Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 13-05-2011, 05:02 PM
yinepu

Hi i was taught by my reiki master to manipulate the feet not in the flow of it but at the end.

Also i charged in australia $50 because this is what was being charged in my area, however i offered free sessions to a child (teen ) kwhos mother was beside herself with her childs insomnia.

I explain to EVERY client where my hands will be placed around the heart and root chakra and ask them if they would feel uncomfortable... most people will say no because its in built in us to go with the flow, however i also let them now at anytime they can change thier mind if they start to feel uncomfortable.

I do not touch the breast nor the genital area, it is a placement i show on my own body to the client prior to them even lying down.

I also advertised discounts available, so if some one could not afford it , i would offer to do it for free, you get a feel for who is honest and who is curious.
Old 13-05-2011, 07:31 PM
mava

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Why a tip? If the treatment is free then consider making a donation. If there is a charge then that is what it costs. The practitioner makes the price, you agree, or negotiate around it and when an agreement is reached that's it, that is how much it will cost. End of story.

Well, I brought up the tipping because it's at a business that also does massage, spa treatments, etc., and for example, when I get a hair cut, it's proper to leave a tip or if you get a massage, it's also usually proper to leave a tip. So I figured the same might be true with reiki, but maybe it depends on the situation/place.
Old 14-05-2011, 01:51 PM
AngelBreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mava
Great! Such helpful information!!

I've been thinking more about it - yea it definitely makes sense that they charge for their TIME, not for the session itself necessarily.

Greetings to you, Mava!

Yes, Reiki practitioners and masters usually accept something for their Time in conducting Reiki sessions and not for the Reiki itself. It is, in essence, similar to priests in a church or ministers who pass the collection plate and take donations, etc for sustainability. Clergy does not charge for the mass or service they conduct but may charge for their time in conducting weddings, etc. since there are still bills to be paid, salaries, upkeep of the church, insurance, etc. If they did not take donations they would then fold up and the people who depend upon the church for their spiritual needs would be at a loss. The same with Reiki practitioners. If they did not receive some form of compensation for their time they would soon have to go to work elsewhere to get money to pay their bills thus, they would need to cease offering Reiki services as bills would not be able to be paid, etc. and those who requested Reiki would likewise then be at a loss.

I might make an appointment very soon. Any recommendations - does it affect you to go in the morning, afternoon, or nighttime?

Reiki can be done at anytime actually but the daylight hours appear to be the norm for most people.

One more question, which might seem silly, but do reiki practitioners expect tips? If I was to go before getting any replies, I think I would give a tip because they might not get 100% of the money that they charge. If the price is $75, possibly a $10 tip?

So, what are you saying here? That if they had a set charge for their time of say $75.00, you might not give them that? And instead only tip them $10.00? I'm trying to understand that. There are many Reiki practitioners who will work with those who are unable to pay higher. Some even offer a "sliding scale" depending on a person's inability to pay the full price as an exchange for Reiki.

One last question! I see on their sites, they also offer follow-ups, which I don't think I would do, but are these recommended?

Follow-ups are done depending on the circumstances. If for example, one goes in for something that may require greater time with Reiki, then a follow-up may be offered or recommended. It is not unusual to return more than once for Reiki in many areas unless it is just for a quick one-time perk-up relaxation that does not require a follow-up.

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an anti-Christ." -- II JOHN 1:7 (KJV)

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)