Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 21-06-2015, 09:07 PM
crestfallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I live in a sort of 'nordic' country -England. So we don't get very much decent sunshine in the winter months, as the sun is on a pretty low arc in the sky. But I do definitely expose my skin (without sunscreen) to the sunlight whenever we get any during the winter. No tanning occurs then, as the sun isn't strong enough to cause any damage (tanning is the skin's response to potentially damaging rays and operates as an attempt at protection.)
I do that also in the spring up to a certain point. Sunlight is an essential natural source of Vitamin D, especially for vegans.
There have been shocking cases of children recently with vitamin D deficiency, who have been neither vegan nor vegetarian. And the cause? They are continually smothered in sunblock!
As soon as I see the slightest change in my skin tone I start using sunblock. And use that (with a few mishaps of forgetting!) until the Autumn. I don't like the way it feels on my skin, and don't like the greasiness. I have never ever been able to find a 30-50 protection without greasiness.

It would be very good to find a natural zinc oxide based sun protection cream which doesn't cost a fortune, or even be able to make one in my kitchen!

I suppose zinc oxide is the ingredient that causes that chalkiness common in sunblocks?

I mean, what's wrong with taking vitamin D orally by capsules? That can help those with a vitamin D deficiency. I am currently using Coppertone Sensitive Sunscreen SPF 50. It is not greasy, doesn't whiten skin too much, easy to rub in, and it is also water resistant. It has a nice amount of zinc oxide and I got it at Walmart for around $7, seriously!
Old 22-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Experiencer

info

There's nothing wrong with taking supplements. The only issue is that those that have a problem absorbing it or others from food then they may not be able to absorb it via the supplements.
I know someone who is vitamin B12 deficient. She isn't anemic or a vegetarian and likes to eat various kinds of food. She has to take shots so it bypasses her digestive system and isn't lost. Her doctor told her that it just sometimes happens.

Some could be naturally vitamin D deficient, some may have a condition which makes them vitamin D deficient such as a thyroid issue, some may have dietary issues, etc.

A little bit of sun is fine and the sun will not be completely blocked out by sunblock; it's just there to aid against too much and therefore minimalize burning and damage.
I believe the spf though doesn't work any more or less after a certain amount, such as 30 is as good as 50.

Eat healthy, take a multi vitamin, spend a little amount of time in the direct sun but limit straight exposure when it's at its brightest, and moisturize your skin.

Hydration, lycopene, zinc, and a proper ph balance (Google for alkaline & acidic foods to choose and test with cheap drugstore strips) are good for the skin.
Old 23-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Knower

A body should get everything it needs from natural sources. If this is not possible, then something is very wrong either with food or the person. Or we are living on a wrong planet or in a wrong dimension.

In the past, into many many thousands of years, there were no supplements. Neither were there synthetic sunblocks. How on earth did humans manage in those times?
And now suddenly humans cannot live without these synthetic and artificial things?

It is very easy to say "eat healthy". But what is "eating healthy"? What does a food have to contain and in what state does it have to be? Personally, I know this, I know what "eating healthy" actually is supposed to be like. But this knowledge did not just pop into my mind one day, it required research and thinking and trying on myself - this has taken about 20 months to get where I am now. But I'm not done yet... there's still more to learn. If you haven't done research-thinking-testing for many months with an open mind (or no one has uploaded-inserted the information into your mind; and other possibilities), then the honest truth is that you don't actually know what you are talking about.

In actual truth it isn't even "eating healthy". In actual truth it is just eating. If you are ill due to deficiency of something or excess toxins in your body, then you are "eating unhealthy". You just have to stop "eating unhealthy".
Saying "eating healthy" is synonymous to saying "being ill is the correct state of being".

Artificial and synthetic "supplements". Sure they might generally contain inefficient, sometimes even harmful, forms of "vitamins". But anything else in them? Generally yes, there's other stuff in them too, very harmful stuff... Its not "take multi vitamin", because you need to know what exactly it contains, not the vitamins themselves, but all the rest that's in there and how it impacts your body. you need to know, because they are not natural. Someone made them, someone put them together. But what all did they put into them and exactly why? If caring about health, these are need to know.

This alkalinity and acidity regarding foods. This is nonsense for the simple fact that each time you eat some food, in the stomach it gets a load of high concentration HCl - the very strong acid. Body doesn't need alkalinity or acidity, it needs minerals (and nutrients-vitamins). Minerals, there are at least 60 different minerals our bodies need.

What you eat, the nutrients-vitamins-minerals, toxins, etc. These also affect how your body can handle the sun. If you are deficient and loaded with toxins, then you will experience difficulties being in the sun.

If you haven't done personal research-thinking-testing for many months with an open mind, then cannot know for certain.
Old 24-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Experiencer

info

No one has a perfect body. A host of issues can happen as cells build and reproduce.
Prior to supplements, people with certain deficiencies suffered and maybe died just as some did prior to medical treatments for certain things.

Many of those natural substances you use such as oils and fats are in many of the commercial products.

Something put together in a lab is made up of the same things as the others. Water is H20, everything is comprised of atoms.

It's great to try to be healthier but again, no one and nothing is perfect. We wouldn't have so many variations if everyone and everything was naturally perfect.
Old 25-06-2015, 07:32 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds
No one has a perfect body.
It's great to try to be healthier but again, no one and nothing is perfect.
What is "perfect"?

Quote:
A host of issues can happen as cells build and reproduce.
What can cause these issues? And how to prevent these causes?

Quote:
Prior to supplements, people with certain deficiencies suffered and maybe died just as some did prior to medical treatments for certain things.
Prior to supplements soils weren't farmed deficient of nutrients-vitamins-minerals. People didn't need any supplements back then.
People don't need medical treatments, as medical treatments treat symptoms. Medical treatments do not address causes. To get rid of a problem, the cause needs be addressed and cured.

Quote:
Many of those natural substances you use such as oils and fats are in many of the commercial products.
That's why I said to look at the other things put into them. Good things are good things, but what about the bad things?
That you concentrate on the good things does not make the bad things disappear.

Quote:
Something put together in a lab is made up of the same things as the others.
Sure. Same things. But those same things in what configurations? It's not just what things it is made of, it's what configurations are made of them. Different configuration, different effect.
So the "same" thing in one instance can be good, in another lethal.

Quote:
Water is H20, everything is comprised of atoms.
Water is not just H2O. Molecular structure... The structures water molecules form with each other. Each structure, each configuration, has it's own effect.
If water is structured so, even without containing any lethal toxins, it can kill.

Quote:
We wouldn't have so many variations if everyone and everything was naturally perfect.
There's more ways than one to be perfect.
Try to be yourself, not someone else. Who are you? What are you like? Who is "you"? What is your "perfect"? Do you know?
Old 25-06-2015, 07:16 PM
crestfallen

Well guys, Coppertone did not worked for me, but I do like how it looks and feel on my skin when I am indoors, so I'll finish it before moving on to the next sunblock. People here are talking about why we, the human race, suddenly cannot live without these synthetic lotions and so on, and the answer is this: We no longer live in a completely natural, organic Earth. There is pollution in the air. The majority of the food we eat, especially in Western societies, are loaded with chemicals and pesticides. The sun may be closer to the Earth than many, many years ago. The air we breathe in may be unhealthy, unless you live in a very isolated rural area.

We do what we can to be healthy and stay alive, even if it means we slather on sunblocks or take man made supplements. Remember also that the earliest human beings did not lived long, and we have made great strides in the science community. I no longer believe in the Big Pharma, you are all right in that one; however, I cannot completely discredit the various scientists and medical doctors who are trying their best and have good intentions for all of us. I think moderation is key here.

If I could, I would live in a very clean area, eat nothing but organic foods raised from the Earth, and be as happy as a clam. Its a dream of mine. I even want to start juicing by using organic fruits and vegetables to clean up my diet. But for now? I'll do what I can to stay healthy, and take advice from both naturalists and the medical field.