Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 25-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Master
Right on Moke.
Spiritlite
Old 29-06-2011, 02:21 PM
earthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
For vegetarians the best source of protein without a supplement pill is Tofu. Soy protein Tofu. Moderate exercise. If she is just starting. Then walks, or steady bike ride. But no more than she can handle. The exercise will release endorphins in the brain. She will feel a sense of well being. Exercise and proper nutrition is key. I bet you anxiety will go away as well when you treat the body correctly.

Actually, the best form of protein for a vegetarian/vegan is raw, sprouted nuts and legumes. Nuts and seeds are so easy and economical to eat and sprout. IMO, you should avoid eating processed tofu as it is not the health food that we are brainwashed into believing it is. I've known the risks of eating tofu for years now, and found the following research on the web. You can also google for yourself.

The Truth About SoyFor just a brief look at what’s really going on, consider that numerous studies have found that soy products can actually:
· Increase thyroid damage, especially in women
· Increase the risk of breast cancer in women, brain damage in both sexes, and cause abnormalities in infants
· Contribute to thyroid disorders, especially in women
· Promote kidney stones
· Weaken your immune system
· Cause severe, potentially fatal food allergies

If You Want to Benefit From Soy, Make Sure it is Fermented!Fermented soy products like tempeh, miso, natto and soybean sprouts are a much healthier choice.

If you want to get some health benefits from soy, stick to these four forms and pass on ALL processed soy milks, tofu, soy ‘burgers’, soy ‘ice cream’, soy ‘cheese’, and the myriad of other soy junk foods that are so readily disguised as health foods.

Again, just to reiterate my previous post, if its man-made or man has tampered with it, it is detrimental to your good health.
Old 29-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Master
Earthy, lately since doing my 4 miles of swimming a week, and my 3-4 hours of yoga a week I am CRAVING beans and rice..........is that because of protein? About once or twice a week I do eat salmon and I am eating nothing but fruits and vegies about 3-4 days a week.
Spiritlite.
Old 30-06-2011, 02:59 PM
earthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Earthy, lately since doing my 4 miles of swimming a week, and my 3-4 hours of yoga a week I am CRAVING beans and rice..........is that because of protein? About once or twice a week I do eat salmon and I am eating nothing but fruits and vegies about 3-4 days a week.
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite, Wow! I think you are doing absolutely fantastic and should give yourself a big pat on the back for craving really healthy foods! I’ve read that yoga has the effect of eliminating unhealthy cravings, and it has been quite true for me. I’ve been craving salads and whole grains all week! Perhaps you're craving rice and beans because they bring about a feeling of satisfaction and fullness without being too heavy on the tummy. I think the summer weather helps too!

Keep up the good work Spiritlite, you must feel so incredibly healthy!
Old 30-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Ascender

So I went jogging yesterday and walking. I'm so out of shape I could barely jog lol! But I want to do it more often, I did it with a friend so whenever I go to his house I'm going to do it because he has a track right by his house
Old 30-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Master
Lady you're heading in the right direction and it takes a long time to build endurance build your endurance everyday and before you know it you will be running miles...keep it up :)
Spiritlite.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Ascender

The thing is though, like there's a bike ride behind my house but I need someone like my friend to like push me to do the whole way. I lack motivation lol. Too bad he doesn't live close by
Old 01-07-2011, 05:44 AM
Master
You can motivate yourself set goals write them down and do them.......that's how I do it.....
Spiritlite.
I know you can do it.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Ascender

I'll try that jogging was probablly really good for my body. How much should I start out with? Like how far should I jog?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Master
I"m not a jogger but I remember a long time ago that I asked a jogger that question and he told me that to increase endurance you should aim for a time, like 10 minutes until you can handle it then up to 15 til you can handle it etc. Or maybe go for length, go a 1/4 of a mile until you feel you can go to 1/2 etc.......lets see what joggers say but that's how I would do it.....that's how I built up my endurance for swimming.
Spiritlite.