And the attunement feels amazing.

Hi Nameless,

Ya, that's very true!!! Reiki is a very beautiful energy! It is comforting and very homely too !!!

When I was on my way home after finishing the course I got a call from a friend regarding something to worry about!!! Probably it would have been a small test for me. ;) I suddenly remembered 'Just for today, I do not worry'

As you say Reiki is a very personal experience. It works for people in different ways.

Thank you for sharing your experience!! :) x
Old 10-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Free_Spirit1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo
I attended the 1st Degree Reiki Course last Sunday. It was so wonderful and inspiring !!! Attunement was lovely. I saw different colours, an image of a lotus flower and a snake too !!!

I really like my Sensei. She is a wonderful lady who has been practicing Reiki for nearly ten years. She gave us a vegetarian lunch and herbal tea. :) And we were asked to drink a lot water during the session. That's another habit I have to get used to.!!! ;)

She taught us a wonderful technique to slowly move away from our negative thinking patterns. This is how it goes.

1. 'I feel you'- Notice the presence of the negative emotion.
2. 'I accept you' - Allow the emotion to be simply as it is. (with no judgements)
3. 'I embrace you' - Comfort yourself like a mother caring for your hurt child. Take the time to nurture and listen to an important message from a most significant person in your life. Once you finish the steps, let them go. And not be tempted to dwell in the negative emotion.

To me, this method is comforting. I try to practice it as much as I can.

x

Nice :) congratulations, glad you had a great experience..

and the technique you mentioned is not too far from a process I use in shadow work, bringing in the "negative" into our "blanket of acceptance", very powerful!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Spirit1983
Nice :) congratulations, glad you had a great experience..

and the technique you mentioned is not too far from a process I use in shadow work, bringing in the "negative" into our "blanket of acceptance", very powerful!

Thank you very much, Free Spirit...