Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Ascender

my posting was and is all nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'll tell you what I think. I don't know what it means to say 'in relation to all there is'. It does sound kinda mystical, though.

Next, it's love again, which seems to me like presenting something spiritual again, but I don't believe it. 'Love' is just uttered meaninglessly like a little balloon all puffed up with air. Very spiritual, though.

All that peanut butter stuff is nonsense.

Language is a code used to convey a meaning, and I'm wondering, what is it exactly that you mean to say to me?
Old 01-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwing33
my posting was and is all nonsense

I understand, and almost everything I say is nonsense, too.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Master
I speak nonsense. Beats imaginary spirituial greatness separating me even further from seeing me as I am. The fool who knows his folly is so far wise etc...we are not b e a u t i f u l l flowers. And that's not at anyone if not at myself as well. We are totally and utterly lost. "How can you help another when you too are a victim of the same disease?". We are less than irrelevant and positively dangerous. Genocide is the grossest expression of each person's individual inner conflict. If you haven't completely ended it in yourself then you're the cause of this mess, not the cure.

How can we even proceed unless we start to see our culpability? As said, sometimes the cracks are more obvious to the other than ourselves,,, as they don't need us to be fearfully right, as we do. Isn't it supposed to be "I don't know" are the wisest words? Why can't we start from knowing nothing? Which is how it is any way, spiritually speaking. Perhaps some do start there.. We are legends in our own heads and if we can convince others of same then we are validated in that narcissism. I'm guilty of it. I want to be patted on the back and told I've sussed it.

I think I do have an intellectual grasp of some of it but I think that's one of the critical mistakes in the spiritual exercise; that I can give a good concept of the moment, in words, without actually l i v i n g in the moment. Just saying a thing doesn't mean someone has it in their hand.

We want the stars without cleaning out the gutter and acknowledging the ugly parts of ourself. Paper over the cracks job. Words like ugly aren't supposed to be used in this new positive thinking spirituality "paradigm"...just nice words please. Words that sell books, can be put on banners, we don't want to hear about the wounds...well unless we can big ourselves up with them somehow.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 01-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Master
Hello,

To me, whether something is nonsense or not depends on the context in which something is being discussed and whether one believes or practices it and in what manner it is presented.

I have some friends who, I feel, would find many things discussed on forums such as this as nonsense. They just are not into it or practice it.

There can be nonsense found in most anything that involves a philosophy, theology, or even theory. One may find truth and another may find falsehood. Some may not care about it.

It is how one takes it, IMO. One persons humor can be another persons insult. Humor kind of works that way, IMO.

Agree, it is healthy to have a sense of humor and not to take it all so seriously.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Master
I don't think its nonsense all of it but.....

I see what you are saying but i think that only happens when you get people who where formally part of a pack mentality elsewhere, and then they will slip once again back into the most prominent behavior within spirituality. Its natural human behavior in some ways, go with the stereotype. But i don't think everybody is like this. You see this kind of thing on social networks like facebook & twitter, themed behavior. Everybody speaks the same, users the same terminology and expressions. It a breath of fresh air when you see women expressing their creativity and individuality, instead of just being another product off the production line.........and you see that here sometimes.

The best teachers in the world, can seem to get a pineapple to understand what they are saying, i guess allot of these spiritual teachers deliberately make everything complex. I am not a teacher, but i i was i would imagine i was talking to a pineapple. If you have to get all complex, all it means is that you don't really understand what you are talking about.

All i need to know is this, i just stick to the simple and then go from there.

1. Reality is a projection, from inside of me ultimately. You have everybody running around, trying to grab this and physically hammer the world into submission without (Thinking). You have to change what's inside you first, you believes, your ideas, your emotions, magnetism. Obviously other things interact like karma, and perception but yeh....all of power is with us.

2. The world is not physical like we are taught to believe. But of cause we have been conditioned to see as everything as solid, even though we know it is not! its still firmly hammered into our subconscious, seeing/doing is believing it. You see this trend in sports, once people perceive it as possible. That information starts effecting everybody, the story of the (Breaking of the 4 minute track running mile displays this best).

3. At are core we are just vibrating energy, energy can neither be destroyed only changed form. Kind of discredits the whole idea of death, so stop worrying. Of course, you want to hang on as long as possible and achieve as much as you can though!
Old 01-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Master
**sings** ...
I don't want no part of this crazy love
I don't want no part of your love

Paul Simon - Crazy Love, Vol II

Old 01-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Lorelyen

Lovely. There's so much word play about.

Perhaps it's time someone wrote a "Bluff Your Way in Spirituality" guide.

Well, there are plenty of books and pseudo-gurus out there who could have used that title but wanted their particular slant to be taken seriously by the gullible.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Guide
<<It's just a typo... should be "true or fake".>>

My apologies - I was typing in a hurry and yes, the R and the F are closely located to each other. :-)

I did mean to say - How true OR fake you want your reality to be is up to you.

Yet - others on here has made some typos too (Hey Ivy?? TOO and not to) but this is not a spelling test.

I myself know also how I view fake people. I do not like fake people that appear flaky. For me personally - I am drawn to genuine people, where I can sense values like truthfulness and integrity. I guess dealing with fake people just exposes one to abuse, hurt and disappointment. But if you choose to be fake then it is your choice.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:12 PM
TaoSandwich

"Venerable assembly, suppose there is someone whose practice is pure in body, but not in speech and mind. If you see this person and feel disgust, the disgust needs to be removed.

Venerable assembly, suppose there is someone whose practice is not pure in body, but pure in speech and mind. If you see this person and feel disgust, the disgust needs to be removed. How is this removed?

Venerable assembly, it's like a monk who practices outdoors and finds stained cloth. When he sees cloth discarded in the toilet which is stained with excrement, urine, mucus, or other impurities, he picks it up with his left hand, opens it with his right hand, tears it up, and saves the parts that are not stained or damaged.

Venerable assembly, suppose there is someone whose practice is not pure in body, but pure in speech and mind. Do not think of this practice as impure in body, but just think of this practice as pure in speech and mind. If you see the impurity and feel disgust, the disgust needs to be removed.

This is the way for a monk who practices outdoors and collects discarded cloths. There are four types as well as ten types of discarded cloths. When you collect cloths, you should save the pieces without holes. Also, the parts heavily stained with urine and excrement are not taken. Save the pieces that can be washed clean."

-Agama Midiaka Sutra
Old 01-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Kamila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
**sings** ...

Paul Simon - Crazy Love, Vol II

Closed Thread