Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 25-04-2007, 12:16 PM
pebble

Just started meditating

Years ago I use to try to meditate. Had some experiences with them, but were not good. I decided to try meditation again. I have learned how to put up a shield to protect me from negative energy that is out there.

While meditating, with my eyes closed I could see an energy, it was kinda green and bright, kinda neon. It made me feel relaxed and really good inside. My body relaxed and a smile went across my face. I could hear bits and pieces of things that were negative, but they were shut down immediately. I couldn't remember what was said right after it was said.

I didn't get any positive feed back. How long does it take to start hearing something positive and helpful?

After meditation, I was sleepy and had to go to bed. Is this normal? thank you.
Old 29-04-2007, 09:38 PM
ann

i medatate n get great peace from it,do you ground yourself first,i now can comunicate easily with my guide n spirits,but i do like to meditate with angel cds
Old 30-04-2007, 01:37 AM
tiltjlp

There are endless methods for meditation. I tend toward the idea, especially for people new to meditation, that the simpler the better. This is the system or method I use.

I'll spend about 10 minutes reading or thinking of something spiritual or inspiring. Then I'll clear my mind of all conscience thought. I then put on my CD headphones to cut down on distractions. I then begin my OM CD, which has quiet bells and chimes, and other sounds geared to your brain wave patterns. This allows for the growth of new neural paths in your brain, which helps you focus.

As the sounds begin, I visualize one of two things, based on my meditation goal. If my goal is simply to relax, I visualize myself adrift in a row boat, and as I breath, the row boat gently rises and falls. If my goal is to make a spiritual connection with my inner self/heart/soul, I visualize a large flower whose petals slowly enfold and envelope me. As the petals finally close, I make contact with my soul, and I see a soft blue glow about me.

At this point, I might simply hear beautiful music, recall bits and pieces of a past life, receive an insight into a personal problem, or maybe deeper understanding of something of a spiritual nature. I might also soul travel, as I call it, often in connection with a past life memory or an insight. The important thing to know is that I don't feel we actually travel at all. I believe that our soul has all the knowledge we need spiritually, and that as we progress, that knowledge is revealed to us as we need to learn more.

Anyone interested in obtaining the OM CD can PM me, since we don't allow commercial links or ordering information to be posted. Many folks simply use their own favorite music, New Age being well suited for meditaions.

John
Closed Thread