Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 10-03-2019, 11:36 AM
ant

All concepts are interesting aren't they.

All process though to discernment.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
Wow interesting. I think new age is quite deceptive in general, although I moved from new age to paganism.
What does New Age mean to you, Araceli?
Old 10-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
What does New Age mean to you, Araceli?

I was thinking about this earlier and I think the problem with new age is that it draws shallowly from many different traditions thereby appropriating, it doesn't have anything of depth to bring to the table of its own so to speak. And it's easy to get caught away in this kind of pseudo-spirituality and I also have had reason to believe spirits out there come to vulnerable people knowing no better saying they are such and such an angel or deity or whatever when they are not, they are just playing at it to feed themselves attention and ultimately energy.

Also I'm not a fan of how new age tends to just see the spirits as tools to be used rather than independent beings to create friendships and relationships with. If that's your goal (knowingly or most often unknowingly) then the spirit is likely in the same vein going to be using you too. That is why I think Christianity has a unique approach to religion in that it emphasises relationship with Jesus Christ rather than just using him. I take that same approach towards my gods though in Paganism and have found a much deeper experience there than when I used to talk to 'guides' who just turned out to be negatives in disguise.

I thought it was interesting what Doreen said about how she didn't believe in hell and bad spirits and negativity and that kind of stuff, and I was exactly the same thinking if I focused on that stuff then it would make me a negative person. But actually like the interviewer responded to her, there is a difference between being negative and seeing truth. And unfortunately it's the truth that negative things in the world do exist, whether it's physical rapists and murderers or non physical demons and fallen angels and such, they are something we can't turn a blind eye to and allow to run rampant.

I think the deceptiveness of new age is primarily this that they don't acknowledge the darker side of life out of some misguided attempt to pretend everything is rosy. I understand the thinking but that's what makes us vulnerable to deceptions in the end because we refuse to see them right in front of us.

I am a pagan these days but I've learned a lot from Gnosticism in relation to my own experiences with how there is a false light matrix and a demiurge. Discernment on the spiritual path is very important and I have learned that the hard way myself.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:13 PM
Suspended
Old 11-03-2019, 11:13 PM
Master
Quote:
I was thinking about this earlier and I think the problem with new age is that it draws shallowly from many different traditions thereby appropriating, it doesn't have anything of depth to bring to the table of its own so to speak. And it's easy to get caught away in this kind of pseudo-spirituality and I also have had reason to believe spirits out there come to vulnerable people knowing no better saying they are such and such an angel or deity or whatever when they are not, they are just playing at it to feed themselves attention and ultimately energy.

Also I'm not a fan of how new age tends to just see the spirits as tools to be used rather than independent beings to create friendships and relationships with. If that's your goal (knowingly or most often unknowingly) then the spirit is likely in the same vein going to be using you too. That is why I think Christianity has a unique approach to religion in that it emphasises relationship with Jesus Christ rather than just using him. I take that same approach towards my gods though in Paganism and have found a much deeper experience there than when I used to talk to 'guides' who just turned out to be negatives in disguise.

I thought it was interesting what Doreen said about how she didn't believe in hell and bad spirits and negativity and that kind of stuff, and I was exactly the same thinking if I focused on that stuff then it would make me a negative person. But actually like the interviewer responded to her, there is a difference between being negative and seeing truth. And unfortunately it's the truth that negative things in the world do exist, whether it's physical rapists and murderers or non physical demons and fallen angels and such, they are something we can't turn a blind eye to and allow to run rampant.

I think the deceptiveness of new age is primarily this that they don't acknowledge the darker side of life out of some misguided attempt to pretend everything is rosy. I understand the thinking but that's what makes us vulnerable to deceptions in the end because we refuse to see them right in front of us.

I am a pagan these days but I've learned a lot from Gnosticism in relation to my own experiences with how there is a false light matrix and a demiurge. Discernment on the spiritual path is very important and I have learned that the hard way myself.

I actually think the term new age is dead !!! It's over, people who use it are using a term that has aged!!! It's outmoded, it's outdated and it's theories are out... The term now would be progressive, or alternative I guess - don't quote me on this, just observing ...
Old 12-03-2019, 12:19 AM
Knower
ever heard of demiurges, when reading a little bit on this i had a thought form of this could be the reason for many just giving up. there's that talk of false light, like a mastermind plan to deceive, i think that would effect the level of trust you have with any of team light. it's like people were suggesting that this is a prison matrix that you have to escape. it's confusing as lots of articles are saying ascension leads to possession and drained of energy even when you've slept well. im sure some of the former new agers read things like that and said right that's it over to jesus. i dont know for sure what's really happening but i do have an headache thinking about it lol
Old 12-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:

Thanks for the elaborate reply Araceli. So to you New Age means teachings that are full time on the light and positive side, ignoring the other side of spirituality and life. That's an interest view and if I would have to go with that I would agree with you that it is deceptive. However, I'd also say that the focus on positive things is by itself a worthwhile pursuit, and focussing too much on the dark side of things, or that life and creation itself are at fault, like in Gnosticism, can't be too helpful either, IMO..

Just be aware that your beliefs could be put in a 'New Age' camp as well by some religious fundamentalists. This is why the New Age label is rather silly if you ask me, as it can be used to describe almost any spiritual belief in a western context that isn't ''Christian'', ''Muslim'', or ''Jewish''. These religions have their leaders, a central book, and because of this they are structured and orderly. This means they have an innate characteristic to place structure on things... even to things that are rather complex and hard to define..

Fuddle befuddled.. people pick and choose their beliefs. It's impossible not to for any free thinking and freely exploring soul. We can find truths and things we like across different cultures and religions. This is complexity in action, this is what a lot of humans do, if they have the freedom to explore and the freedom to be humans. I myself love some aspects of eastern religion.. such as the emphasis on vegetarianism, and I practice yoga. I don't feel drawn to their deities though, but I love the Greek gods and goddesses. I do what I feel drawn towards and I recommend everyone else to do the same. This means I do not follow one 'sect', 'religion' or 'path'. I'm a free bird and freedom is essential to my well being, and I consider it a core characteristic of ''being human''...

Many of us people who take inspiration from different cultures at the same time could be labelled as 'New Age', yet many of us can also be quite different from one another.. so this label is just used in wrong ways by religious fundamentalists, mostly, and it becomes pointless, xenophobic, and intellectually lazy on their part. I can tell you are not, but I hope we can all see that the label is often used that way.
Old 24-03-2019, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I said this some years ago, I understand she has an angelic background and came here to teach. She started out alright, yet did not step up her teaching when she was meant to. Fame, fortunes and all that besides contracts perhaps.
Those around her, not from this physical plane, will have maneuvered her into this new situation, in order to brake the pattern she was in.

It's such an interesting about turn and such a public one too. It really makes me wonder about life. It's hard to see in some ways, such an about turn, such a change. To my mind there is no wrong move in life, there are just moves and we, each one of us, we move with this in the best way that we can.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Guide
Looks like she traded one extreme belief system for another. I see very little difference between what she wrote in her books and what she is talking about now.
Old 20-07-2020, 08:04 PM
Ascender
https://www.limetorrents.info/search/all/doreen-virtue/

some of them say that they don't have any seeders but I know they do because I downloaded them and I am seeding them

if you know how to navigate an annoying torrent site - ignore new window popups - hit the button that says download torrent -
if the new window says wait 5 seconds - then wait 5 seconds