Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Sungirl

today, with my cats I let some tears out... only a couple, but I let them out.

No idea if it helped tho...
Old 28-01-2012, 09:45 PM
CatChild

I can't help but relate to everything that you're experiencing re not being able to cry. if you're like me, even setting aside logic and practicality, does it almost feel 'forced' rather than natural?

I find it extremely hard to cry because it doesn't feel 'productive' for the bigger picture. Perhaps its because I'm too impatient to cry. I want to problem solve, not problem feel. To me, crying represents feeling or experiencing a problem or issue that causes me stress.

I'm not sure why I'm like this. Anyway, perhaps you can relate? PM me and maybe we can intellectualize it together haha. :)

(Sometimes humor works). I'm sorry you're going through the experience of being treated in a dehumanizing way by the corporation. That's just not right. I hope you find the solution- perhaps it'll come when you're happily preoccupied with something else completely soothing. Good luck.

~ C.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:44 PM
n2mec

For me, I suppose in time the need for tears may vanish as with the human condition, with the exception of may be a foreign particle of course. A higher sense or capacity to understand that emotions are really a very small part of what we are all about, contrary to many popular beliefs.

if nothing else I am sure it would save on tissue paper, and even the run of mascara.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
Some stuff that is going on is really getting to me at the moment and part of me just wants to crawl into a corner and give up.... but I won't let that happen so I stifle that person, geeing them along.

But even though I keep going there is a part of me that want's to cry... but I stifle that too... and I wonder, what is the point? What does it achieve? It won't fix all this, it's just the depression talking and I need to get some perspective and get on with it.

Is there any purpose to having a cry?

It's not like I'm seeing it as as weakness, I have cried a lot in the past, I just don't see the point at the moment.

Are you a cryer and do you think it helps?

Sungirl – There is a point to crying and that is the expression of intense emotions, joy, sadness, pain or anguish. I’ve always thought that the ability to cry is the ability to get down deep into your soul and touch the meaning of life. I spoke with a man the other day that revealed to me that he has never cried in his life, even as a boy. He said he was never taught that showing those types of emotions was a part of life and his mother never cried. Then he told me that as a father it’s not right for a man to show weakness to his children because he will scare them. He talks about his deceased spouse a lot, but never tears up or gets emotional. When he told me he’s never learned how to cry, I felt bad for him because I thought it was strange that he said he “never learned.” Crying is such a natural response. I don’t think I learned how to cry. When I feel myself getting disassociated from a painful memory that I know I need a good cry instead, I force myself to go into the memory and experience the pain so I can get out a good cry and release it. Pent up emotions have to go somewhere if not expressed and I’ve seen people develop physical and emotional health problems or burst into rage when what they really needed all along was a good cry.

Blackraven