Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-11-2017, 01:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
What is "perfect"?
No...seriously, what exactly is it?
Good question.
Old 18-11-2017, 05:44 AM
Master
An imaginary concept that exist in the human mind. Outside the human mind perfection is nonexistent.
Old 18-11-2017, 05:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
An imaginary concept that exist in the human mind. Outside the human mind perfection is nonexistent.
Yes I like that.
Old 18-11-2017, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
What is "perfect"?
No...seriously, what exactly is it?
Seriously, Tobi? U bein' 'serious' here?! (said in a Dinero voice, as in: "U lookin' at me?!"

Love and Joy is 'perfect' (in the sense that nothing could possibly be 'better'!). Life is the expression and experience of Love and Joy. It's all Love and Joy.

(Note: This is not a 'simple' statement, because things can become quite convoluted in this regard. For 'simple' instance: those who 'hate', for instance, Love to 'hate' and enJoy 'hating' - each in his or her 'own' way, of course.)

Quote:
Not so, OB!.

Love and Joy, hence perfection, are quite real, directly experienced realities. Albeit, being 'intelligent' beings we conceptualize them in order to 'think' and 'speak' about them, and in that sense they become imagined (i.e. image-in-ed!) thangs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
What if you died, woke up from the dream and remembered that you are god?
Depends on just what one experiences as 'god' or 'being god', methinks. That could just be another 'dream'. 'Waking up' into what some think of 'god' or 'being god' may be analogous to "jumping from one (hot!) frying pan into another!"

On the other hand, if you 'wake up' by realizing that you and everyone else are expressions (manifestations?) of Love and Joy and that we are all parts of the same whole and so part of one another, as alluded to in statements like “At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.” (John 14:20) and "“In him we live, and move, and have our being” (Acts 17:28) and "There is nothing higher than Me; all is strung upon Me as rows of pearls upon a thread." (Bhagavad Gita, Ch.7), now that's a real 'gas', Bro!

Check out: http://davidsundom.weebly.com/upload..._meant-ch1.pdf if you want to get (more of) my 'drift' in this regard.

Quote:
"A really egoless person is not humble at all.
He is neither arrogant nor humble; he is simply himself."
... and said person authentically regards and so 'honors' everyone else as just being himself/herself/itself as well!

What's referenced by all of the above is why I say "Woohoo!" (to everyone, CrystalSong included!)
Old 19-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Master
*grins*
Old 19-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Master

Quote:

Funny - I would suggest the opposite. Perfection is everywhere - it is only the human mind which perceives imperfection.

To say that perfection is only an imaginary concept within the human mind and does not exist otherwise is just an imaginary concept within the human mind.

So what is the nature of perfection? Omnipresent changeless Being, within which all things have their existence. If we identify with form then all we know is limitation and change and apparent imperfection. If we identify with Being then we see perfection everywhere, and all form is a perfect manifestation.

Peace.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
To say that perfection is only an imaginary concept within the human mind and does not exist otherwise is just an imaginary concept within the human mind.

Hence nothing is perfect or imperfect. Only the mind can conceive of something as perfect or imperfect.
Old 19-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Badcopyinc

Whether you think you can or you can't you are right.

Whether you think reality is perfect or not you are right.

Whether you think you are god or not you are right!

Wahoo!
Old 20-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Molearner

As for perfection....this quote from Bernadette Roberts comes to mind: "This search for perfection--which is a search for divinity--is nothing more than the failure to accept our existence the way it is."
Old 20-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
As for perfection....this quote from Bernadette Roberts comes to mind: "This search for perfection--which is a search for divinity--is nothing more than the failure to accept our existence the way it is."
Molearner!

To what some say Arrgh! to, I say, Ahh ... the exquisite Isness of Being!

Regarding the ins and outs of the subject, I once wrote:

"Every developing soul encounters this ‘problem’ many times over – it presents itself in a variety of guises as we proceed. The more intelligent and sensitive we become, the more subtly discriminating and refined the ways in which we conceive that we, others and situational circumstance would be more ideal. And, because we can then also more imaginatively envision and more inventively pursue their actualization, we become more prone to getting caught up (or ‘lost’) in yearning for and lusting after such conceptions of ‘greater’ goodness and, because it appears pale in contrast, to not appreciate and so not lovingly act to enhance what is; in the extreme, to denigrate and disparage it as having no inherent goodness and value at all. (Aside from the forementioned yearning for and [i]]lusting after ‘greater’ goodness and denigration and disparagement of what is present and available, there are other indicators that one has gotten ‘stuck’ in terms of the problem: If and as prolonged or intense enough disappointment and dissatisfaction is suffered as a result of not having one’s ideal-based desires fulfilled, one may become cynical about and unenthusiastic, avoidant and sloppy in relation to apparently ‘ordinary’ matters one must deal with, as well as reactively loath and even grow to hate and want to destroy aspects of Life one considers non-ideal altogether.)

The ‘solution’, in each and every case, lies in becoming aware of how fixation on particular ideals and derivative experience of disappointment and dissatisfaction cut us off from perceiving, relishing and creatively dealing with the exquisite Isness of Being and Becoming that is Ever-Present and Ever-Ongoing in ourselves, others and the world around us, and therefore diligently identifying and choosing to emotionally decathect from and transcend such personal fancies and aversions and associated conditioning. Only if and as we stop holding onto particular likes and dislikes and jettison negative attitudes deriving from consequent experience of disappointment and dissatisfaction do we rediscover and revive what was lost when we emerged from the simplicity of naiveté – the paradisiacal state enjoyed by Adam and Eve before they ‘fell’ from grace, in the Garden of Eden."