Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 23-10-2010, 06:54 AM
Guide
Book1 How does reiki work?

I've made the decision that I want to learn reiki.
My mom has horrible arthritis.
I thought I could learn some reiki to heal it.
But how does it work?
Do I like do a healing thing once and she wont be in pain
or will I have to do it everyday?
Sorry if this question sounds stupid but I literally know
nothing about this :-\

Last edited by Lovely : 23-10-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 23-10-2010, 04:59 PM
iolite

The simple answer: Reiki works to remove energy blockages so blood can mover more freely. However, those blocks often occur in the energy bodies before showing up physically. Reiki also works on those levels as well. The energy bodies are from 1 ft up to 8-10 feet away if I am remembering what Barbara Brennan wrote in Hands of Light. As you study and work with reiki, you will learn to feel blockages and send reiki to those areas too.

For chronic conditions like arthritis, frequent reiki sessions will be needed.

Quantum touch is another energy healing technique that is easy to learn by reading the book (Quantum touch: The power to heal by Richard Gordon).
Old 24-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Master
There is a post about reiki a couple below yours in this board from Emerging Path. That has some great info about reiki and what it is and isn't.

That may help to answer some of your questions
Old 25-10-2010, 07:37 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
I've made the decision that I want to learn reiki.
My mom has horrible arthritis.
I thought I could learn some reiki to heal it.
But how does it work?
Do I like do a healing thing once and she wont be in pain
or will I have to do it everyday?
Sorry if this question sounds stupid but I literally know
nothing about this :-\

Lovely - I stumbled upon the great life force called reiki at a time in life when ill health became second nature to me. I was often sick and tired.

Its on intuition i choose reiki but now i have completed 2 levels and i am able to heal myself. sometimes it cures immediately sometimes you have to do it regularly there are symbols that be used to increase reiki energy and the great thing about reiki is you can send it a person in distance also, there are many fantastic thing about reiki healing and Yes its a great tool that you can use whenever required.

yesterday i was suffering with severe back ache and no amount of relaxation was working, i had to wake my spouse and a reiki healing was done immediately i felt reiki, otherwise i would have to be in pain the whole night. It is very handy and it does bring changes not only physically but spiritually, mentally and emotionally as well.

All the best and happy learning
Old 24-01-2011, 12:56 AM
AngelBreeze

Reiki and How It Works

Warm greetings! You ask how Reiki works. It is a process of a light laying-on of hands on the recipient or keeping the hands just above the body in certain places. The energy many times can be felt as warm to hot but also as cooler. This is often confused with the recipient feeling the warmness, etc. and thinking it is coming from the giver's hands but in actuality it is the process of the recipient generating this energy that is being felt (by both he and the giver.)

It is in the intention to run Reiki and allow God to do the actual healing work that makes it work. A Reiki practitioner or master merely places their hands on the positions and then steps aside and lets God channel His energy through the hands of the practitioner or master. There should be no conscious effort to "direct" the energy to go anywhere as it has its own consciousness and knows where it is needed most.

Reiki is usually given for a period of time and can certainly be repeated depending on what is going on. God usually guides the person giving Reiki as to how long to hold their hands on certain points or positions. He does the rest and that is why we step aside and let go of any thought of where to guide it or where it should go or what the outcome should be. Again, Reiki will automatically know where to go and will direct itself there for the highest good of the recipient.

When I first start Reiki, I first and foremost say a prayer to God through Jesus Christ to be with me and guide me during the session since He knows best where to take the spiritual energy from that point. During the session I continue to focus my thoughts on God and asking Him to be with me and guide my hands to where they should go next. At the conclusion of the session, I thank God again for being there and touching both the recipient and me in the very special way that He does.

No one can tell you how long Reiki must be done for a particular case. Much depends on the recipient since there are many people who consciously hold on to their conditions for various reasons. One such reason that is known is that of receiving attention they never had before. If the condition was to leave them, they fear they would no longer be pampered or treated in the kind way they currently are. So, they tend to hold on to their malady in some form or other.

Others, no matter how much Reiki is done for them, do not appear to get back to an improved state and thus may pass on. That does not mean that Reiki did not help them. It is benevolent spiritual energy and may have helped them to feel more at ease and relaxed as they reached their final moment of life on Earth. So, in essence, their passing can be considered a healing in itself. They are now free from the rigors and pain they may have been experiencing and left, at their appointed time, in a better state than if they had not had the extra spiritual energy.

Others may yet decide that whatever is hurting them is not for them anymore and God hears them and they are able to recover quickly. Indeed, we never know what is going to happen as all of this work is completely spiritual in nature and God is always in control of the process. We have to have a wait-and-see attitude and always remember to thank God for His help before, during, and after the session.

Old 31-03-2011, 01:40 PM
SerpentKing

Im in OC CA Where can I take Reiki?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentKing
Im in OC CA Where can I take Reiki?

Check your local new age book store, or co op. There should be a bulletin board where people post cards. Local bookstores or coffee shops might be good too.

This might turn up something too: http://reiki.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/oceanside/
Old 02-04-2011, 04:55 AM
pre-dawn

AngelBreeze, there is no God business in Reiki. Leave God out and leave Jesus out. If you include them then you are not doing Reiki. You may do something else to heal people but not Reiki.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:28 AM
AngelBreeze

¤ Reiki Works With God's Power! ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
AngelBreeze, there is no God business in Reiki. Leave God out and leave Jesus out. If you include them then you are not doing Reiki. You may do something else to heal people but not Reiki.

Pre-dawn, perhaps for you there isn't a God but for those who know Reiki, including Dr. Usui, God is at the CENTER of Reiki because it is a spiritual healing energy that only He can provide to us. God has always been in all healing and He will always be. No doubts about that for those who understand. Otherwise one would be using their own personal energy and not Reiki. I understand that heathens and infidels do not have a belief in God yet there is no denying that without God they too would not exist and neither would the energy that is called "Universal" meaning it is in everything and surrounds all. What some people may be hearing is that Reiki is not a religion and that is true. But while not a religion, it can only operate with God's Power or it would be non-existent as God Gives Life To All. Only God can do that and no one or "thing" other than God can.

When we invoke God in Reiki we are most certainly doing Reiki. It's as simple as that. You can argue all you want about this but it will not change the fact that Reiki comes from God as it has the ability to heal spiritually and no person on earth can duplicate that effort no matter how hard they try. That's the first thing I learned in my Reiki I class that Reiki works with God's power and many websites on Reiki openly acknowledge that fact also.

For those who say they are infidels and still use Reiki without invoking God, we need to inform them, if they don't know already, that even God is at the center of their life. They just dont' acknowledge Him most unfortunately. God has been known to heal Atheists, non-Believers, etc. because they too are His children and He would not abandon them even if they have a strong disbelief in Him. And Jesus Christ healed whomever came to Him you must remember. He did not stop to ask them anything about their background since being the Son of God He knew the answer already but in His mercy and goodness He reached out to infidels as well. So, the fact remains that Reiki comes from God and we can surely go on and on about this eternally and my position cannot ever change because it is Truth.

Deus tecum and my special wishes for many blessings and a beautiful day!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
God has always been in all healing and He will always be. No doubts about that for those who understand. Otherwise one would be using their own personal energy and not Reiki.
I have never been called a infidel before. I shall ignore the God propaganda.

So how does one separate personal energy from universal energy. There is no 'personal' in universal. Universal means it is everywhere, including inside and outside of you. That a Reiki practitioner is supposedly able to keep personal and universal energy apart is one of the Reiki myths.

If the Reikie practitioners can channel universal energy, presumably more powerful than personal energy, why don't they just fill themselves with it? Why bother with personal energy, for any reason, when something better is available, anywhere, any time, in abundance?