Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 13-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Kevin22

If Europe didn't colonize America

Then imagine how awesome it would be. Some person would be lucky to be born into a tribes member, to have that cultural thing. And there would be more native americans aswell living today aswell. I wonder what a full blooded native american looks like. Such a shame though :/

But i would also imagine what differences it would make if Native America wasnt colonized. If you picture it from then til today. What do you think?
Old 14-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin22
Then imagine how awesome it would be. Some person would be lucky to be born into a tribes member, to have that cultural thing. And there would be more native americans aswell living today aswell. I wonder what a full blooded native american looks like. Such a shame though :/

But i would also imagine what differences it would make if Native America wasnt colonized. If you picture it from then til today. What do you think?

There would be a lot cleaner air and water. Los Angeles wouldn't look like a cloud of smog. Every time I drive from interstate 15 into that cloud I wonder how unhealthy that must be. Thankfully its the only city I see that its that bad. But it is bad.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 14-07-2014, 05:37 PM
elisi

kevin

by any chance do you also post on the uc board?

hmmm, i thought i had posted on this thread but i don't see it. as far as what full blooded native look like, that varies. are you from the states? there are also light complexioned natives. like any other race, there are varients.
Old 14-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin22

I think if America was not colonised, there would be no people in it. The native Americans used to be called Indians before political correctness. The term was not meant to be derogatory. It comes from the fact that the ancestors of the native Americans migrated to America from the region that we now call India, a region where there is evidence of prehistoric interaction with Celts, who colonised Europe.

People move about. Sometimes that has unfortunate (and sometimes brutal) consequences. For all the negatives though, if people didn't move about and mix and sometimes fight, then the gene pool in any given area would not be very diverse, and quite possibly by now the human races (there would be many, as each would be on its own evolutionary path if they didn't interact) would face extinction through the consequences of inbreeding.
Old 14-07-2014, 06:03 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
I think if America was not colonised, there would be no people in it. The native Americans used to be called Indians before political correctness. The term was not meant to be derogatory. It comes from the fact that the ancestors of the native Americans migrated to America from the region that we now call India, a region where there is evidence of prehistoric interaction with Celts, who colonised Europe.

People move about. Sometimes that has unfortunate (and sometimes brutal) consequences. For all the negatives though, if people didn't move about and mix and sometimes fight, then the gene pool in any given area would not be very diverse, and quite possibly by now the human races (there would be many, as each would be on its own evolutionary path if they didn't interact) would face extinction through the consequences of inbreeding.

i think if america were not colonized there would be LESS people. we were called indians because el stupido columbus didn't know where he was and called them indians.

native ameicans come from many different areas depending on what nation you're talking about. not all na's are alike. some came over through the bering straight. some migrated from europe. others, like the cherokee, shawnee and others, came from south america.
Old 14-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i think if america were not colonized there would be LESS people. we were called indians because el stupido columbus didn't know where he was and called them indians.

native ameicans come from many different areas depending on what nation you're talking about. not all na's are alike. some came over through the bering straight. some migrated from europe. others, like the cherokee, shawnee and others, came from south america.

See, this is why I like you This makes more sense than everything I was taught.
Old 14-07-2014, 06:07 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
See, this is why I like you This makes more sense than everything I was taught.

if you want to know about native americans, don't ask an archeologist, ask an injun.
Old 14-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Master
Some guy just recently published a book trying to negate common ideas about this.

This guy said that (a) all countries were colonizing and subjugating the native peoples at that time--Spain, France, Britain, South American countries, etc.

(b) He claims that the many tribes in America had been warring and conquering each other and lands for centuries. Therefore, he claims, this is the same kind of warfare that was already occurring. He points out that whether it was Teutonic tribes, Normans, Hittites, Mongols--they all captured the native inhabitants, subjugated them and took their lands.

As to slavery in the U.S., this guy claims that it was already rampant in Europe, Asia and Africa, so nothing new. He did acknowledge that what was new was the attitude tying the "rightness" of slavery to religious beliefs, creating a mindset that took centuries to combat (and still isn't gone now).

I just pose these as ideas for consideration.

Lora
Old 14-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Kevin22

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
kevin

by any chance do you also post on the uc board?

hmmm, i thought i had posted on this thread but i don't see it. as far as what full blooded native look like, that varies. are you from the states? there are also light complexioned natives. like any other race, there are varients.
From Norway, but i'm interested in the history of the native americans. Thanks for the info btw. Don't know what uc board is though?
Old 14-07-2014, 06:39 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Some guy just recently published a book trying to negate common ideas about this.

This guy said that (a) all countries were colonizing and subjugating the native peoples at that time--Spain, France, Britain, South American countries, etc.

(b) He claims that the many tribes in America had been warring and conquering each other and lands for centuries. Therefore, he claims, this is the same kind of warfare that was already occurring. He points out that whether it was Teutonic tribes, Normans, Hittites, Mongols--they all captured the native inhabitants, subjugated them and took their lands.

As to slavery in the U.S., this guy claims that it was already rampant in Europe, Asia and Africa, so nothing new. He did acknowledge that what was new was the attitude tying the "rightness" of slavery to religious beliefs, creating a mindset that took centuries to combat (and still isn't gone now).

I just pose these as ideas for consideration.

Lora

the natives were like others in many respects. although most tribes lived in peace, many did war. and we have to be truthful about ourselves...the tsalagi (cherokee) were the most literate nation. far more than even the white settlers. they could read and write. many also owned plantations, being very wealthy and quite nicely adapting to white man's ways. when they were forced out of their homes not allowed to take anything, for the long walk (trail of tears), many women had on modern dresses and silk slippers, not conducive to marching through rough terrain and snow. the fashion of the day. we even owned slaves. many black can claim cherokee blood. tina turner is half cherokee. people are people.

but overall, i think the red race has more respect for the earth they live on and can show others how to live more in balance.