Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Master
Black tourmaline...my fav.

I love any tourmaline but black is my favorite.

Black tourmaline is said to protect from all kinds of negativity, ranging from electronic radiation from TVs and computers, to negative people, psychic attacks, past lives and spells. Black tourmaline seems to bring grounding in your life, and to balance our bodily systems for health.

What is Tourmaline?

Tourmaline has been uses as a gem for over 2,000 years. In physical terms, tourmaline is a borosilicate mineral of complex and variable composition. Tourmaline is the name given to the group of related minerals that all have essentially the same crystal structure, but that vary significantly in chemical composition and in some of their physical properties.
Another name for tourmaline is ‘schorl’. Tourmaline can be found in many countries such as the US, Brazil, Burma and Zimbabwe.

Unique Properties of Tourmaline

What is chemically special about tourmaline is that when it is heated, it obtains an electric charge. When charged, it attracts small objects such as hair or small pieces of paper. It is this unique property that has resulted in scientific and industrial uses of tourmaline.

Black Tourmaline as Protector

Black tourmaline has strong protective properties, and can offer shielding from harmful emissions from electronic equipment, from psychic attack and it is said to protect from magic spells and curses in present and past lives.

Tourmaline as Healing Gem Stone

Tourmaline has been considered to heal physical and mental disorders as well as prevent death. It already was attributed such qualities back in the Middle Ages.
Black tourmaline has been known for its strong balancing properties to realize physical healing and health. It is said to aid a number of body systems, including the endocrine, immune and autonomic nervous systems.
How does the black tourmaline work? It help your body towards homeostasis – the state when your body is working perfectly and everything is in balance.
This mineral is considered to be an effective pain reliever, and can be used in the treatment of arthritis and back disorders.

Black Tourmaline as Mental Balancer

For mental/emotional healing, tourmaline appears to help enhance concentration, inspiration and sensitivity. Further, it has been used to stimulate a proper balance between the left and right sides of the brain.
Black tourmaline is considered to also help in all kinds of other areas of our lives where a state of equilibrium is required, such as between play & work, ease & pain; or, inner- & outer- consciousnesses.
One of my sources referred to people in the healing profession specifically, stating that black tourmaline can be useful in balancing the healing and creativity energies required in the art of healing.

Black Tourmaline & Chakra Healing

As its strong back color indicates, black tourmaline is mostly associated with the root or base chakra. As such, it can be used to gain grounding.
For example, in your healing practice, you can give your clients a black tourmaline stone to hold for a few minutes after their healing treatment, as tourmaline is said to rapidly dispels any ‘spacey’ feelings post treatment. You can, of course, also use it yourself, after your meditation, or early in the morning, to quickly wake up.
Having said this, black tourmaline seems to absorb and dissipate negativity related the other chakras as well. It is said to dispel a negative frame of mind (3rd eye chakra); dissolve negative emotions (heart chakra); and to help being free from irrational fear and panic (solar plexus chakra).

Black Tourmaline, as a Lucky Stone

I have read that rubbing black tourmaline brings luck and happiness. When rubbed, it becomes charged with magnetic electricity and the luck intensifies.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Master
Black Tourmaline (Schorl) Gemstone meaning

Rub black tourmaline for luck and happiness. This is a powerful stone and a very lucky stone. When the tourmaline is rubbed it becomes charged with magnetic electricity and the luck intensifies.
Colored Tourmaline

Tourmaline is black, but also shades of red, pink, green, blue and what is known as watermelon tourmaline, which is a crystal with green on the outside and pink in the middle. The green tourmaline brings success. The pink tourmaline will bring love and friends. Tourmalated quartz aids peace of mind. It is found in many countries including Burma, United States, Brazil and Zimbabwe.
Healing properties of Black Tourmaline

Tourmaline uses differs as its colors differ. All colors are very powerful and it must be used carefully. Each person seems to react differently to Tourmaline. It has been used with intestinal problems, but only a healer should use it. Black Tourmaline pushes all negativity away.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Master
Black Tourmaline

Physical
Energizes the bodies electromagnetic system. Strengthens the skeletal system.
Emotional
Soothing and grounding.
Spiritual
Raises consciousness.
Chakra

Root
Chakra chart (opens in separate window)

Black Tourmaline

This Tourmaline is a very good grounding crystal for the emotions. It is also very good for grounding one during crystal healing layouts. It does not hold you back from going as far as you can go, it does help bring you back when you are ready, and more to the point, it grounds the Healing energy and information gained in the layout/meditative state enabling you to integrate what you have received and learned into your physical body and consciousness.
Black Tourmaline when held in the hand will relieve the symptoms of allergies noticeably within 10 minutes, if you do not feel a difference within that time, swap the Tourmaline between hands. It is also good for holding if you get a fright.
Black Tourmaline is very useful for people who are having trouble sleeping, either put it in your groin region or in your hand, even under your pillow and you will have a quality sleep and will awake feeling energized and ready to take on the day ahead with vigor.
I rate these crystals VERY highly, thank goodness they are the least expensive of the Tourmaline families. These would have to be my most often used crystals.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Master
I love my tourmaline I have pink and green and black and blue.
Spiritlite.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I used to work quite a bit with various types of Tourmaline, but now the connection isn't there anymore. I've moved on from it and at the moment the crystals I mainly work with are: 'high vibration' Healing and Love, as well as Changes/Transitions types.

An interesting thing that I noticed was that - at the moment, the essences I'm using are (or seem to be) related to the root (or perhaps all lower) chakra areas, but the crystals are mostly the upper ones with an emphasis on the 'Etheric Heart'.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Master
That's good Kapitan you're doing well :)
Spiritlite
Old 13-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Moonkestrel

oo I love black tourmaline, I have a piece in every room of the house...find it resonates really well with rose quartz...the two make a wonderful combined energy to meditate with...
Old 14-02-2011, 03:24 AM
Master
Hmm Rose quartz and tourmaline that feels like a beautiful combination thanks for sharing.
Spiritlite.
Old 14-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Master
I'd appreciate it if you could name some reliable good online places to buy crystals and stones? I tried to purchase something today I forget the name of the place, but I thought it might be a little flaky.

Old 14-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Master
I do have one if you want to PM me.
Spiritlite.