Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Sangress

True, Lovely.

Age is just a perception in the end. Mean's nothing to someone whose never considered it. It's made-up. A bit like the concept of time really.

I tend to forget that pretty often lately, being the same physical "age" as the OP with the usual legal and (sometimes) social limitations and all.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:41 PM
SheaElaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
..or that perhaps you are naturally more in touch with yourself and those around you, not necessarily emotionally or mentally, but simply that you know your own place in the world already (even subconsciously) and as a result, you are calm and content enough to pay attention to things others do not and find a way of life other people your physical age would never consider.

I like that! :] That's a good way of thinking about it, in my opinion.

There's so many different ways describing an "old soul", I'm glad I got to hear everybody else's thoughts. It sounds like people for the most part disagree with the concept.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:33 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaElaine
I like that! :] That's a good way of thinking about it, in my opinion.

There's so many different ways describing an "old soul", I'm glad I got to hear everybody else's thoughts. It sounds like people for the most part disagree with the concept.

To me an "old soul" is merely one who has lived many lives and therefore reached some modicum of wisdom. That level can be reached in a single lifetime if a person is so inclined..! But for most it takes repetious learning and growing before we "get" it
Old 12-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Iskandar

If you were an 'old soul' as it were, you would probably prefer the company of other old souls, old people would not necessarily be old souls.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Rumar

Iskandar is right, just because you're old as anything, doesn't mean you're an old soul, there's many of us here who have reincarnated from millenias ago and yet the oldest members here are only on their first life time.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Master
Quote:
My entire life, I've heard it over and over again. I can chock it up to maturity. Everyone has a different level of it, people all are different, blah blah. Except sometimes I feel like there is something different. Like I've done it all before, seen it before. I distinctly remember strange feelings as a child, where I would look around and know that I couldn't just trust in the innocence of the world, because of some sense of seeing the wrong in it already, despite having a perfectly normal and supportive childhood. I feel much more at ease with the older generations, and "vintage" music, arts, etc. All of these things could have perfectly rational explanations, but I'm curious.

Can someone tell me more about the concept of "old souls?" Does it directly link with reincarnation? Is there some way I can know more about my past if it is true for me?

I study the Kryon material and it talks about old souls quite a bit. You could define it as the number of reincarnations that you have had as a human.

This information from Kryon is extensive. There are some 15 books and hundreds of on-line channeled information available with almost as many audio recordings. There is an overlap in that most of the last few years are audio recorded with some of that material converted to a written and re-channeled article.
http://www.kryon.com/k_25.html

The last book 12 was about our energetic layers of DNA. I suspect it will become a classic like the Seth material. It brings science and spiritual principals together. If I were to pick 1 Kryon message that would help you with your questions, it would be this one.
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_berkeleysprings_.html

Quote:

Changing Your Way of Thinking
The energy around you is changing and it's necessary for you to change your perceptions of what is around you – what is yours to manage and change and how you can actually call upon the creator inside to recreate what you thought was unchangeable. Many will see you as even stranger than they imagined you were, saying that you can manifest seeming miracles, but you are just learning the way things really work.

Imagine the race car driver in a splendid machine, but he is only able to give it instructions to turn left. That's what a race car driver does, you know? [left turns only] What happens to the driver when the race track straightens out and he doesn't know how to do anything but make left turns? You've got to change the information that he has and let him learn how to finally take advantage of everything his car can do. That is what is being done.

When the spinal cord is severed, there is chemistry that races to the place of the severing so it won't grow back. Did you know that? There is a hormonal protein structure that actually keeps it from growing back. How does that serve humanity? Well, it doesn't. It's a product of evolution, and evolution doesn't always produce the kind of result you might think. It's also slow and sometimes stops, depending on what the evolving species does. It's not perfect, and you can see this everywhere in the Human body – things that don't make sense.

Nerves are designed to grow back, yet they don't. Did you know that the nerves of the Human body even have addresses so they can find themselves and grow back? Yet in a spinal cord injury, they don't. It's because it is built into the race driver's information to the car not to grow back a spinal cord severing! This is an oxymoron in a biological structure that seems to be designed to survive, yet sometimes shows you differently.

There'll come a day when you can reprogram the systemic systems of your body with consciousness and invention. Stem cells exist everywhere in the Human body, alive and well. They are what pattern what happens. Chemically, they are responsible for a Human that is predisposed to disease. That predisposition then will be carried to the child and the imprint and the energy and the information of the 95% will continue and continue and continue, unless it's reprogrammed. Listen: It's not chemical! It's informational energy. It is multidimensional energy.

There is new technology coming to reprogram pieces and parts of the body at the stem cell level (systemic level). Do you know what this means? There are young women in the room who may carry a specific gene that their ancestors carried, one that will pass on the predispositions of cancers and weaknesses. Listen: When you can rewrite your genetic print, none who follow you will have it either. Do you understand what I'm saying to you? Your children and your children's children will only have the reprogramming that you do. They will not have the original information. The cells in your body will take the new systemic information and claim it as your blueprint and pass it to your children.

Energy is like that. Informational energy is like that, and there's a lot of it on the planet. There are systems on the planet that have been misunderstood for a long time. Let me give you a couple. This is controversial. You may not agree. You may not like it, but I'm going to give it to you anyway.

Now the old soul kind of person is one that can identify with concepts and ideas like this.

I hope that I have answered your questions.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 15-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
My entire life, I've heard it over and over again. I can chock it up to maturity. Everyone has a different level of it, people all are different, blah blah. Except sometimes I feel like there is something different. Like I've done it all before, seen it before. I distinctly remember strange feelings as a child, where I would look around and know that I couldn't just trust in the innocence of the world, because of some sense of seeing the wrong in it already, despite having a perfectly normal and supportive childhood. I feel much more at ease with the older generations, and "vintage" music, arts, etc. All of these things could have perfectly rational explanations, but I'm curious.

Can someone tell me more about the concept of "old souls?" Does it directly link with reincarnation? Is there some way I can know more about my past if it is true for me?

There are no 'Old Souls' in terms of time, but there are Old Souls in terms of experience. Some Souls choose to 'stay up there' (substitute your own words) and choose not to have so much experience. The Old Souls choose to 'come down' (again feel free to substitute) and gain more experience. It's like having two people exactly the same age, one has travelled extensively and the other has never left their front door.

They are also known as the Elder Race. There isn't much about them lying around but it's not about information - it's about gnosis. It's when you 'recognise your own', like a kinship, or you resonate with mythical people like the Tuatha de Danaan or Qetzelcoatl, or Sumer or Atlantis catches your interest. If you know you are then you are, if it doesn't work for you then you're not.