Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 14-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Master
Why sit there for this daily ritual? Did someone say you should do this thing and it will bring you some greatest wonderment? What promises of reward lies in your future and who exactly tempted you?

If I were to say the exersize is pointless and will bring no reward who would visit my ashram? But why is it one meditates? What hope and expectation? What purpose? How does this serve me?

Try yourself to take a straight spined posture and remain motionless there. I can promise you in 20 minutes something will begin to hurt, in 40 minutes it will become quite painful and in one hour you will pray "please stop, please enough, I can take this pain no longer."
Old 14-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Lisa

I've heard that meditation work runs a tight schedule which has to be maintained properly.

But I've also heard many things.

ahhhhh
Old 15-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
I've heard that meditation work runs a tight schedule which has to be maintained properly.

But I've also heard many things.

ahhhhh

I think a schedule is best. Then the time comes ya just do it, otherwize it's like 'I don't really feel like it right now' and it isn't done. There's a good benefit in scheduling the time. It depends, is it antual practice? If it's practice it should just be a practice, no different to practicing the piano, doing the daily exersize, going some class or what have you.

If it is not a practice... that's different, like eating isn't really a practice but it tends to follow a schedule anyway and sleeping isn't apractice but we tend to have a bedtime and a time to get up. Planting the corn isn't a practice but we have to do it at the same time every year.

Even the body works like that. It'd be a laugh if the heart just didn't feel like a regular schedule and whenever haphazzardly. Maybe the sun will suddenly change its schedule.
Old 15-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Master
Oh yeah, what was I saying? The pointlessness of it all... like another thing... what point is there in practicing the piano? What point is the sun trying to acheive sitting there burning? What point is the heart beating? All these things... what was promised them that they do what they do, that tempts them to play or burn or pump blood?
Old 16-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Master
Thanks for stopping by Lisa. Sorry I don't much of any relevance, I thought I would have something insightful to say straight after meditating but as it turns out I don't. I only have shallow things to say really, because meditation for me can be pleasant, but it's not about what is pleasant and there are other elements which are unpleasant, but see, these things that are pleasant and unpleasant aren't important, nor are they even relevent to this meditation thing... pleasure comes then it goes and for a while it hurts then something else and on and on all that stuff, here it comes, there it goes.

You know that song 'the fool on the hill'? That's closer to what this thing is.
Old 16-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Lisa

yeah, I know the song, the fool says, "there were birds on a hill- but I never heard them singing, no I never heard them at all, till there was you."
Old 17-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
yeah, I know the song, the fool says, "there were birds on a hill- but I never heard them singing, no I never heard them at all, till there was you."

There was love all around.... la la la la la la la la.
Old 18-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Master
If one is ready for this there is no difference in the value of pleasure or pain, and the experience may just be what it is, to enter what lies secretly in pandora's box, as meditation is either a flacid imaginary game or the blatant staring into the phsyche's reality.

Reminds me of the Village people.

"Body body, wanna feel wanna feel my body baby"...
Old 18-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Lisa

heeheehee- you crack me up. you really are a gem.

you are a meditation

people take my eyes
Old 19-06-2011, 04:16 AM
Master
The meditation, what it is, not any hopes, but what it actually is, can not avoid discomfort, which is easy to demonsrate by sitting perfectly still like the fool on the hill... the point is really a realization that the fly on my face will wander there for a time then will be gone, so the fool only watches, and the mind remains the same by knowing that this light bliss will soon pass to the same degree as the pain which preceeded it.

After a time, like a two hour sitting, aches and pains become quite prominant in the body and one notices the mind reacting to that with a terrible aversion, but this is all the object of observation, the observer is a seperate thing... and where ones say there is no seperation it must be realized that the mind is observed in the same way the body is observed and I am not those... There is always two affairs, the one that watches and passing parade watched. That distinction will be arguable to non-dualists... but I am not the thought.

It's the way it is... Now enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l-YYqjhVi4