Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Knower
Fears about astral projecting/OBE

Hello.

First I'd like to say that I know we astral project every night while we sleep. The other night I tried astral projecting and managed to get my arms out of my physical body, but then my fears kicked in.

I have heard many stories about people getting attacked while astral projecting and running into evil entities and such. I also have heard about entities trying to take over people's bodies while AP. Then there are threads i have read saying that AP is normal and harmless.

I would love to AP or have an OBE, but not if there are any chances of getting harmed.

Comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Master

There is no chance that you will get harmed. I would advise you not to read anything that is negative about ap. I know people will disagree with me. You will have to make up your own mind. I would advise you to think of good thoughts while you are aping. If you keep thinking and reading about negativity, it will only make things worse for you. I am starting to fear it with all the negativity that I see around the place. I do not want to be like that. I will not read anything more about negative things. There are ways to help you with fear and that is imagine you are surrounded by light and nothing can hurt you. Someone suggested to pray. Do anything that will help you to feel better and stay safe. If there are entities taking over peoples bodies while they ap, they would be doing it every night when we are sleeping so I would not worry about it.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Knower
Thank you, that definitely makes me feel a little better. Perhaps i'll try AP again when i'm more comfortable.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Knower
I made a mistake by reading an article that talks about getting hurt while AP. i was looking for something that reassured me that i wouldn't get hurt, instead I found one that said it is possible.

Great, now i'll never be able to AP with a clear mind. haha
Old 03-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindOfLullaby
Hello.

First I'd like to say that I know we astral project every night while we sleep. The other night I tried astral projecting and managed to get my arms out of my physical body, but then my fears kicked in.

I have heard many stories about people getting attacked while astral projecting and running into evil entities and such. I also have heard about entities trying to take over people's bodies while AP. Then there are threads i have read saying that AP is normal and harmless.

I would love to AP or have an OBE, but not if there are any chances of getting harmed.

Comments are greatly appreciated.

There is no way anything can take over your body unless you either invite them to do so, or mettle in things you probably should not. Astral projection not being one of those things, it's far more natural than most people are even aware. That's not to say that nothing bad can happen to you, things surely can whether it's a scary experience that leaves you shaken or deception leading to psychic vampirism. It's all possible but not something you need to worry about, it's probably about as likely to happen during a projection as it is a dream. For some reason though spirits/entities can tell the difference between a lucid projector, and a non-lucid one who is dreaming and unaware of the fact they are dreaming. And so this will shape spirit's behaviors towards us being that they know we are conscious. There are parts of the planes conscious projectors are not wanted nor welcomed and I believe this is what leads to a lot of people's bad and scary experiences. The spirits whom call the astral home want to scare them out of returning and are simply protecting their home just as anyone would protect their home in the physical world if they went walking in their own home and found a random intruder carelessly tromping around in the living room with no clue what damage they are causing the external enviroment.

With that said though it must be known fear is not a good thing to arise during a projection. Even though some spirits will try their absolute best to scare you, you can get to a point mentally where no matter how hard they try and no matter what they do you just cannot be scared by them. This is the ideal point to be at when you really begin to astral project very often, you want to have conquered that fear. Unfortunately for most people it's going to take a bunch of scary experiences before they grow thick enough skin to not be scared. But a good place to start would be to think deeply about what you are really scared of, identify it and then read up and research everything possible about your fears. Knowledge is power and you should take advantage of that, if fears are arising and you haven't even encountered any spirits yet you have a ways to go. Not saying that in a bad negative way, I just think it would be smart to take your time at this point and let things unfold naturally at their own pace instead of jumping into astral projection with unresolved fears.

The astral planes are literally a city full of spirits so of course some of those spirits aren't going to be the nicest of guys. Some of them are simply misunderstood and as I stated earlier they are just trying to protect their home. It's very rare that you run into a spirit that wants to scare you, harm you, take advantage of you, and only negative things of that nature. It happens and they certainly do exist but that is an extreme nature of spirits and so it is quite rare. Most spirits are somewhere in the middle, they will prank you and scare you and then 10 seconds later take you to a wonderful location in the astral that you couldn't of found yourself. Spirits are skilled in the astral and no matter their nature they take advantage of that skill to either impress us, amuse us, scare us, decieve us, the reasons are unlimited honestly. I am sure when I die from this life I will linger around in the planes for quite some time doing similar things before I decide to pass over into the higher-planes. If you need to know anything else, feel free to ask.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Master

Quote:
I made a mistake by reading an article that talks about getting hurt while AP. i was looking for something that reassured me that i wouldn't get hurt, instead I found one that said it is possible.

Great, now i'll never be able to AP with a clear mind. haha
I have never been hurt in the astral. I have crashed into the ocean, got run over by a train and I have gone through walls. I did not get hurt was because I did not allow it to. I did not think about it. Occasionally I hear that someone got hurt. When they are back into their body again they are fine. There is more danger in the physical than in the astral. In the astral it is a lot safer than here. In the physical you can really get hurt.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator
Remember that there are loving Presences in the astral who will help -who want to help. They are only an attunement away -not any distance. Just a "tuning" of your heart energies.
If you raise love in your heart as you are preparing to ap, or as you go out of body this will surround you and attract helpful presences. It will attune you to 'higher' (or finer) vibratory patterns.

I have read all sorts of things about astral projection. Yes there are some people who have to experience great challenges because that is their work, or destiny. But not everyone has necessarily to experience those things.
It is likely you will encounter unusual things, but that is because you will be moving outside of the 3rd dimension, where the laws of "physics" work in a totally different way, and things are very fluidic. Also different Beings live on these astral levels, at all levels of spiritual development. Some of them may appear unusual.
But the love-energy is a universal Law. It automatically raises vibrations, and raises you 'on the planes'.

I have also read ridiculous things written by fear-mongers (such as your physical body can get possessed while you are out of it....that 'bad' entities can sever your astral 'silver cord'....that it's possible to get lost out there and not find your way back!) And all such stuff. Let me tell you this is all B/S!
There is simply nothing that can sever the silver cord except physical death caused by bodily trauma, accident, or grave illness. It is also impossible to 'get lost' out there! While you live, the physical body will always exert a tremendous magnetic pull. You will find it harder to stay out of body than you will ever find it hard to get back!
It really makes me wonder who writes this stuff, and whether they have any experience at all!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Remember that there are loving Presences in the astral who will help -who want to help. They are only an attunement away -not any distance. Just a "tuning" of your heart energies.
If you raise love in your heart as you are preparing to ap, or as you go out of body this will surround you and attract helpful presences. It will attune you to 'higher' (or finer) vibratory patterns.

I have read all sorts of things about astral projection. Yes there are some people who have to experience great challenges because that is their work, or destiny. But not everyone has necessarily to experience those things.
It is likely you will encounter unusual things, but that is because you will be moving outside of the 3rd dimension, where the laws of "physics" work in a totally different way, and things are very fluidic. Also different Beings live on these astral levels, at all levels of spiritual development. Some of them may appear unusual.
But the love-energy is a universal Law. It automatically raises vibrations, and raises you 'on the planes'.

I have also read ridiculous things written by fear-mongers (such as your physical body can get possessed while you are out of it....that 'bad' entities can sever your astral 'silver cord'....that it's possible to get lost out there and not find your way back!) And all such stuff. Let me tell you this is all B/S!
There is simply nothing that can sever the silver cord except physical death caused by bodily trauma, accident, or grave illness. It is also impossible to 'get lost' out there! While you live, the physical body will always exert a tremendous magnetic pull. You will find it harder to stay out of body than you will ever find it hard to get back!
It really makes me wonder who writes this stuff, and whether they have any experience at all!

I have ended projections after several minutes of traveling incredibly fast away from my body. Make no mistake your astral body can and does get trapped outside of your physical body in these situations. Sometimes if I go right to sleep I will get teleported right to where I ended the projection, or somewhere near. Just like if you passed out in the physical world beings can and will pick you up and help you, or hold you down and rob you. Similar stuff can happen in the astral of course no one is going to rob you, but they can do things to you in these cases. Nothing that I have noticed any lasting effects though, typically it will just lead into a long night of getting harrassed by spirits. Nothing I'm not used to at this point but some nights or some of these experiences can be better and some can be worse. Another thing I have noticed is on occasion when my astral body gets trapped outside my physical body can actually feel them touching my astral body somehow, it's interesting and annoying at the same time honestly.

Something I have noticed though is screaming for guides, angels, help etc. once you are already in the planes seems pointless for the most part. I compare it to screaming for help in the middle of a freeway during rush hour. Entities are going to hear you but rarely stop and help you. Once you are inside of the astral planes you are going to want to be able to be as self-reliant as possible because it's very rare that anyone is going to come to your aid no matter the situation. I have had it happen once or twice that someone actually helped me and they just happened to be around when I needed the help. Typically no one is going to come to your aid no matter what type of being they are. Angels rarely get involved in these matters for one reason or another. Probably so you can learn how to defend and protect yourself and don't need to cry like a baby everytime something bothers you. If angels appeared everytime someone had an issue in the astral they would never stop helping and each one would need to clone itself several thousands or million times for this to be possible.

So self-reliance is a great skill in the astral you need to know how to defend yourself, how to protect yourself, and how to act if and when the **** hits the fan. Because if you frequent the astral planes as much as I do it's going to hit the fan at one point or another, just as if you walk around in the heart of a city in the evening you are bound to run into some type of problem eventually. The astral is exactly the same way. Anyone who spends an immense amount of time in the astral is going to eventually have a negative experience or two. It's not whether you're going to have them or not that's important, it's how you deal with these experiences and how you do or do not allow them to effect your future experiences. If you are not prepared one bad experience could ruin months or even years of projections, preparation and education are some of the best tools you should be bringing with you into the astral.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:

Some people are unlucky, other people are very unlucky, and still others are lucky. Just like with in-body life, a person could get hit by a stray bullet while crossing the road to get a carton of eggs from the convenience store-- That doesn't stop people from moving to the inner city or baking cookies or walking to convenience stores.

And unlike with in-body life, where you can tell yourself that drive-by shootings wouldn't happen in the country, or that it hasn't happened in this area for several months, and now that it has that person will be arrested... nobody really knows how the astral works.

So, just because your ego is experiencing a lack of body, does not mean that your body is experiencing such a lack of ego that it must siphon in any other ego out there. It sounds logical, but only with the paradigm of the behavior of material. We know how the material world works. Water flows out of the glass, leaving an empty glass. We do not know how the astral works.

We do not know how the astral works.

We don't.

Are there astral attackers waiting for you to come out? Is the astral world around you both unseen and dangerous to the seers? Nobody knows that. Nobody knows why, if so.

And it was this yearning to at least know why (combined with the fact that I never felt safe in-body, anyway) that led me to pursue OBE's, just so that I, personally, would know. So, I pushed for it anyway. And I'm still myself and still alive. I think that channeling or "horsing" other entities are not at all related to having an OBE. I think that astral travel is not usual and not completely safe. I still do it. I like to fly.

So, I would advise the same for you: instead of focusing on the dangers and fears, focus on why you want to do this. If you don't find anything on the positive side like that, then... you can make a better-informed choice. Because your wants are here and now while your fears are out there maybe. (And I don't always advise this, I mean, some people's fears are here and now while their wants are out there maybe.)

Hope this helps!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:51 PM
SelfGuided

Mykindoflullaby, congrats on the new sensations you are experiencing. Astral projection is not all peaches and cream yet it is not a house full of horrors. It can be both or neither. Many get attacked, many do not. It depends on the experiences your own higher self is willing to permit right now. The more you are willing to learn, the more you are likely to be shown. There are many methods to protect oneself while in the astrals. People DO get attacked, as that is their path, others have no necessity for that experience and never experience an attack. If you develop your astral abilities enough, you will venture into areas that require protection. We are more powerful than we realize, but that usually needs to be unlocked. I would only suggest to use gold light when you feel an attack, to surround yourself with it and see the results of how you are left alone. Using white light is a beacon for dark energies. Many real shamans understand this as they sometimes have to venture into dark places during soul retrievals. One of my favorite books to recommend is titled "astral travel: your guide to the secrets of out of the body experiences" by Gavin and Yvonne Frost. The more knowledge you gain, the more your fears will subside.