Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 10-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Affirmations for Negative People

I have a coworker that is not a team player and abuses her position to make other coworkers feel inferior. She has caused a lot of distress among my other coworkers. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for self growth and acceptance. Feel free to post any affirmations that have to do with interacting with negative people on a daily basis. Here are mine:

- Every human life deserves respect.
- I will treat _____ like a sick friend who needs my compassion.
- I accept _____ with patience, love, and understanding.
- Through my and my coworkers actions, we can share the frugal gifts of comradery, generosity, and selflessness with _____ to help her grow.
- I will treat _____ with the same respect that I'd give to myself and others.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:26 PM
continuedspirit

I have the Same "issue" at my job as does my boyfriend at his. Unfortunately everybody does not live by the same affirmations you listed. The world would be such a different place if they did. I too took the mentality of "acceptance and self growth" through my experience. I have worked there for over 10 years. It doesnt matter how people act, the only thing you can control is how you react to it. Your coworker that is not a team player behaves in a way that you wouldnt. Unfortunately you have to accept that. Unfortunately the world is not full of puppy dogs and beer cans. It takes all kind of people to make the world go round. Pray for them all.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:50 AM
Pathfinder
gravitysrainbow, I think you have a very positive outlook of your situation. It's very kind hearted of you to think of affirmations to help you deal with your coworker in a caring manner. Having been there before I would suggest you also try to do a bit of a protection for yourself.. definitely do your affirmations and interact with your coworker with kindness, but also protect yourself from her negative energy. You may accidentally start "absorbing" the negative energy without meaning to.

From a non-spiritual outlook, do you have a review process where you work where you could submit anonymous suggestions/comments regarding coworkers? We do that annually here and I found that after I had the guts to kindly outline some things that were not very good in a coworker's way of dealing with others, it actually made a difference. I know I wasn't the only one that year to point out a few things (again, anonymously) and I have seen a huge improvement in my coworker over the years since. I honestly think she didn't realize exactly how she came across to people. She knew she was being a b**** but didn't *realize* the full scope. It helped her and she seems like a much happier person now. :)

Edited to add: I just thought also.. Affirmations. Although you can't influence others directly, you could affirm something like:

- I ask the Universe to send positive, healing energy to ____ for her higher self to accept if appropriate.

"Be true to yourself. Even now we are with you. Free the love within. Your love for us and life. Don’t ask us to tell you what to do. You know in your heart already."
Old 11-03-2014, 04:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysrainbow
I have a coworker that is not a team player and abuses her position to make other coworkers feel inferior. She has caused a lot of distress among my other coworkers. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for self growth and acceptance. Feel free to post any affirmations that have to do with interacting with negative people on a daily basis. Here are mine:

- Every human life deserves respect.
- I will treat _____ like a sick friend who needs my compassion.
- I accept _____ with patience, love, and understanding.
- Through my and my coworkers actions, we can share the frugal gifts of comradery, generosity, and selflessness with _____ to help her grow.
- I will treat _____ with the same respect that I'd give to myself and others.

I just want to comment, because people often say I'm a negative person or exude negative energy and similar things that aren't at all true. In fact, I'm upfront and direct and easily say what I think, and in my culture, that's respected as 'true blue'.

Another aspect of this is, I have been involved in discomforting discussions and conflicts, and not felt preturbed where others may comment on their adversity to the negative vibe that is emitted by the unpleasant nature of the topic or the heated emotional reactions to opposing views... so I don't experience things as feeling negative where another person might.

If in fact I first saw someone as a negative person, then that affirmation is actually formost to me, and it is the only reason I practice contradicting it with affirmations that allow me to pretend that my actual and initial sentiment wasn't there.

I understand that people's behaviour is difficult to contend with, there is no doubt about that, but in my mind, the behaviours are not partial to the person; and any issue I have which is actually personal, is a self issue that involves my over reaction to experiencing their behaviours, and a self fallacy that I paint an assumed portrait of them.

For that reason I treat all people with compassion, and respect everyone positively, by default. This means that if it appears that my friend is sick, I become aware of my internal reactivity which led me to that conclusion.

With the affirmations, they can be become so externally focused on others that one neglects the other side of the coin, which is self awareness.

I like your affirmations very much
Old 11-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Deactivated Account

You've all brought up great points. Continuedspirit - I do try to remind myself that I am only in control of my actions and reactions, and that I have no control over how others behave. I have days where I accept that fact with relief and other days where I feel stressed about the lack of control. I guess when it comes to acceptance and tolerance of others, it's about progress, not perfection.

Cydonia1978, I'm an empath so psychic protection is a must for me! If I don't protect myself, it is way harder not to overreact to my negative coworker.
I like the healing affirmation you've given! I get the sense that my coworker is miserable. She takes it out on others to give herself a sense of power - it is something to pity because she could be emotionally hurting. This affirmation (hopefully) could ease that pain.
Unfortunately, we don't have a review process like that at my work. My manager has spoken to her about her behavior, but she undermines him. We can't really talk to corporate or HR unless she breaks company policy. After one particularly frustrating encounter, I thought about how satisfying it'd be to give HR a list of examples of her inappropriate behaviors, but instead I felt like I was being petty. I believe that if everyone tried to include instead of exclude her from the team, she wouldn't feel the need to go on her little power trips.

Gem, thank you! And you do bring up a great point - it can be a self issue. Nobody truly knows what another person is thinking. We can't ever really know someone, so in our minds, we assume who they are and how they act. We make up the story behind their actions. And sometimes, we don't like the story - we don't accept it because we would've done things differently.

Thank you for your responses! I love it when ideas lead to a beneficial discussion. :)
Old 12-03-2014, 05:04 AM
aryannatimothy

I think everyone of us experience the same thing with co-worker. I know that this has been very stressful to handle no matter how positive you are in your thoughts and actions. But there is always a way. Aside from making your daily affirmations, I suggest that you try to surround yourself with positive people in the workplace. Then if you can, you need to communicate with this co-worker you are talking about and try to know why she is acting that way and perhaps share what you feel about it. There is no harm in trying right? Good luck!