Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-05-2013, 11:22 AM
icy_su

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Its all the time but it is stronger if I'm more focused on it. So meditation makes it stronger.

Dear Running,

Thanks for your question. In practicing Buddhism, generally I feel peaceful and clear minded, with a sense of joy. But a few times, I did feel full of joy. That was usually the sign of improvement or inspiration. But it did not last long -- a few hours, or two weeks at the most. I know other Buddhists experience the same when they improve.

I do not know if such feeling is comparable to yours. But I would suggest that whatever religion you pursue, always review yourself with the standards of truth, beauty and kindness. If you are going towards these ends, you are fine.

Also, in Buddhism, when Buddhists practice, they do experience very usual feelings. Buddha taught that, whatever extraordinary feelings you experience, do not think it as holy. Take it as ordinary things.

Best,
Icy
Old 19-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by icy_su
Dear Running,

Thanks for your question. In practicing Buddhism, generally I feel peaceful and clear minded, with a sense of joy. But a few times, I did feel full of joy. That was usually the sign of improvement or inspiration. But it did not last long -- a few hours, or two weeks at the most. I know other Buddhists experience the same when they improve.

I do not know if such feeling is comparable to yours. But I would suggest that whatever religion you pursue, always review yourself with the standards of truth, beauty and kindness. If you are going towards these ends, you are fine.

Also, in Buddhism, when Buddhists practice, they do experience very usual feelings. Buddha taught that, whatever extraordinary feelings you experience, do not think it as holy. Take it as ordinary things.

Best,
Icy

I'm realy enjoying your thread! And yeah, totaly ordinary! That's awesome!
Old 19-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Dear Running,

Best,
Icy

I believe it comes and goes then it sticks. I don't think there's much to worry about as far as good and bad. The motive to do bad is eliminated when one is happy. But I'm not disagreeing with u. What harm can happen from reviewing ones actions.
Old 19-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Althougj I would try to stay on the side of forgiveness of things so the energy may flow freely enabling one to reach there objective. Being inner peace.

I'm just talking from my experience. Making conversation about what yoir saying. Contemplatimg. I think I used to be greek because its contemplation that has been a golden key for my progress
Old 20-05-2013, 02:24 AM
icy_su

Quote:
Althougj I would try to stay on the side of forgiveness of things so the energy may flow freely enabling one to reach there objective. Being inner peace.

I'm just talking from my experience. Making conversation about what yoir saying. Contemplatimg. I think I used to be greek because its contemplation that has been a golden key for my progress

Hi Running,

I am sorry but I am really having a hard time to understand your post. Would you mind clarifying a bit?

Thanks,
Icy
Old 20-05-2013, 03:56 AM
.the-i.d.o-man-that's-me

I have respect for Buddhism and I love some of their philosophy however I've never been inclined to pursue the practice's as I'm happy with my own.

The funny thing is though, I've been awakened in dream state twice to encounter's with Buddhist.

The first was about 8-9 years ago, I was standing outside of a courtyard watching buddhist students through a high metal fence and they were circled around what I think was a monk whom was educating them all but I couldn't see the monk in the centre because of the crowd, I looked around me and there were also other's there whom were watching what was going on too, but non of them were Buddhist either, just like my self they were just all casual spectator's.

The 2nd was just last week, I awoke in dream state and was standing in a Buddhist temple staring at a monk, the odd thing was he had no eye's or mouth, there was just skin grown over his eye's and mouth area but they had no opening's to see or talk, there was just skin there, that's all, I thought to my self, how can he eat or drink with no mouth?, that's odd...however his body was well grown and healthy in appearance so he didn't even look like he needed to eat or drink, weird?

He was bald, clean shaven and I also had the sense the temple was in china some where, I just don't know exactly where

strange?...any idea's on whom they were icy?
Old 20-05-2013, 05:36 AM
icy_su

Quote:
Originally Posted by .the-i.d.o-man-that's-me
I have respect for Buddhism and I love some of their philosophy however I've never been inclined to pursue the practice's as I'm happy with my own.

The funny thing is though, I've been awakened in dream state twice to encounter's with Buddhist.

The first was about 8-9 years ago, I was standing outside of a courtyard watching buddhist students through a high metal fence and they were circled around what I think was a monk whom was educating them all but I couldn't see the monk in the centre because of the crowd, I looked around me and there were also other's there whom were watching what was going on too, but non of them were Buddhist either, just like my self they were just all casual spectator's.

The 2nd was just last week, I awoke in dream state and was standing in a Buddhist temple staring at a monk, the odd thing was he had no eye's or mouth, there was just skin grown over his eye's and mouth area but they had no opening's to see or talk, there was just skin there, that's all, I thought to my self, how can he eat or drink with no mouth?, that's odd...however his body was well grown and healthy in appearance so he didn't even look like he needed to eat or drink, weird?

He was bald, clean shaven and I also had the sense the temple was in china some where, I just don't know exactly where

strange?...any idea's on whom they were icy?

Dear IDO,

Thanks for your post. With regard to dream interpretation, I would recommend three methods.

One is Freud's books. Under his theory, dreams can be satisfaction of real life desire, can be combination of memory pieces, can be reflection of our feelings and emotions, etc.

The second is your intuition. Dreams can be inspiring. They may help to solve problems, and even predict future. Many people have Deja Vue experience with dreams.

The 3rd is a religious perspective. In Buddhism, when one had purified his heart to a certain extent, dreams become peaceful too. I tend to believe that it's the same with other religions or moral discipline.

Yet whatever method you use, the best person to interpret the dreams is yourself. You are the one who knows yourself best.

Best,
Icy
Old 20-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hi Running,

I am sorry but I am really having a hard time to understand your post. Would you mind clarifying a bit?

Thanks,
Icy

While reviewing the actions of oneself I would stay in a mind of forgiveness. Meaning I wouldn't be critical about what ever I'm reviewing. Reason being is my objective is inner peace. The real war or conflict is inside me. I would want to heal this conflict or inner war. In judgement there is greater conflict and war. In acceptance and forgiveness there is peace.

In my journey I have found we live many lives. I'm pretty sure we have done it all. I know I have. Its a hard pill to swallow. But when swallowed without judgement but with lots of acceptance I found the war and conflict to go away. When this goes away peace begins to happen. And also judgement of others begins to go away for obvious reasons. Because I had accepted my self with all my faults. Thus outer peace begins to happen.

Energeticaly its like a river. The energy wants to flow down stream. But when my mind is in a state of judgement I dam up the river. Creating a war inside me.

But this doesn't mean I don't attempt to be good to others. I do. And feel its important. I'm mentioning this because doing good is easy. Accepting oneself and others as they are is harder. But I have found for me a great ingrediant for someone on a spiritual path.
Old 20-05-2013, 08:16 AM
icy_su

Quote:
While reviewing the actions of oneself I would stay in a mind of forgiveness. Meaning I wouldn't be critical about what ever I'm reviewing. Reason being is my objective is inner peace. The real war or conflict is inside me. I would want to heal this conflict or inner war. In judgement there is greater conflict and war. In acceptance and forgiveness there is peace.

In my journey I have found we live many lives. I'm pretty sure we have done it all. I know I have. Its a hard pill to swallow. But when swallowed without judgement but with lots of acceptance I found the war and conflict to go away. When this goes away peace begins to happen. And also judgement of others begins to go away for obvious reasons. Because I had accepted my self with all my faults. Thus outer peace begins to happen.

Energeticaly its like a river. The energy wants to flow down stream. But when my mind is in a state of judgement I dam up the river. Creating a war inside me.

But this doesn't mean I don't attempt to be good to others. I do. And feel its important. I'm mentioning this because doing good is easy. Accepting oneself and others as they are is harder. But I have found for me a great ingrediant for someone on a spiritual path.

Dear Running,

Thanks for sharing with us your path. I respect it.

Best wishes,
Icy
Old 20-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Dear Running,

Thanks for sharing with us your path. I respect it.

Best wishes,
Icy

Goes both ways and why I'm enjoying your thread! Thank you! I am a truck driver and was just reading about a trucker in China. In truck driving its important to be on time. The story was about a Chinese trucker who got a broken front windshield. He put cardboard up and drove 200 miles or so with his head out the window so he could see. When he was tired he drove by feel. He did not crash. Apparantly according to the story the cops made him stop for safety reasons. As a truck driver its an amazing story of will power. What that trucker was doing was amazing. I imagine in China its very mountainous wich makes things much harder already.

This is kind of off topic but I wanted to mention because I feel whats the most important thing going on is how things are melting together. Meaning I think its awesome that you are sharing your experience of Buddhism in China. From reading and conversing its as if cultures cross borders and melt together. I think that is very cool!