Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-09-2011, 11:58 AM
The Eagle

Waking Life & Dreams / Logic & Emotion

this is an idea i had a good few years ago.

if we look at waking life - where it is a logic filled environment - then control of emotions is a key thing to learn. vice versa with the dream world. the dream world is filled with emotion and not so much of logic. it is the control of logic in dreams that is the key thing to learn.

controlling emotion in waking life - gives you full control of your position and life path - contentment, inner peace etc.
controlling logic in dreams, makes you control the dream - it gives you lucid dreaming, freedom - you can do anything.

i know applying logic to dreaming can be done as i have been able to do it for many many years. i have always considered it the ulimate test of your own character - if you are dreaming, you know you are dreaming (i.e. there is no repercussions for your actions) and you still act as a good person. it is something that can't be found out in waking life.

now i am not saying that we were put on the earth to learn these things - just this i believe can help us live our lives.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
controlling logic in dreams, makes you control the dream - it gives you lucid dreaming, freedom - you can do anything.

Hiya The Eagle

(I bet you often fly in your dreams...)

I've been mulling your words over the past day or two.

Whilst I agree that using logic in dreams can trigger lucidity, AND the key to staying lucid is logic, the key to staying within the lucid dream in the first place is controlling the emotions. At least that's my experience. If I so much as show the slightest bit of excitement...guess what? I'm knocked right out the whole shebang.

It's such a balancing act...but when it's achieved, it's the most amazing thing.

Squatch
Old 02-09-2011, 08:41 PM
nightowl

Interesting insight...I guess I agree somewhat Squatchit...balance is important, life is best served by incorporating all, to me everything in life adds to it in some way or another. There is a place for logic and for emotion. Learning how they work together is the journey.

nightowl
Old 02-09-2011, 08:46 PM
moke64916

Very insightful and true.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:27 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya The Eagle

(I bet you often fly in your dreams...)

I've been mulling your words over the past day or two.

Whilst I agree that using logic in dreams can trigger lucidity, AND the key to staying lucid is logic, the key to staying within the lucid dream in the first place is controlling the emotions. At least that's my experience. If I so much as show the slightest bit of excitement...guess what? I'm knocked right out the whole shebang.

It's such a balancing act...but when it's achieved, it's the most amazing thing.

Squatch

well yes. when i say logic is key - i mean logic is prevelant when gaining control i.e. to get the balance. vice versa with waking life. perhaps i did not word it the best lol.

to have the dream state as the thing where you can do anything - it frees waking llife for the area to be peace and harmony. how amazing would that be? we can each do what we want - act how we want - just keep the waking life as the inner peace bit of your existance.

thats an amazing concept for me.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Docha

So that's why I never do anything in my dreams I wouldn't do in the waking world...lol

Wondering what is to be said of precognitive dreams then Eagle. Can't seem to mess with those. They nust come as they will, even if you know you're dreaming...

What ya got for that? Hmmmm? Lol
Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
So that's why I never do anything in my dreams I wouldn't do in the waking world...lol

Wondering what is to be said of precognitive dreams then Eagle. Can't seem to mess with those. They nust come as they will, even if you know you're dreaming...

What ya got for that? Hmmmm? Lol

well as you know Goldie - my view of how other people can come into others dreams - using the Great Sprit - precognative dreams are based on people going to sleep thinking about the day they will have tomorrow.

so people can pick up on what is going to happen in the future - based on the projected thoughts of others.

if you try to come into my dreams - its up to me if i let you in.......... i would of course. its always nice to dream of a goldnen moon.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Docha

Lol Eaglepop I will one day...

But I have to argue your theory a bit more. You know I have to!

Precogs are not always 'the next day' or near future. I've predicted the birth of a child before a couple has even gotten together, granted it only came for one of the parties but I know it wasn't a planned event...and happened months into the future...

Other such things I dream come to pass years later at times.

Some, yes my layoff for instance and other smaller things, but my dads mass heartattack...doubt he was tjinking he would have it, as he was playing basketball when he died...He had just had a physical that said he was good...

Some things can't be accounted for as predesignated thoughts...
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
The Eagle

well i also think that some people have the ability to connect subconcious projection. which is surpising for your tiny mind - but lets not get personal just yet. lol.

i would explain what you saw in your dreams is an option that could of happend. - i mean how many dreams have you had where they haven't worked out as you saw them? also you have to remember we bring our own emotions - fears into our dreams.

remember i told you i was convinced i was going to die aged 27 - i saw my tombstone and what was written on it - even wrote down the date. i look at it now and think - i met my wife when i was 27 - so it was about change, but had i died when i was 27 - then the dream would of been right.

the theory still stands for years in the future - some people think years ahead you know. lol.

in a way i think the connection aids fate. its an energy connection that draws people together - puts them in situations. but i still remain that the future is untold - it can be changed but the pregoc dreams are to do with projections.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Deactivated Account

Hmm..

For me dreaming and using logic doesnt work in my favour. Logic is what tells me I cant fly in dreams.

For me its about realizing that the Laws of the physical - that logic is part of does not apply in there.