Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 14-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Kali

forced shaman death = bury yourself for 36 hrs ... dont try this at home! lol its a native american ritual, and works i think that shaman death can come in many ways not just a near death experience in fact some other ways can even have more of an impact.
Old 14-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Mayflow

If you want to become a Shaman, this means you want to go into the netherworlds and explore them. The calling, if it comes, comes from within you.

The natural inclination of such a being is to want to bring back and share these experiences, but a real Shaman will never be seen by others. I think they still have an ego, but no physical body and even the ego is transparent and unseeable.
Old 15-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
If you want to become a Shaman, this means you want to go into the netherworlds and explore them. The calling, if it comes, comes from within you.

The natural inclination of such a being is to want to bring back and share these experiences,

absolutely yes this was what I was trying to express

many have a natural affinity for the paranormal
it gives them a feeling that they like

if that be the case for any of you, then attempt initiation

I have revised my youtube channel

I thought of taking it down altogether because it wasn't going anywhere

but it is back up now. it wasn't down for long anyhow

I've done a lot of research recently I read Essence Of Shinto by Motohisa Yamakage and it was amazing

I'm currently reading through Ghosts Of War In Vietnam by Heonik Kwon
it is very interesting as well

next on my reading list is 'The Lovelorn Ghost & The Magical Monk' which is about Thai mediumship and spiritism
Old 17-07-2012, 08:29 PM
perfect earth

A genuine love for consciousness and a want for harmony is all you need to begin on your journey. We all have that.
Old 17-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Mayflow

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Here is the same story, but it is called "Grandfather Tells" which is also known as "The Wolves Within"

An old Grandfather said to his grandson, who came to him with anger at a friend who had done him an injustice, "Let me tell you a story.

I too, at times, have felt a great hate for those that have taken so much, with no sorrow for what they do.

But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy. It is like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die. I have struggled with these feelings many times." He continued, "It is as if there are two wolves inside me. One is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony with all around him, and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right to do so, and in the right way.

But the other wolf, ah! He is full of anger. The littlest thing will set him into a fit of temper. He fights everyone, all the time, for no reason. He cannot think because his anger and hate are so great. It is helpless anger,for his anger will change nothing.

Sometimes, it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit."

The boy looked intently into his Grandfather's eyes and asked, "Which one wins, Grandfather?"

The Grandfather smiled and quietly said, "The one I feed."

This is Shamanism. It is an interior battle and it is based on which thoughts you choose to feed.
Old 17-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Administrator
Have heard this before very wise words spoken.

Namaste
Old 18-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Master
I can't talk about shamanism because to me it is exclusive to the tribes/cultures that had them in their families. A Shaman's work was to care for his tribe. His life was theirs. We don't live in those cultures.
I can speak of the methods of a shaman and how these methods can be used to help you understand yourself and even to help others.
'Journeying' is the arsenal of a shaman and if you learn it and practice it, it will blow your mind.
So my advice is to not concentrate on shamanism but rather focus on journeying. I was fortunate to have met a practicing shaman at the same time my interest in this came to me. He taught me well and while it is a closed chapter now in my life, still my life is forever changed.

James
Old 18-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Have heard this before very wise words spoken.

Namaste

Yeah I think so as well. The function of the Shaman is inner exploration, and to bring inner insights to light. Namaste.
Old 18-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Mayflow

When mountainclimb met the cherokee they said, you don't have to climb a mountain to impress. Then mountainclimb had a mind that was free.
Old 18-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

The idea that to learn shamanism entails living in a specific cultural milieu is wrong

Shamans are independent spirits and they fall upon it on their own

Westerners namely the English have a long tradition now of enjoying the company of spirits just like any other culture.

Shamanism is not something 'out there'