Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 30-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Intense auditory hallucinations and visuals

Every time I try to meditate, I encounter the same problems of auditory hallucinations, mainly voices that are powerful in volume or emotion, or visuals that make no sense. These experiences are often disconcerting or perturbing in nature.

Yesterday, I meditated for an hour. In that period of time, I heard somebody whisper loudly, "Here!" as well as a man shouting that somebody was after him and was going to kill him. I also had a visual of going into door after door and room after room until it became so dark that I couldn't see. The last door had me falling into a dark hole and I had to wake myself up and start over.

I always ask my guide and angel to protect me before I do this, and I try to surround myself with light. At first, I am even in a state of relaxation, but I feel as though I'm doing something wrong if I'm hearing and seeing strange things. Does anyone know what this means?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:58 PM
KidsAtHeart

I would keep going. Believe that you are safe and don't give up. What you are hearing and seeing are all parts of you. It is up to you to choose if you want to continue on.
Old 13-05-2013, 12:16 AM
icy_su

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysrainbow
Every time I try to meditate, I encounter the same problems of auditory hallucinations, mainly voices that are powerful in volume or emotion, or visuals that make no sense. These experiences are often disconcerting or perturbing in nature.

Yesterday, I meditated for an hour. In that period of time, I heard somebody whisper loudly, "Here!" as well as a man shouting that somebody was after him and was going to kill him. I also had a visual of going into door after door and room after room until it became so dark that I couldn't see. The last door had me falling into a dark hole and I had to wake myself up and start over.

I always ask my guide and angel to protect me before I do this, and I try to surround myself with light. At first, I am even in a state of relaxation, but I feel as though I'm doing something wrong if I'm hearing and seeing strange things. Does anyone know what this means?

Dear GR,

I would say it is no good if you continue to hear clear voice and see clear things. You are having a sense of fear and nervous when you meditate, aren't you. And this is deveiating from the concept of metitation, which is meant to lead you to peace and comfort. It's good that you realize that it's wrong. I know a few people who are fascinated by illusions.

The reason why you are have the illusions is that you have imagined too much in the beginning. You talked to your guide and angel, and then you surround yourself with light. I am not judging whether there is guide or angel, but you had certainly evloved a lot of imaginations when trying to communicate with them. It seems to me that the whole process of your meditation is a process of imagination. And human has an inevitable weakness -- they cannot really control their thoughts. You certainly cannot control your imagination as well.

But how to go on? I would advise you to slightly open your eyes when mediating. When you can see yourself and surroundings, illusions will disappear. And you do need a brave heart to go further. I myself was a very timid person before beginning practicing meditation and Buddism, but now I am very calm and rarely scared. I know it's because I practice Pure Land Buddhism. I am not pushing you to try my religion too. I guess other religions can give you the same strength as well. It's just that I am not the best person to give you advice.

Love,
Icy
Old 13-05-2013, 05:58 AM
beansi

Hi there.
If I were you i would only do a half hour med & only after a good night's sleep to get back into it, you sound like you're doing your med's when your mind is already v.tired (so it borders on edges before deep sleep)
Hope this helps
Old 13-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Suspended
You are falling asleep during meditation and having dreams. Follow beansi's advice.
Old 14-05-2013, 05:22 AM
jaydonc

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
You are falling asleep during meditation and having dreams. Follow beansi's advice.

Yes i think this is the most probably thing happen with this person.
Old 22-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Nikki Seeker

When I had very spiritual auditory hallucinations and visions, I was diagnosed as bipolar!

Are hallucinations and visions common in meditation? I'd like to know as to have a deeper understanding as to what I experienced during my mania. Even though I ended up very unwell and hospitalised, I still like to believe the voices and visions were heaven sent - and not just 'psychosis' like my doctors tell me.