Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Master
You and Spirituality

I have a simple question to ask.
Think about yourself, say, ten years ago [ or 15 or whatever ]
Can you identify what changes there are in your behaviour, attitudes, manner, etc [ I suppose Personality covers it ], as a result of changes in your spirituality.
I know that I have changed markedly but was curious about others.
Old 15-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Enya

I've changed alot on my spiritual path... I've learned to be more compassionate and open-hearted, to be aware of my own needs, to love, to heal, to embrace and to be humble. I am steadier, balanced and strong.
Not bad for someone who started out wanting to explore her weird ability to pick up on energies...

Btw, love your new profile pic.
Old 15-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Master
I think getting older is the same thing as becoming 'more spiritual', more mature, less flightly, more thoughtful, Idk, unfortunately (?) the 'core' me hasn't seemed to change, in some ways much more 'pointed' ~ some things sharpened, some things sanded/smoothed.

Old 15-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Master
Hi Norseman .

I would say that my nature has remained the same . I would say certain awakenings and realizations bring with them an element of understandings as to why things happen within Individuals lives .

The main thing I have understood Is that we are both the prisoner and jailer of our our own minds .

Finding the key to unlock your soul from the mind Is the key . . .

x dazzle x
Old 15-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Docha

I have shed the lineare thinking. Become less logical and more abstract.

I have always been drawn to the supernatural so spiritualty has always been there. Though it has merged more, become less seperate.

Ie: I never talked much about it with others ten years ago, now it freely rolls off my tongue.
Old 15-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Suspended
I reckon SG has a good point there.

I'm quite different from 10 years ago. Even 5 years ago. It could be age...and the mellowness that age brings.

Less abrasive, certainly.
More love, for sure.
There's a 'lack of concern' for want of a better phrase.
There's definitely more of an allowance of others.

I know I have my ****** days and feel like a pile of poo, but I have so much happiness and love inside me that wants to be released.
And joy.
And frivolity.
Fun.
Curiosity.
Bouncy stuff.
The 'woohoo' factor.

It's a return to innocence in a way.

I find immense excitement/interest/fascination/joy in little things. A walk in the garden to see what's turning its face to be warmed by the sun.

Materialism has completely gone from my life....says she driving a Merc.

(It's a little Merc.)

Simple pleasures.

A lovely quote from Vanilla Sky which I watched for the umpteenth time last week...

Tech Support - "It's the little things."

David - "Those little things. There's nothing bigger. Is there?"

OK, I'll stop now.

Squatch
Old 15-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I know that I have changed markedly but was curious about others.

Your turn norsey.
Old 15-08-2011, 06:41 PM
glenos

Stopped thinking about doing something... started doin' it. SERVICE WHERE EVER I CAN.

G
Old 15-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Master
It appears that most have improved as people with improvements in spirituality. Fair statement ?

Not sure about me. The path I am following is possibly the most primitive of all and it is rubbing off on my personality. The "old" Cunning Folk were always said to be strange and a bit wild, well that's the direction I feel that I am on.
Old 15-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Master
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
It appears that most have improved as people with improvements in spirituality. Fair statement ?

Not sure about me. The path I am following is possibly the most primitive of all and it is rubbing off on my personality. The "old" Cunning Folk were always said to be strange and a bit wild, well that's the direction I feel that I am on.

...so there are no 'improvements' for the norseman? Would we notice the 'wild man' / different sort of person / oddness (?) were we all to break bread together or other such communion?