Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 03-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Tried my first meditation earlier, not sure how successful it was

So ive been researching meditation alot before i do it and i woke up this morning ready to give it a go but im just not sure it was a good session. I tried to visualize as best i could but it was meh, i did feel a very slight tingle for a few moments at the perineum not very long, id give myself a 4/10 but i guess it requires practice like with everything.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Ascender
Ahaha marking yourself out of ten? Bit harsh isn't it lol. How about ten out of ten for effort? My early meditation was essentially me relaxing.. thinking I was meditating when I wasn't lol. Keep at it, try different things.. but mostly don't be so harsh on yourself. Relax and enjoy :)
Old 03-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfk88
So ive been researching meditation alot before i do it and i woke up this morning ready to give it a go but im just not sure it was a good session. I tried to visualize as best i could but it was meh, i did feel a very slight tingle for a few moments at the perineum not very long, id give myself a 4/10 but i guess it requires practice like with everything.

It took me 3 months of daily practice to get my body to be still .....
9 months for the mind to quiet its endless chatter ...>!!!!

Thats when it really started to OPEN up to me!

Visions ..... Astral Projections ..... whatever you are ready for just happens!

But the Best thing is simply the PEACE you FEEL and thus become finally Peaceful and your inner war ends ~
Old 03-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Ahaha marking yourself out of ten? Bit harsh isn't it lol. How about ten out of ten for effort? My early meditation was essentially me relaxing.. thinking I was meditating when I wasn't lol. Keep at it, try different things.. but mostly don't be so harsh on yourself. Relax and enjoy :)
I don't grade out of harshness but moreso just to help myself and other people get a grasp of what level I'm at ��
Old 03-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
It took me 3 months of daily practice to get my body to be still .....
9 months for the mind to quiet its endless chatter ...>!!!!

Thats when it really started to OPEN up to me!

Visions ..... Astral Projections ..... whatever you are ready for just happens!

But the Best thing is simply the PEACE you FEEL and thus become finally Peaceful and your inner war ends ~
I cannot wait to be at that point!! So exciting, how often would you say I should be practicing meditation a day?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Master

Meditation has been compared to throwing stones into a river. Every time we meditate it is like throwing in another stone. It disappears into the water and sinks to the bottom, with apparently no obvious effect. But then one day we discover that we have built a bridge of stones and we can walk across to the other side.

Peace.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Pathfinder

The thing with meditation is that there is nothing to it. I learned this and it's made a big difference. There is no "one" way to meditate. It could even be from painting or through music. But with relaxed meditation, you're mind may wonder....TOTALLY normal! You're human (just a guess ;)). The more you practice the easier it gets to quiet your mind! Trust whatever messages, images, or anything else you receive during this quiet time. start out with something simple like 10 min a day and increase it. It's similar to starting guitar...you'll get frustrated if you do too much at once. But it's really a simple thing that just takes practice. You'll naturally increase your time spent the more comfortable you are with it. But don't beat yourself up, not even rating yourself or meditation is beneficial. Let it go and be one with the flow!
Old 04-06-2017, 02:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Both of you just gave me the best advice I've ever gotten about this, thank you!! Much appreciated!
Old 04-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfk88
Both of you just gave me the best advice I've ever gotten about this, thank you!! Much appreciated!

Just reading your post helped to remind myself of this! I'm trying to make meditation a regular time thing for me and it's good to see what others are going through with it, also. Feel free to keep us posted :). Best wishes!
Old 04-06-2017, 06:57 AM
Guide
When I first started meditating I was a bit lost and didn't know what to do so I looked up guided meditations and they were indeed very helpful. Now since I've been meditating it's getting easier over time and sometimes I still go back to guided meditations. They're extremely helpful and their voices are very relaxing to listen too.

Now I simply meditation and do different ways to meditate which people have linked me which was helpful. You can also get books off of Amazon on your Kindle if you have one. Meditation for beginners would be a good place to start if you're still confused. Or you can simply order books on Amazon or find them at you're local library or at a bookstore.

The more you meditate I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Trust me. You'll get there!