Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
That's all I asked multiple times to S-word, as he had asked me multiple times in paragraphs in round about ways that at some points were not even coherent or relevant to what I believe.

I'll be taking a break, better yet, getting away from this forums. I prefer conservative Christian forums rather than this website as outlined by your post.

No one is asking you to leave.

The request, is that you exercise a modicum of respect and kindness, when dealing with others.

Particularly in the area, where your beliefs do not align with theirs.

Disagreeing, is ok. Conveying your viewpoint, is also ok. But what you do TeeHee, is visibly seen as intentional and falls under the category of cruel.

We understand, that something or someone has made you this way. But you must not be so disharmonious.

Try to make your points, without offending others.

Is that such a difficult request? Do you have to leave? Is leaving easier, than just being kind and respectful to others?

Give that some thought. We are reflecting back to you, the negative energy you have put out. Think on this. See that it was your energy, and you can easily change the way you interact with people.

Just make an effort to try! You will see a difference in the way people respond to you. Leaving you can do, anytime. Stay, and participate, but with more kindness and respect for others.

Give it a shot!

I encourage you to stay, but to be more mindful of others ~
Old 24-11-2011, 03:41 AM
Coming2

I agree with Divine again...Dont leave Teehee...Personally I was referring to S-Word with my aggravation. I, unfortunately, skipped some posts so I do not know what Divine is referring to. Regardless, I do not feel Divine is asking you to leave. I feel it is important for all us to remember that we all have our own views on Spirituality and that is the beauty of this forum. On SF we are allowed to explore our beliefs and others and try to find common ground with respect for everyone's views and beliefs. That does not take away the strength of your convictions, by any means. No one is knocking you for what you hold true in your life. We just ALL need to remember to have respect and acceptance that not everyone will feel the way we do and it is not your, mine or anyone elses job to convince someone that their thoughts, feelings, beliefs or actions are inherently wrong because they dont jive with our own...
Old 24-11-2011, 04:04 AM
ete233

What is there to transcend? Everything that exists in the universe has been here and just progresses, changes and evolves into grander versions of itself, whether containing more intelligence or less. It wasn't just created by some God. It creates itself. Its doesnt stop creating new. Saying it was created is saying 'something' brought it into existence. What 'something' brought it to existence, God? No, it was never created into existence, it(the universe) is existence.

This is it. this is existence. How else could it be? How else could it make sense.. literally make sense. there is no separation. There is only the whole of existence. Anything you think, any idea in your head exists here, not some other dimension or other 'place'.

So what else is there to experience? Some formless existence of pure love and acceptance. Sounds like a 'heaven', sounds like a dream.
Old 24-11-2011, 04:42 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
I agree with Divine again...Dont leave Teehee...Personally I was referring to S-Word with my aggravation. I, unfortunately, skipped some posts so I do not know what Divine is referring to. Regardless, I do not feel Divine is asking you to leave. I feel it is important for all us to remember that we all have our own views on Spirituality and that is the beauty of this forum. On SF we are allowed to explore our beliefs and others and try to find common ground with respect for everyone's views and beliefs. That does not take away the strength of your convictions, by any means. No one is knocking you for what you hold true in your life. We just ALL need to remember to have respect and acceptance that not everyone will feel the way we do and it is not your, mine or anyone elses job to convince someone that their thoughts, feelings, beliefs or actions are inherently wrong because they dont jive with our own...

Thanks Coming2, and that makes two of us. I don't know what DivineLove is going off about either, because DivineLove is on my ignore list.

I'll be taking a break for awhile regardless, there are a few websites I am the administrator of and the traffic is beginning to demand my full attention.

Take care and enjoy
Old 24-11-2011, 08:08 AM
S-word

Quote:
Thanks Coming2, and that makes two of us. I don't know what DivineLove is going off about either, because DivineLove is on my ignore list.

I'll be taking a break for awhile regardless, there are a few websites I am the administrator of and the traffic is beginning to demand my full attention.

Take care and enjoy

Thank God none on your ignore list are members of those websites which you administer, otherwise they would all be banned.
Old 24-11-2011, 08:21 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
It just irks me to death when someone preaches. I am a Christian but I dont try to shove my beliefs down peoples throats and condemn them for not agreeing with me. The Bible was meant to be interpreted according to each persons understanding. By appointing pastors in our church we rely on faith that God will use that person to teach us what the Word means. Every interpretation is not the same.

God teaches us to humble ourselves. I dont see that here. Instead I see self righteousness. Jesus did not teach us to condemn others even if they feel that person is confused.(which by the way, I dont)..EVERYONE and I mean everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions. That is the beauty of this forum. S we try not to judge here but you are making it very difficult to uphold my spiritual beliefs with your arrogance. We discuss...not preach and judge....

Coming2 wrote.......EVERYONE and I mean everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions.

I totally agree, every person is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions. Every person is entitled to set out their beliefs in this forum and to open them up for discussion, without fear of being attacked and belittled by those whose beliefs are threaten by that belief, such as Jesus came as a human being born of the seed of Adam, and born of Human parents as revealed in scripture, who was brought to perfection through suffering, as revealed in scripture, and was then declared to be high priest in the line of succession to Melchizedek, with these words, "You are my beloved in whom I am well pleased,. THIS DAY I have begotten thee." as revealed in scripture. This is my belief set out for all to see and is open to debate.
Old 24-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

Take care and enjoy

You know EXACTLY to what I am referring to, TeeHee.

All too well ~
Old 26-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystalline22
I’ve been struggling for years trying to find a belief system that sits comfortably with me. I wasn’t brought up to go to church, so as far as religion goes, I was left to make up my own mind. However, after many attempts of trying out different churches and also Buddhism, I’m still left searching for something much broader. Its an ongoing quest.

I’ve always had great difficulty believing what’s written in the Bible. However, after watching ‘The Universe - Beyond the Big Bang’, I can now find a way to believe in some kind of creator or divine force which brought everything into existence. The way the universe has evolved over time can be understood in the story of creation in Genesis. The stars and the heavens being formed, and then light, and then water covering the earth and finally life forms in the seas and finally humans. Its maybe not the way some religions interpret it - if they take the Garden of Eden story literally (as some still do!), but it can tie up with cosmic evolution and the Laws of Nature. I feel everything is too ordered and wonderous to just be some accident!

Its only now that I’m wanting to really listen to these documentaries. I watched them before, but not with the same interest or hunger to understand. I’m obviously still searching for meaning, but it’s a broader, deeper meaning.

What do others feel about this? I know a lot of Christians don’t believe in evolution without a creator God, but what about with one? I think the Catholic church is now more accepting of this view from what I understand - can anyone shed any light on this for me?

I did. I am you. There is nothing that is not me.
Old 26-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Chrystalline22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer_love

Hi Dreamer_love,

When you say 'I did'...I'm not too sure what you are referring to? Do you mean you also watched the documentary about 'The Universe - Beyond the Big Bang'? Right at the end of it one of the speakers described how we are all biologically connected with one another, how we are all chemically connected with the earth, and how we are all anatomically connected with the universe. I liked that! As he said, it makes you feel very small, but at the same time, very large.
Old 26-11-2011, 11:56 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer_love

You are no other than who you are. To believe otherwise, proves your choice of name "Dreamer" to be well suited to your belief.

Your body may be biologically connected with all other bodies, and chemically connected with the earth, and anatomically connected with the universe. But "YOU," the invisible mind/spirit that is developing as a pontential Child of God within that body, from all the information that is gathered through the senses of that Body, which body is nothing more that the universal elements, which are activated by the divine universal animating principal which pervades the entire universal body and into which universal life-force/soul, has been gathered all the spirits of your ancestors, human and prehuman in the evolution of the body of mankind, the most high in the creation, In which the spiritual Son of Man is developing as the supreme personality of Godhead to the Most High in this visible three dimensional world.

And "YOU," the mind/spirit, are an individual, a pool of gathered information, who is you and you alone, no other is like you and you are not like any other.