Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 17-08-2023, 01:46 PM
Master
Dream of my own oracle deck

My own oracle cards... I've been thinking about that for years. But then I counted the paintings I had and realised I didn't have enough for a deck of 44, the usual amount of cards.
Then another thing... some paintings are landscape, not portrait. These days you do have oracle deck with both types of cards in it, I've got at least one, but don't find it handy.
So that was another obstacle.

Then the other day, when I'd finished my Dreaming of Avalon painting, I suddenly had the solution for both issues.
I have way more paintings in the meantime as I've painted so much this year, so numbers isn't so much of a problem anymore.
But the landscape thing... suddenly thought I could do parts of a painting and have that in portrait format.

Problem solved, and even better as sometimes different scenes in a painting would & could represent different messages!

So instead of having the landscape problem with Dreaming of Avalon I'd for instance use this:

And if I want I can take other parts of the painting as well.
So who knows... might still happen at some point!!
Wouldn't that be lovely?! Having MY images and also my own interpretation
Usually people only channel the messages and someone else does the artwork. I can do both myself.
Old 19-08-2023, 01:10 AM
Master
That's exciting Fairy Crystal. Go for it. I created my own deck many years ago but never went as far as self-publishing. I used to be part of a forum that I think only exists now as an archive but there are tons of threads and examples of decks that might be helpful. https://www.tarotforum.net

It was a tremendous learning experience for me to do this. Wishing you every success.
Old 19-08-2023, 03:28 AM
Master

Excellent idea.
Yes, very true that you can use different sections of your paintings. I'm thinking the lady that is draped in the tree in the tree in the same painting as above could also be used.
Old 19-08-2023, 07:50 PM
Administrator
Have to agree with Uma and Angel go for it your intuition will guide you to which art work to use.

Namaste
Old 20-08-2023, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
That's exciting Fairy Crystal. Go for it. I created my own deck many years ago but never went as far as self-publishing....
I know that forum, was a member of it. Such a shame it stopped as it was great, a good place for advice and sharing.

As for my own deck, I do not wish to self-publish. I want a publisher that does the work, promoting etc. With self-publishing you might sell between 20 - 50 copies tops, unless you're very good at marketing or get someone in for that.

I've published my books with a publisher, I'd want oracle cards published the same way :)
Old 20-08-2023, 09:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Excellent idea.
Yes, very true that you can use different sections of your paintings. I'm thinking the lady that is draped in the tree in the tree in the same painting as above could also be used.
Thank you!
The woman in the willow tree would be another one for sure!
Old 20-08-2023, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Have to agree with Uma and Angel go for it your intuition will guide you to which art work to use.
Namaste
Thank you!
It feels good to unexpectedly have another dream that can come true!
Old 20-08-2023, 09:31 AM
Master
I just had a look at the paintings I got that I could use and amazingly enough I have enough material for at least 45 cards!
Thanks to having painted so many new things this year.
And it'd be a good variety too.
I have one of a rotting tree trunk that was in the local village woods and fascinated me. That li'l woods was traditionally called "the witches woods" by the locals.
I used a photo I'd take of the tree trunk and oddly enough the painting had faces and skulls :o I had not done that intentionally and it actually quite spooked me when I noticed it.
But it would be a good one to incorporate in a deck.
Old 27-08-2023, 07:31 AM
Master

You have got MORE than enough material to create several decks LOL...
Old 01-09-2023, 12:30 PM
Master
I wouldn't go quite that far, but it should be enough for one deck
Unfortunately I've been stagnant for a fortnight since I'm having an earproblem. Had my ears cleaned by the ENT and since then something is off. The left one is permanently blocked which is started to drive me up the wall. There's pressure, sometimes aches, and makes me dizzy.
Meaning I haven't done anything much since.
There's no infection, ear is clean, so I'm stuck.
Seen a cranio-facial therapist, emailed my osteopath just now. Still hoping one of these therapies can help.

Meaning I haven't gotten round to doing anything towards text for an oracle deck either, grmble...