Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Thanks Nomad

I have also been sent a Betty Shine book to read ( have you read any of these? ) Its really very interesting too and very helpful to a complete novice like me who wants to learn
Sometimes though I get the feeling I'm trying to run before I can walk and I think the biggest step for me will be to relax, even when trying to meditate its hard because there are a million other things going through my mind lol

Thanks again

Michelle xxx :)

Curiously enough, I was persuaded to read mind to mind by a thai friend of mine a good five years before I even considered spiritual development, I remember reading it in a relative state of confusion, as it was totally alien to me.
Maybe it planted a seed though, because years later it became more appropriate :)

I can back developing1 up on silverBirch books, they are indeed excellent (although I have so far only read two)
Old 06-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Knower

Hi Nomad

Its Mind Magic that I've just started reading and there are quite a few exercises to begin with my problem is finding the time when no one is going to call round or the telephone ringing

Regarding the Silver Birch books, is there any particualr order they should be read in or doesn't it matter?

Its funny you being given Mind To Mind to read 5 years before you began your journey so to speak, isn't it? I do believe now everything that happens is for a good reason even if we don't know what it is at the time

Michelle xx
Old 06-02-2007, 05:22 AM
kundalini

Hi Michelle,

I just wanted to say that funnily enough, me and another member were talking about books by Betty Shine in another thread very, very recently. I find Nomad's and your own comments very interesting about reading Betty Shine books because they too were the first set of books that I began reading with regards to psychic powers and spirituality. I learnt much from them. Perhaps, in England especially as this was her birthplace, many English people are 'guided' to read these books as an introduction to spirituality...

Kundalini.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Knower

Hi Kundalini

From what I have read so far the book does seem very good and helpful in more ways than one, I'm not sure why but they seem to have a very calming influence.

I have read other books, Rita Rogers for one, in fact they were the first books I ever read like this and they really did give me a different outlook on life and death, they maybe were not as 'helpful' as the Betty Shine books but lovely to read all the same, I think what I most loved about them were that she was able to help families who had lost loved ones and give them something only they would know The words had me crying a few times

Have you read any of Rita's books?

Michelle xx
Old 06-02-2007, 02:46 PM
kundalini

Hi Michelle,

I am not actually sure. Unless Rita Rogers is a woman of gypsy-stock, in which case, I have read at least one of her books or thereabouts?

K.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Nomad

Very curious coincidences about the Betty Shine book, but then I am not so sure I believe in coincidences any more :)

The SilverBirch books IIRC do not have to be read in a particular order, as they are an almagamation of many circles and questions asked in one book, so it is not too important to read them in order, but try if you can I would guess.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Knower

Hi

kundalini, you are correct in that Rita is a descentant from gypsies so I believe you have read one of her books

Nomad, I'll get on and order a couple of the Silver Birch books later tonight

Best wishes to you both

Michelle xx
Old 06-02-2007, 11:15 PM
kundalini

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for confirming that for me, K.
Closed Thread