Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 08-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Greybeard

Neptune, the Planet of Fog

Neptune is the planet of OBLIGATION. It shows bondage and escape, dependence, abnormality, unhealthy self-indulgence, confusion and blurring, dissolution and formlessness. The planet shows a conscious intensification of experience on the subjective side, and a willingness to suffer the pain or discomfort of spirit by which each individual may achieve a universal and immortal place in the greater whole.

Among all of the ten planets, Neptune is the hardest to describe because it deals with things that are myterious in nature, with the ethereal essence of things, things that are unconscious and sensed rather than seen, with things that shift shape and form and are insubstantial or intangible. It has to do with irreality, illusion, imagination, deception, delusion, and fantasy. It is the least earthy of all the planets.

In horary astrology, where the planets are frequently called upon to represent things, Neptune is gases and mists, oils and essences of all kinds (such as perfumes, drugs both noxious and healing, flavorings) all places of seclusion and isolation (such as hospitals, prisons, asylums, wild and lonely places), anesthetics and anesthesia (and thus absence of sensation or feeling, cessation of pain, and all things which produce such states), states of insanity or disconnectedness from reality (and visions, hallucinations, dreams), all things watery or of the sea (and also still, deep waters, marshes and swamps, and polluted waters), large corporate bodies and other things whose true nature is hidden behind a facade. Neptune represents all things which are subtitutes, copies or images of the real thing, such as prosthetic devices, photographs, mirages, counterfeits, replicas and surrogates.

Neptune is rootless, drifting, penetrates and passes through borders and boundaries, brings austerity and abnegation, is subtle and works through disguise, is highly sensitive to every nuance, and is the glitter that so often is not gold. Things falling under Neptune's sway are not what they seem to be.

If Neptune is powerful or prominent in a natal horoscope, which represents a person, then that person will tend to display the characteristics of the planet of Mystery very prominently. The temperament will be artistic; poetic, idealistic, highly imaginative, other-worldly and very sensitive to the pain and suffering in this world, understanding and forgiving of the weaknesses of others, subject to addictions or states of dependence in some form, possibly displaying a sense of being lost at sea -- uncertain, insecure -- perhaps willing to sacrifice the self to some ideal or consideration larger-than-self, a martyr. This person is apt to hold to spiritual aspirations, seeking union with something beyond the self. A loss of the ego in one form or another will present itself (in either a positive or negative sense, and perhaps both will appear at different stages of the life), They may be subject to domination by vague and nameless fears, or blessed with the simple faith that kills fear. Life is prone to be somewhat chaotic or disordered. There is an ability to inspire others.

It would take a book to describe Neptune, but maybe this will give us some idea of the possibilities. Because of its vague, sensitive nature and the varied forms of expression of which Neptune is capable, proper interpretation of its significance in any chart will depend to a very large extent on the rest of the chart.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Osian

Great post thank you. My neptune is in saggi & all i got from it was 'Likes long voyages, things foreign water. Neptune in 3rd house (apparently) has a lot of imagination, high ideals. nostalgic. Dry, cold facts are hard to absorb, so traditional academics might not appeal.

when you say 'a willingness to suffer the pain or discomfort of spirit by which each individual may achieve a universal and immortal place in the greater whole.' and what would it suggest to you neptune being in saggi? just curious.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Master
I have a completely different view of Neptune. The mists of the illusory mind only veil the spiritual essence of existence and of ourselves. Once this is known within oneself Neptune plays quite a different role in one's chart and one's life.

Xan

Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Greybeard

I doubt that we are in any sort of disagreement. Would you care to tell us your view of Neptune?

Also, Neptune is in one sign for about 14 years, so "Neptune in Sagittarius" has little meaning until its proper role in the individual chart is determined.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:05 AM
RisenPhoenix

On February 3rd Neptune left its 14-year transit in Aquarius. I'm a Libra so it has been in my 5th house for the last 14 years. It is now in Pisces for the next 14 years which is my 6th house. I welcome this shift with open arms. Pisces is ruled by Neptune, so it's 'returned home' so to speak.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:08 AM
RisenPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse lover
Great post thank you. My neptune is in saggi & all i got from it was 'Likes long voyages, things foreign water. Neptune in 3rd house (apparently) has a lot of imagination, high ideals. nostalgic. Dry, cold facts are hard to absorb, so traditional academics might not appeal.

when you say 'a willingness to suffer the pain or discomfort of spirit by which each individual may achieve a universal and immortal place in the greater whole.' and what would it suggest to you neptune being in saggi? just curious.

My Neptune is also in Sag...because of Neptunes long transit, its placement is broad and covers a generation. Heres what one site said about us..

Neptune in Sagittarius.
You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Osian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisenPhoenix
My Neptune is also in Sag...because of Neptunes long transit, its placement is broad and covers a generation. Heres what one site said about us..

Neptune in Sagittarius.
You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."

Thanks, i'm a libra too so i'm guessing the same applies. I would say i can totally relate to what you have said especially extreme ideals met with gusto.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Greybeard

What is most important about Neptune during its transit through the heavens are those times when an aspect is formed to natal planets. Even minor aspects can bring important life-events or states of mind.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Kaceykat

I'm soon to have Neptune conjunct my Chiron =8-0

I'm expecting to do a lot of crying & healing, but over which triggers, remains to be seen! Oh well hopefully when it's over, some old wounds will be washed away in God's grace?
Old 19-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Greybeard

Chiron is an irregularly shaped tiny rock with an irregular and highly unstable orbit. What gives it such a powerful astrological influence? Its only claim to fame is that it was the first of the Satyrs to be discovered. It might be considered significant because its orbit ranges from that of Saturn to that of Uranus, and be seen as a messenger or connecting body. But why do we use this otherwise insignificant and erratic thing in our charts?

Its supposed meaning (the healer) was taken solely from its name, as related to mythology, and mythology is NOT the source of astrological significance. Astronomical fact IS.

If I were to use any of the asteroids -- and I do not -- it would be Ceres. It also has the distinction of being the first discovered, is the largest of its class, has a stable orbit, and is a spheroid and not just space debris.

Before 1781 astrologers used only 7 planets and they did some very amazing things with them. They also used the Moon's nodes, and the various Parts to a greater or lesser extent. That was their whole toolbox.

The power of astrology lies in its simplicity. It resolves the entire universe into 7 types of energy, symbolized by the planets. If we need a "healing" planet we have Jupiter, and can use Venus as well. Even the Moon has a hand in healing. Why do we need a pebble to tell us about that, why another planet?

If it works for you, use it. But I suggest you keep a personal journal, a diary, and see if passages over or by Chiron have noticeable effects. And in noting those effects, if any, pay attention to the possibility that they are explained by passages of the traditional planets.

An astrologer should constantly test the tools he uses. I was recently engaged in a discussion among astrologers as to whether the transits of Pluto produce noticeable effects. Some astrologers discount Pluto entirely and say that it does not bring events into the life. If an astrologer does not see a planet as effective, he should eliminate it from his tool kit.

I have never used Chiron, for the reasons I set out above and because I see it as superfluous. Therefore I have no experience with it. But my guess is that events attributed to Chiron can be found by more traditional means.