Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-12-2021, 10:17 PM
Knower

The Second Advent

Most Bible-believing Christians are familiar with the Abrahamic Covenant: Yahweh's land promise and pledge to His people, in which the Messianic savior is said to descend from the genealogical line of King David to one day rule for a thousand years on earth. (This millennial reign has yet to take place, imo.)

Scripture speaks of this covenant as being unconditional, although down throughout the ages the traditional position held by the Church and many of its various offshoots is one that has the so-called 'New Covenant' as superseding the Old one, in effect supposedly nullifying it and rendering it obsolete.

Refreshingly, not all who read God's Word and in particular the New Testament interpret it in what has been dubbed 'supersessionist' terms. Still, according to the adherents of what is termed replacement theology, the Lord God 'officially' annulled his covenant with Jacob's descendants with the destruction of the Second Temple in AD 70. But is this really the case?

One of the most profound Christian books I have read in recent years which cogently refutes the 'supersessionist' doctrine is Joel Richardson's When A Jew Rules The World (2015). (Truth be told, Richardson's entire oeuvre is quite exceptional, especially his take on the Antichrist.) The author points readers to numerous verses/passages in the Bible which clearly indicate that the 'restorationist' understanding is the one that is most biblically accurate.

Although I have somewhat moved on from much of my theocratically based upbringing, there is nevertheless a rather large part of me that is drawn to the study of biblical eschatology, with the 'restorationist' worldview the one that makes the most sense to me.

Ever since I was schooled in what I now in hindsight consider to be unbiblical end-times theology, I have never understood how the Church -- or any sect/denomination for that matter -- can regard itself as being the 'new Israel.' And yet, for the most part this line of thinking is quite common within Christendom, with one 19th-century splinter group even going so far as to proclaim themselves 'spiritual Israelites'(!) and believing the Messiah to be already ruling from heaven, no less.

It is worth noting, however, that there are a few prophecies which remain, as recorded in the Bible, that have yet to be fulfilled; the Second Advent being among them. How and when will Christ return? For numerous Christians worldwide, the year 1948, which saw the creation of the state of Israel, was evidence not of an extramundane messianic presence but of a clear and indisputable, temporal ruling-to-be (one that seemingly has also indirectly exposed false prophets).

I myself do not know exactly what to make of what took place as far as 1948 statehood is concerned. There seems to have been plenty of worldly influences involved in this creation, if this indeed was a divine doing, overall. It certainly appears on the surface to be a Bible prophecy fulfilled, especially when you hear the Christian Zionists tell it. Such Christians are passionate in their belief that their beloved Messiah will soon return to set up his throne right here on earth, most likely in Jerusalem.

Incidentally, I am also in agreement with Mr. Richardson, on what he has to say regarding the afterlife as it pertains to the greater majority of believers; that this is not some absolute spiritual dimension, an incorporeal state (for what purpose did God create the physical world, after all?), but rather one completely grounded, concrete, flesh-and-bone -- right here on a restored Earth, of plowshares and vineyards; a totally agrarian paradise of Edenic beauty. (First, Scripture tells of the reign of the Antichrist, after which, light at the end of the tunnel.)
Old 11-12-2021, 08:31 PM
Knower

The Bible, for me, really comes to life when read more as an historical rather than just a religious volume. Very real and earthly world empires are alluded to in the books written by the major prophets (i.e. Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and ancient Rome). In keeping with this literal reading of lands and peoples, referred to in Scripture, so too would it make sense that 'Israel' would likewise be a real and earthly identity as opposed to a mere symbolic, co-opted term referring to the Church of believers, with the 'Great City New Jerusalem' some golden metropolis located in heaven.

Here in modern times there is talk of Solomon's temple possibly being rebuilt in Israel -- right here on earth. Whether a Masonic project or a providential undertaking, there are Christian Zionists who feel that such a rebuilding would be another major fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

2. Thessalonians 2:4 refers to the Antichrist who will enter a temple and by his very presence in this holy place commit a most desecrating act. Obviously, this verse is not alluding to some celestial temple, as such a being as the Antichrist would not be allowed admittance into the heavenly realm in the first place, and for that matter, what need would there be for spirit creatures to construct buildings (made of what?) and places of shelter? No, to me this verse I take to mean in reference to an actual physical place of worship, as do millennialists, those who await Christ's reign on earth.

These millennialists may just be the truest of theocrats, in my opinion. It is interesting to note that the adjective theocratic, means 'the rule of God over a state.' For Christian Zionists, a theocracy was seemingly put into preparation with the creation of the nation of Israel, in 1948; this thought to be one of the major signs of Christ's presence leading up to the Second Advent. The rebuilding of a Third Temple would certainly make for another visible sign, for sure.

There are the 'supersessionists,' however, who take the term 'Israel' as applying to the Church or to their specific sectarian organization, when for 'restorationists' the Messianic Kingdom is a very real and tangible actuality in reference to one thousand years of rule by Christ in earthly Jerusalem, following the expulsion of the Antichrist from the region. According to Mr. Richardson's highly coherent & persuasive 'restorationist' worldview, believers ought to expect the final Empire that rises against Yahweh's primary witnesses (those identified at Isaiah 43:10,12) to be just as earthly as the preceding empires were.

That the Second Advent will be visible, just as the signs of Christ's presence, has strong support in Scripture. At Acts 1:11, Christ himself tells of his return as being just as the Ascension -- meaning, in a glorified, transfigured body, free of corruption.

At Revelation 1:7 the Bible speaks of the Second Advent being seen by all. Whereas antichrist-tricksters might use holographic images to simulate an early version of this in an attempt to deceive people into accepting a false savior, the visibility of the actual Second Advent could be made possible nowadays with our modern-day technology, as with online broadcasts capable of being seen worldwide.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:32 PM
Master
F.G. -
"Incidentally, I am also in agreement with Mr. Richardson, on what he has to say regarding the afterlife as it pertains to the greater majority of believers; that this is not some absolute spiritual dimension, an incorporeal state."
---------------------------
Ask yourself this, F.G., why did Jesus call the devil "the ruler of this world"?
St. Paul declared him "the god of this age"?

Because of our organic situation? Since the Fall?

Don't you share the same survival instinct with all other animals?
And, the same Ego?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-12-2021, 12:14 PM
Master
Found Goat,
I guess your question might be answered at its due time.

Till then, we wait.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜