Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 24-04-2007, 08:30 PM
pure

dog growling has anyone ever have this happen?

Hey Everyone.

I did my first meditation in over a month, i have been struggling with my faith and drugs. Anyway i decided to light a candle cause the room has a much better feel to it when i light a candle during meditation. I closed my eyes and did some breath exercises. The more i relaxed my body and my eyes i felt myself going into a deeper meditation state (close to the trance state) but didnt quite get there. Anyway as i was meditating my head started moving slowly in a circle, i had this happen to me one other time during meditation, i was just wondering if this is normal during meditation? as i was in this state i heard my dog growl i opened my eyes and she was staring intensly at me as if she could see something. It kind of scared me. has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them during meditation? any posts on this would be greatly appreciated

Have a great day/night..

~Pure~
Old 24-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Knower

Hi Pure

My dog growled one time when I was deep in meditation, it was at the same time I saw a picture of a lion and it was wierd because her growl really did sound like a lions it did freak me out a bit but she's never done it since so I haven't worried about it

They do say that animals sense things much easier than we do so maybe your dog could sense something? hopefully someone with a lot more knowledge will answer this for you :)

But in the meantime, please don't be afraid, if there's one thing I have learnt from everyone here its that we ourselves cause fear

I hope this helps
Michelle xxxx
Old 25-04-2007, 07:19 PM
pure

Thanks Michelle

I appreciate the reply i think she did sense something, as your dog may also have. Im going to try to meditate again tonight see if she does the same thing or starts acting different.

Have a great day/night..

~Pure~
Old 26-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Knower

Hi Pure

I hope your meditation went well last night

Just one question, your dog hasn't also been waking up at wierd hours through the night too has she? Mine did for well over a month, barking to go out when she's never done that in over 14 years. Thankfully its stopped now

Michelle xx
Old 26-04-2007, 05:46 PM
pure

Hey Michelle

I just got my dog about a week ago, my sisters friend didnt want her anymore. She came from an abusive family. So i decided to take her and give her a good home. Its sad how people can treat animals . She doesnt wake up in the middle of the night as far as i know im a heavy sleeper i probally wouldn't realize if she did

How long have you been meditating?

Did your dog start waking up when you started meditation?

Animals are very perceptive, i have a parrot (yellow naped amazon) he also sees things sometimes he will stare at the ceiling sometimes. ill look in the direction hes staring but i dont see anything. There are times when he will start talking alot and it seems like hes talking to someone i just watch and observe. I find it really cool when he does this.

If your dog has never done this there has to be a reason he/she must sense something, maybe it could be a spirit guide an angel or some divine being. Try to observe him/her see if you notice some kind of pattern.

I never got around to meditating last night i was exhausted, watched the hockey game and fell asleep. Ill try and get around to it tonight.

Have a great day/night..

~Pure~
Old 26-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Knower

Hi Pure

That was a lovely thing for you to do giving any animal a good home is always a blessing I always think :)

I haven't been meditating long, I'm still such a newbie lol I would say since Christmas but my dog didn't start waking until a month or so after that. It did go on for quite a while and we were really tired as there wasn't a night went by without her waking us. If your dog was anything like mine, believe me she would waken you :( I even tried one night not getting straight up but after 10 loud barks I had to come down before the neighbours complained lol

Your parrot sounds beautiful wouldn't it be lovely sometimes to see what they see :)

Good luck with your meditation tonight I know what you mean about being exhausted lol I think that's why I started in the daytime, there's less chance I'll fall asleep then lol

Michelle xxx