Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 15-02-2012, 01:18 PM
clarissa13

Unhappy Looking for a sign, but what?

Hi all,

i have just come across this lovely forum after googling! I have done my reiki level one a few months back and have booked to do the 2nd level in two weeks time. I have suddenly found myself feeling really low, almost like i have a cloud above my head and a knot in my stomach and i cannot shake the feeling. I have been abusing my body with wine a lot lately too and even had a cigarette after not smoking for many years. I have been asking for a sign that things are going to pick up for me, but received nothing. I know deep down that i must help myself but cannot find the motivation. I am not sure why i have posted this, but its nice to get it off my chest! Thanks for listening!
Old 15-02-2012, 02:00 PM
earthprowler

stop
breathe
release
relax
trust
Old 16-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Windward

Hi there,

I can relate to the feeling sometimes. It's funny that you mention Reiki, because part of the reason I decided to learn Reiki in the first place is so that I can help myself. Finding motivation is often very difficult, and really, it is something that must be worked out from within (aka yourself).

It wasn't too long ago, but I too found myself in a low and abusing myself with wine and alcohol. I don't smoke, which is mostly out of disinterest, but sometimes my lows can get really low, where my inner-conflicts just don't make any sense, and I become negatively infuriated with myself to the point where abuse happens. I don't suppose you would believe me if I said I was a Reiki master?

But then, whether you place much faith in Reiki or not, I will have to say that Reiki does help when things get low. Perhaps not necessarily by just the practice of it, nor what energy one can stir up, but by principle. When I took Reiki a few years back, a lot of emphasis was placed on grounding, slowing down, and releasing our inner tensions. I often find myself reading back on the old Usui saying of "Just for today, don't be angry, do not be worried, be grateful, work with diligence, and be kind...," because really, that's one of the secrets to a peaceful living.

Before you can find yourself, it is important to let loose, and simply be what you are. Don't worry, don't think too hard about your problems, and don't be too overly attached to the worldly things that are not within your grasp to control. I often tell myself not to be attached to anything when I'm feeling low, and it helps. Don't even expect things to pick up. Just take things one step at a time, and don't be too concerned about outcomes. Focus on your own well-being in the present, and perhaps you will find what you are looking for. The sign is probably within you
Old 16-02-2012, 08:42 AM
clarissa13

Thank you so much for that reply Windward. I feel a little stronger today after a friend sending me reiki, and then last night i was able to self treat. My relationship with wine has become most unhealthy and this is definitely the thing i need to work on first. My second degree attunement is only eight days away and i think i need to cleanse my body before this to be fully prepared.
Old 17-02-2012, 05:04 PM
shifty123

Practice reiki as if you're sending it to someone you care about. The good vibes you send. Will also come back at you. It works.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:36 PM
amandria

I was going through such a traumatic time when i was first introduced to Reiki, and once going there, theres no turning back lol, after reciveing my fisrt two levels, i seemed to back slide from my beliefs for a while, but one day i saw this beautiful energy of a sea horse, and my heart lit up and knew that one day, i had to recive my reiki masters degree and become a teacher, i used to love having afew or more glasses of wine once in a while, but one night i had two glasses and i became violently ill, and i know it was the wine, i can only have one glass now, which is every now and again, over the years my body is reacting really bad towards unhealthy things, so i need to eat very healthy to stay in good order hahah.. this is what reiki does to us, things dont happen over night, but things do happen, and we do change, its jsut baby steps, and can take a few years for the energies to really talke affect... because we are being prepared by spirit, spirit are teaching us, and there is many things of importance which we all need to learn, even karma, because we have to be careful how we treat others, we may find that we start to love our enamies lol... and this is bad haaaahaaa.. who want to love the school bully who wrecked our last year in school lol.. but we do, this is what happens, but things dont all happen over night, your wish has been granted though, because you have had your sign, and it wasnt coincidence that you came here to this site, you came here to meet others of like mind, and for you to learn and grow, and to develope xxx
Old 07-03-2012, 12:49 AM
clarissa13

Hey Amandria, thanks for your reply! I am now on day 12 of my 21 day cleanse and cannot believe how different i feel. I have been eating really healthy and on the odd occasion i have allowed myself a bit of junk i have felt awful! I bought some wine on the weekend but could only manage a glass and it actually tasted much less pleasant than usual! Last night after a stressful day at work i decided to buy a bottle and drank it all. Won't be doing that again as today i have felt bloody awful and this evening thrown up twice! I don't think i could go back to my unhealthy lifestyle now, it seems so toxic!!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Master
Yes... our energies get clearer and our awareness develops we become more sensitive and most of us can no longer indulge in what's not good for us.

Xan

Old 11-03-2012, 10:39 AM
amandria

So very true xan, its amazing how our bodies work, certain foods just dont taste teh same for me either, also, i find i cant eat large meals like i used to either, and, i also had a desire, to clean all my cuboards out in my house lol and have a good de clutter.. have you also changed your style in clothes to ? so many things have changed for me, my whole attitude to life and people have changed, and my love of animals and nature have strenghend to x
Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarissa13
Hi all,

i have just come across this lovely forum after googling! I have done my reiki level one a few months back and have booked to do the 2nd level in two weeks time. I have suddenly found myself feeling really low, almost like i have a cloud above my head and a knot in my stomach and i cannot shake the feeling. I have been abusing my body with wine a lot lately too and even had a cigarette after not smoking for many years. I have been asking for a sign that things are going to pick up for me, but received nothing. I know deep down that i must help myself but cannot find the motivation. I am not sure why i have posted this, but its nice to get it off my chest! Thanks for listening!

Hi clarissa13,
Most people seem to think that motivation preceeds the action but i believe it the other way round. If you act then your motivation can be to keep acting. Sometimes just counting the days since you broke the habit is enough motivation to carry on with it.

Take a step......You can do it