Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Master

Biology and spirituality

Biology is spiritual. It's not something separate, like there's this hard thing called matter and then there's a separate thing called spirituality. It seems that way to us though, we can touch and things feel dense, but that's just the way the brain percieves it. We can see particles and waves, but again, they're just a creation in the mind.

And furthmore, how can there be a spiritual experience without someone to experience it? If there were no one to experience the spiritual, how could it be? It's a perception on a deep biological level through feelings and emotion. How can we get in touch with ourselves, with our true nature, without feeling it?

Not just a feeling like something touching the skin, although I hesitate to say that. But what I mean is it's a deeper feeling, an intuition, a knowing. We have an organ called the brian that tells us we're feeling something. The thought, or the feeling I have rather, is that biology is very spiritual, it's the origin of the spiritual and a vast untapped resource for advancing spirituality.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Eelco

Your physical biology is the physical expression of who you are.
It only stands to reason that all biology is the expression of spiritual forces.

Consciousness in biology depends heavily on biological conditions to come to awareness. That said however. the mystics and specifically the Buddha speak of a consciousness that transcends all conditioned consciousness. So there's probably a spiritual experience out there that doesn't need a biological counterpart. I am unsure if that is true the other way around.

You may like the work of Bruce Lipton by the way. A biologist with a few interesting theories..

With Love
Eelco
Old 04-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Master

There are powerful exercises one can do with the hands, eyes and voice that give a spiritual experience, discovered by ancient Rishis who worked on it for thousands of years and had an understanding of the subtletys of the nervous system that modern science doesn't. They change the brain and bring inner healing and joy to life.

It's also being discovered that childhood trauma is key to understanding why people have so many of the problems they do today. The biology, namely the nervous system, and how it stores trauma has been a neglected subject by both modern science and spiritulity. People are finding the key to happiness in understanding and healing their trauma, which we all seem to have.

It feels like understanding our bodies is key to spiritual advancment, not just individualiy, but for chaning our troubled world. We're always looking for something 'out there'. But what if it's right here?
Old 04-05-2017, 10:12 PM
Master

The Emotional Sense: Reclaiming the Voice of the Spirit

http://www.iras.org/peil.html
Old 04-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
It only stands to reason that all biology is the expression of spiritual forces.

Consciousness in biology depends heavily on biological conditions to come to awareness. That said however. the mystics and specifically the Buddha speak of a consciousness that transcends all conditioned consciousness. So there's probably a spiritual experience out there that doesn't need a biological counterpart. I am unsure if that is true the other way around.

You may like the work of Bruce Lipton by the way. A biologist with a few interesting theories..

With Love
Eelco
Thanks, I'll check out Bruce Lipton. I guess what I'm questioning really is the demonization of the body/emotions in spirituality. I'm starting to wonder if it's in fact key to it.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Thanks, I'll check out Bruce Lipton. I guess what I'm questioning really is the demonization of the body/emotions in spirituality. I'm starting to wonder if it's in fact key to it.

I wanted to say something because you've been talking about this general topic in a lot of different places and personally, I very much like that you are on to this

I like to think of the emotions/body feelings as a connection to energy... in interacting with it you interact with universe forces the same way as if you pick up a hammer you can hammer a nail. But we all try to get the emotions we want and are used to, or to be driven by other emotions that we are used to being driven by... and it is like a smoke screen that keeps us from learning anything real about the possibilities or even that there may *be* possibilities. If you want maybe this situation has something to do with God saying things like 'they have the semblance of being gods, yet none of the power'.

But that is just me
Old 05-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl

With Love
Eelco

I lean to the spiritual not physical otherwise to look at the physical as the expression might imply when the body dies conscious energy is formed and locked as the body's emotion and the body creates a permeate consciousness the body had. I'm aware change happens relative to the physical in time and even as one's feeling changes, it is not permanent. Now is so relative. Personally I think many acts precipitated are based on cause. Cause and effect. Not even religion hold this view. I think the expression of the body is not permanent but is it permanent to the spirit, being good I mean. I think we think it is. Cause and effect shows us that but that is a guessed pattern and we predict it.

I don't see this place as a one stop, one shop place, it can't be because of the role random chance plays. Many can be sad or angry because of their circumstances. Without the body I know, I feel I could be the most easy going spirit there is, like I wish I could be here.

I've asked about spirits before ghosts and such that remain negative. A negative person becomes a negative spirit. It might be consciousness is infinite, having many existent consciousnesses all interacting together, a family of many. As humans can change can spiritual forces change. What on earth would be a spiritual temptation be to a spirit. I have no idea here.

Like Lipton's work a lot. He's cutting edge for sure. I think of biology only as a life force. What I am aware of basic to the expression can be seen in the morales of human beings and how the morales of man exceed those of God. I've always seen this, this expression you speak of.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:05 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Biology is spiritual. It's not something separate, like there's this hard thing called matter and then there's a separate thing called spirituality. It seems that way to us though, we can touch and things feel dense, but that's just the way the brain percieves it. We can see particles and waves, but again, they're just a creation in the mind.
I do agree with you, but I'd like to point out something that may help you fine tune your reasoning.

You're comparing the physical body (and object) to spirituality (a concept / way of being).. and these two things don't really relate. What I think you mean is the physical body and the soul / subtle bodies.

There's a juxtaposition between these two things. Just like we have ocean and land, with a beach where the two substances co-exist. There are parts of our bodies where the physical and our other bodies (that make up our soul) co-exist; the chakras. These allow information / energy to transfer between our bodies, so we can be aware of sensations (among other things) of our subtle bodies while being conscious within our physical body (and vice versa under the right circumstances).

Also, the way the brain behaves is essentially similar to how our mind behaves within our subtle bodies.. when we astral travel, visual information is processed in similar ways within our astral body to how it is processed within the physical brain. By this I mean, the colour 'red' remains consistent whether we use our physical or astral senses.

In terms of science, it's pretty accurate to say that we don't truly know the world around us.. it's all interpretations of matter (photons reaching our retinas, for example) based on how our brains function. But this is mostly a philosophical conversation because it doesn't really amount to much otherwise. Is there some inherent value in seeing the world as 'just a creation in the mind'..? Or is it better to accept that we perceive the world in a specific way that's ideal for our development?

Personally, I don't really mind that my reality.. or the way I experience life is different from other beings. The universe exists for each of us equally.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:55 AM
Master

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I like to think of the emotions/body feelings as a connection to energy... in interacting with it you interact with universe forces the same way as if you pick up a hammer you can hammer a nail.

That's a cool idea!

Quote:
But we all try to get the emotions we want and are used to, or to be driven by other emotions that we are used to being driven by... and it is like a smoke screen that keeps us from learning anything real about the possibilities or even that there may *be* possibilities.
Emotions can be distressfull. I think all emotions are natural to what we're experiencing in life.

A baby that has a distant mother learns to soothe itself, but the heart rate is faster than a baby with a nurturing mother. Then as an adult experiences anxiety and all kinds of difficult emotions related to attachment.

I think it's a good idea to look at why we're experiencing emotions and learn to allow them to come up throughout the process of healing. They're just a natural reaction to present circumstances.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Master

Quote:

A baby that has a distant mother learns to soothe itself, but the heart rate is faster than a baby with a nurturing mother. Then as an adult experiences anxiety and all kinds of difficult emotions related to attachment.

I think it's a good idea to look at why we're experiencing emotions and learn to allow them to come up throughout the process of healing. They're just a natural reaction to present circumstances.

You bring up a very interesting point of discussion, something in us has a plan already. The body knows what to do just as nature does. I'm in awe where we spend time arguing but as the example shows the body does not. How is it the body knows to do this stuff. This is also the bases of what defines right. If we could think like the body knowing would we know more able to put it into words. We already have information the body knows. Cause and effect may also be somewhat predetermined having a logic to them.