Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Experiencer
Lightbulb Self-esteem

Hi,

how does one work on self-esteem?

Currently I try to get familiar with the concept of God in every human being. But how do I get to feel this really deep down? You know what I mean?

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 09-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Master
Hi Flora. What worked for me, first and foremost, was to rid my life of people and/or circumstances that contributed to my self-esteem issues. You can't, for example, work on your self-esteem if you're in a dysfunctional relationship with a partner who continually puts you down.

Also, it's important to go after one's dreams, one's soul calling. The more we connect with the very reason why we came here in the first place, the clearer the inner "who we truly are" answer becomes. And it is this inner understanding and recognition that forms the foundation of every positive and creative thought we have about ourselves and our life. And the more we connect with who we truly are, on a higher self or soul level, the more we learn to love and accept who we are. That's what self-esteem issues are really: lack of self-love and self-understanding.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Experiencer

I take a more straight forward approach...

I see that no one else decides what is important for me, nor do they get a say in what I should be doing or how I should be behaving. I am my own person, and I know that I always (try) to do the right thing by other people and myself.

My self esteem is based on the type of person I am. Not on what I can do or achieve, or what other people perceive me to be. If I can see myself as a positive influence in the world, then I am happy.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
I take a more straight forward approach...

I see that no one else decides what is important for me, nor do they get a say in what I should be doing or how I should be behaving.
You call it straight forward. I call it self-aware. But one cannot do straight forward if they are not first self-aware. Think for example (again) of a woman suffering in an abusive relationship. All she knows about her self, is what her abusive partner tells her is true about her self.

This same thing applies to a lesser extent with regards to people who suffer from self-esteem issues. They have not come to a place wherein they truly know who they are and/or are comfortable with who they are. Their issue is one of self-awareness on some very real level. That's my take anyway.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Hi,

Currently I try to get familiar with the concept of God in every human being. But how do I get to feel this really deep down? You know what I mean?

Here is one strategy that has worked tremendously for me: do things you love and do them often. What are activities that make you smile and bring you joy? One activity for me is dancing and group dancing. Your in a room filled with a lot of people who are there to feel the music and have fun. See, by doing more of the things you love, your nurturing and uplifting your soul. P.S. I can be an uncoordinated sloppy dancer haha, but who cares?! I surely don't! Not caring what others think is another tip!

I also agree if there are people weighing you down; get rid of them. I had a partner once who wasn't supportive of my activities, his insecurities made me feel guilty for enjoying them, you can guess where he is now. Not with my happy self
Old 10-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Experiencer
Thank you. This really got me thinking...
I hope there is also another way....because it's hard for me to really find something that I like the way you describe.

There are no people weighing me down. I work on not doing this myself.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 10-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you. This really got me thinking...
I hope there is also another way....because it's hard for me to really find something that I like the way you describe.

There are no people weighing me down. I work on not doing this myself.

Hello,

There is a reason why many feel low self esteem. It has to do with our body's energetic memory more than any thing else. Consider the tens of thousands of years where those that think differently were ridiculed and even killed because they were different. Most of the prophets we admire today were killed by the people around them.

When you can evolve the belief that you are loved, I know everyone says they know they are loved, then your self esteem will take off. There are two factors involved with self love that must be understood and lived. We all have a higher self. A love bond between the human consciousness and our divinity must be established. The higher self can lead the way for that undertaking. That is first and essential. For without divine guidance our brain and its reasoning will lead us the best way it can, which is essentially no where.

That second factor is self love towards all that We Are. Our good, bad, and ugly aspects of self. That may be the hardest because contemporary religions teach the concept of crime and punishment and not compassion towards all and every thing. The society we live in emulates this punishment for crimes. Never understanding that society itself creates the criminals. We do that essentially because of laws that lack compassion. So weather you know it or not, you have been conditioned to have a lack of compassion towards self and others. It will be hard to break the grip of that subconscious programming.

I hope you can relate to these concepts.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Experiencer
Thanks.
Yes, I can relate.

The question is here again, how do I get this into my head? How do I get to feel this really deep down?

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 10-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
how do I get this into my head? How do I get to feel this really deep down?
Not head, but heart, would be my first observation. Second: if as you say, "it's hard for me to really find something that I like," then my suggestion is that's the core issue here, and it's where you need to begin. It is impossible not to have things one likes or prefers over other things. Identify those things in life that your prefer, that bring you happiness, or joy, or even just satisfaction, and start incorporating them into your day-to-day life. The more you do this, the deeper and more connected you'll feel. It is that connection to the authentic self, and to those things in life you love and that bring you joy, that blossoms into self-awareness, self-understanding, and self-esteem.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Usually by having supportive relationships with family and friends. Or if that's not possible, having a support network of people like a therapist and others that are also in the healing process that you can meet with regularly.

Humans are social creatures on the most basic level. Emotional healthiness is directly related to our relationships. Surviving alone just isn't in our physiology.