Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 18-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Knower

Bare Footin'

Hello everyone! I want to start this post by saying that it is winter in my area. I do not want to cause anyone to do anything to compromise their health. So here goes:

Go outside and stand on the ground with your bare feet. Stand in a stream, with the water immersing and flowing over your toes. It will ground you and revive you. If it doesn't, it still feels good and there's nothing wrong with that. I grew up in the country, so I took it for granted.

As a side note, when I was a little girl, mother made us wait until May 1.

Everyone have a nice day!
Old 19-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Guide

unfortunately where i live at in nyc there are no steady streams (well, except maybe in a few parks). we do have the ocean. nice to let the toesies feel the water. still cold to do that, but can't wait to feel the ocean again.

in the meantime, i've learned a lovely trick and that is to say, "True Source Love ground my body weight to the core of the Earth." (True Source meaning Creator)

The trees are also absolutely wonderful for grounding too. Thankfully we have trees in my neighborhood.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 19-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Knower

Hello tainamom! Nice to hear from you! I have visited NYC a couple and I see the challenge to get in nature there for sure. I work in an office and some stay in here all day. Just going outside and getting a breath of air is really helpful. It would be great to hear from those who live in urban areas who may have some tips about getting grounded in nature. Good day to you!
Old 19-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Master

I had a mennonite friend who visited my home this past summer. And he brought his children so they could see my ducks. The first thing I noticed was that his kids were barefoot.

It took me back to when I was a child. We always ran around barefoot. They say people who go barefoot are healtheir because they absorb nutrients from Mother Earth that build the immune system.

Where I live now, we have goatheads. They are large hard, thorny burrs and hurt when you step on one. If you have ever encountered one it's an experience you never forget. So for that reason (and the fact that I have duck poop everywhere) I don't go barefoot.

But the tree thing really works too.

Sometimes just being out in the sunshine for an hour a day, grounds me.
Old 19-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Knower

Thank you linen53. My great grandmother had chestnut trees in her yard before the chestnut blight wiped them out a couple decades ago. They were encased in a large thorny shell. Chestnut burrs. Ouch! Is all I can say. But those chestnuts were delicious! We would get them by the grocery sack full and eat til we were sick. My dad raised fowl also, so I can feel there also! Even if one just plans to sit outside for a while, you could take the shoes off and just feel the earth under your feet. I'm just a nature lover and like to think of ways that we can get out more even if your not the outdoorsy type. I've also believed that trees were perfect in every way. It would be great to be one, I think! Have a terrific day!
Old 19-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Master

Chestnut trees! My grandmother had a huge one in her backyard. And yes the thorny shells were very precarious to step on when they started drying. And they were everywhere! Thanks for the good memory.

I am outside every day tending to my chores. If everyone had an outdoor project to do every day, they would be getting their dose of Mother Earth.

I always like J. R. R. Tolkien's rendition of trees. He called them Ents. They moved very slow and thought very slow. They were never in a hurry to do anything. That is how I imagine trees. Great wisdom and all the time in the world to do what they do.
Old 19-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Knower

Oh yes, I remember that. I may read Tolkien again. It also remind me of that song by Rush about the trees. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Master
Dear Bsoul, there definetly is something healing about going barefoot,I have been learning mini chi gongs ,wow the grounding is amazing . I am going through alot of healing ,Ive alwalys adored trees ,but I think I had a superior attitude to them, very strange but then this world can make you a bit loopsylala anyway didnt even realise ,so Ive been having all these love ups with as many trees as I can ,hugging them ,kissing them and talking to them telling them I love them, and that I see them as we are equal, very humbling and deeply fullfilling .Now when I say I love trees I mean it Right from my heart.Hope that wasnt too strange.Deepsoul
Old 10-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Ascender

Anything that connects you to the earth is a good thing. I've learnt so much observing the plants & the animals in my yard. I keep chickens as well as a small vegetable patch in the yard & observing all of their strengths & weaknesses has given me a certain amount of insight into my own.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Knower
Just reading this thread makes me feel better. I've most always enjoyed (and preferred) being barefoot. Even when starting out driving a car, I absolutely could not stand wearing shoes or anything covering my feet. I had to be barefoot or else, to me, it felt like I could "feel" the pedals. I had to be barefoot so I knew what I was and wasn't touching.

In recent years in warmer weather, I've had to be more careful when going about outside since there are these nasty, sharp little spikey weeds in the yard. Step on one and OUCHIE!!! Not only that, but I run the risk of getting one of those little thorns stuck in the bottom of my foot and possibly have to dig it out like a splinter stuck in my skin.

:( Darn you weeds! Darn you!!!

I remember watching a tv show a few years back where there was this doctor who went around his office barefoot. When a co-worker asked why that was, he commented that the feet have as many sensing nerves in it as what the hands do. That's the reason why he'd go around barefoot so often. So he could feel what he was touching with his bare feet.
I remember sitting on the couch and marvelling at that comment.

And there's my mom. She always goes around with something on her feet (slippers, socks, shoes, sandals, anything that doesn't leave her barefoot just because she doesn't like the feel of the floor). Even in winter she's asked me 'how can you go around barefoot like that?!'
To me, going around wearing socks or slippers or shoes all the time is like asking you to wear really thick oven mits all the time. You can't feel anything. You can't savor anything you touch. I'll wear shoes and socks when I go out and about (since you never REALLY know what's embedded in a parking lot or a store's floor and you don't want to bring that home with you), but I prefer being barefoot. It just "feels" better, you know?