Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
RiversLady

You know, it could be a case where only the males have wings. Kinda like fireflies.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks
I have tears running down my face after reading this particular part. Sure puts things into perspective when I am moaning about my day.
Thank you so much for your post. I enjoyed this very much Holly.

Love & Light to you

Hey Tinks You're welcome. I had to ask Azrael about it before I posted it, and he gave me a bit of information about how it goes with these kids, and honestly I didn't post all of it because it made me cry for a long time. It put things into perspective for me too, and I have definitely not wasted nearly as much food since.

And Riverslady - LOL, could be fireflies.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:32 PM
earthstarr

Holly what a wonderful post........ Azrael's message has been heard :) I know that i WOULD be angry in his position and would not be so forgiving but i'm a mere human ;)
Thankyou for sharing your love x
Old 06-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Solitude

The names of the angels come from the Kabbalah and are in Hebrew. They were described again by St. Thomas of Aquinas, a Catholic philosopher and theologian. In Hebrew, names ending in ''el'' are masculine and the the endings in ''ah'' are feminine. So, the gender of angels is not something new or invented by the New Age. It's something very old. In fact, in Kabbalah, gender is part of the cosmos and God's energy transforms in various levels of energy that have qualities similar to gender. The Holy Ghost is actually the Shekinah and has a feminine energy. When God travels down to materialization, it goes alternating from vessels that are feminine and masculine.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Gwen91

Sorry, I didn't read the full thread yet

But, angels are more then in just Christianity, just sayin :)
Old 13-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Wisa'ka

"open your mind to greater possibilities not rely on ancient books written for ancient people"

Is that kind of like saying the beliefs of my ancient ancestors are unreliable ?

Please tell me more about this 'new' concept, I mean if one's belief in these old spirits or deities is going to be kicked to the curb, an understanding of this new way should be of great importance, right ?
Old 13-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
Is that kind of like saying the beliefs of my ancient ancestors are unreliable ?

Not necessarily. Out dated perhaps, by the passing of time and modern discovery, but not completely unreliable for them in their day and age. But I think that would greatly depend on which beliefs we're talking about After all, didn't our ancient ancestors also believe that the world was flat, and anyone sailing too close to the edge was in danger of falling off?
Old 13-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
Not necessarily. Out dated perhaps, by the passing of time and modern discovery, but not completely unreliable for them in their day and age. But I think that would greatly depend on which beliefs we're talking about After all, didn't our ancient ancestors also believe that the world was flat, and anyone sailing too close to the edge was in danger of falling off?

Not my ancestors. They made the trip to this 'new world' long before Columbus.
Old 13-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
"open your mind to greater possibilities not rely on ancient books written for ancient people"

Please tell me more about this 'new' concept, I mean if one's belief in these old spirits or deities is going to be kicked to the curb, an understanding of this new way should be of great importance, right ?

Well it all depends on the beliefs of your ancient ancestors and what they say is ok to do and if it relates to the 21st century or not....If you took what your ancestors said literally, you would be living in the forest and have nothing to do with the modern world, is this not so?.....and then, would todays laws allow you to do as your ancestors did?.....The basic principles of loving God and the Divine, and cherishing the Earth and respecting all of creation including all creatures man/woman, and all... to me is the only thing that is relevant..Being male or female is totally irrelevant because we are all part of the One.......

I can't see how you can associate what i said in my post in this thread, about female angels, to your ancient ancestors beliefs?......i don't think this thread was actually about you or your ancient ancestors....not unless i missed something.??
Old 13-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Wisa'ka

"not unless i missed something.??"

If this something soared overhead like a Thunderbird

And yes, pearly white wing feathers or not, it seems by your statement, people should give up their old beliefs or toss away ancient spiritual text in order to offer up their souls to a 'new' concept blended together from everything old. A one world religion that seems tailor made to befit a one world government.

I'd be living in the forest having naught to do with the modern world ? That would indeed be wonderful, but sadly the last big new religious craze that befitted a new government kind of stole that way of living from the people of this continent.

They told us to accept their loving god and give up our old beliefs. A lot of Indians did, but some of us will never completely let go.

And now they are at it again, only with a new concept of this loving god belief. No matter how you dress up this god, candy coat the message or add angel wings to the ancient spirits, it is the same approach designed to fool people into giving up their old beliefs.

I really don't think this 'New Age' religion or a 'New World Order' is going to pan out the way some people think.