Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 18-07-2013, 03:56 AM
sarabolte

Necklaces

I heard somewhere that if you drill a hole in a crystal that they will become weaker. Is this true?
I have a turquoise necklace but the wire goes through the middle of the stone.
Old 18-07-2013, 04:15 AM
sarabolte

This may be a newbie question but thats what I am =]
C'mon guys I'd like to know!
Old 18-07-2013, 04:23 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Tumbled or cut stones do sometimes give off a weaker vibration than a raw stone. If I had to choose I would probably go with a wire wrapped tumbled stone vs a drilled stone. I would go with something like this http://heavenandearthjewelry.com/ima...etail/e808.jpg
Old 18-07-2013, 06:48 AM
Pathfinder
I looked into this quite a lot. More so the comparisons of differing bead shapes than vs natural stones/crystals.

Round beads many favor as best, and is a shape I like best.
I found that stones that were rondell shaped had better energy again.
...and faceted rondell to be a better energy than plain smooth rondell shape.

As clear smokey beads as an example, there was a better brightness and/or clarity energy with the faceted rondell beads.
Old 18-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Master
Pendants with silver bells are pretty good too. They basically have a big ol' lump of silver on the top so it conducts the energy very well. I personally have a Moldavite pendant with a silver bell and a silver wheat chain so that the energy can run through out the entire pendant and chain.
Old 18-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Likes2Read

Uma Silbey's book on crystals -- the first one I read, and still my favorite reference -- discussed alterations like the drilling of stones. She described how some forms of drilling interrupt the energy flow. For example, if there is a quartz point that is drilled side-to-side, she felt that it caused a problem with the natural energy flow of the stone (which would be to project energy from its point).

She is also the one who described how manmade alterations to stones can change the energy. For example, while a natural quartz point projects a laserlike, tight beam, a polished point (or a point fashioned entirely by humans from a larger piece of quartz) will have a softer energy. Spheres, another manmade form, will gently project energy in all directions.

There are a lot of stones out there, in jewelry form and in other shapes (sculptures, fetishes, tumblestones, etc.) that have been altered by human hands. I would recommend interacting with the individual stone, if possible, to see if its energy resonates well with YOU. If you and the stone are a good match for one another, it won't matter what kinds of alteration were made to it.
Old 18-07-2013, 11:35 PM
sarabolte

Great stuff! thanks everybody.